The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

ScrewyAurum

while they should give an upgrade option to those without DLC & probably will 

But why anyone wouldn’t want the dlc in their next gen experience is beyond me,it’s quite cheap at this point & is probably one of the best reviewed dlc of all 

I’m looking forward to the next gen version just because of the dlc & holding it off until then 

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

while they should give an upgrade option to those without DLC & probably will 

But why anyone wouldn’t want the dlc in their next gen experience is beyond me,it’s quite cheap at this point & is probably one of the best reviewed dlc of all 

I’m looking forward to the next gen version just because of the dlc & holding it off until then 

He has the DLC, he just bought it individually as it released instead of the GOTY pack

The reason I mentioned that is because I've not played a proper RPG game like The Witcher before (and yeah, Horizon: Zero Dawn doesn't count). So, when I bought the game, I bought it with the intention of playing the base game first and then deciding whether I want to buy the DLCs or not. I did play about 4-5 hours of the game on my PS4 and soon the next-gen version was announced.

So, I'm still not convinced about getting the DLCs.

From what I've played so far, the world, lore, characters are amazing, but the gameplay loop is not something that keeps me hooked. But, I've spent an inconsiderable amount of time to form a conclusion and rule it out completely. So, an upgrade for only the base game would be awesome.

Edited by VelivolusDas

DLCs are fantastic. Both expansion must play. Personally I liked it more than the base game. ?

Gameplay is weakest part of the series but still not that bad. You can make separate builds and not just always rely on rolling 24/7. 

The reason I mentioned that is because I've not played a proper RPG game like The Witcher before (and yeah, Horizon: Zero Dawn doesn't count). So, when I bought the game, I bought it with the intention of playing the base game first and then deciding whether I want to buy the DLCs or not. I did play about 4-5 hours of the game on my PS4 and soon the next-gen version was announced.

So, I'm still not convinced about getting the DLCs.

From what I've played so far, the world, lore, characters are amazing, but the gameplay loop is not something that keeps me hooked. But, I've spent an inconsiderable amount of time to form a conclusion and rule it out completely. So, an upgrade for only the base game would be awesome.

I’ve owned Witcher 3 on both PS4 and Series X, played it on PS4 for a few hours and never went back. Bought the GOTY version on sale for my Series X, tried the 60fps mode and the experience was much smoother. I finished the main storyline and I’m waiting for the next gen upgrade to finish the two DLC’s.

• 3 months later...
16 hours ago, SuperT said:

Good luck. The gameplay was super dated even back when it released, can't even imagine how bad it must be now. Only quest design and work building is somewhat good. 

4 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Good luck. The gameplay was super dated even back when it released, can't even imagine how bad it must be now. Only quest design and work building is somewhat good. 

Yeah I have heard the 'animation combat system' doesn't hold well if one comapres it to games like DMC or Nier etc. But if the lore and environment is good enough I am game.

4 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Yeah I have heard the 'animation combat system' doesn't hold well if one comapres it to games like DMC or Nier etc. But if the lore and environment is good enough I am game.

Forget those, it doesn't even stand up well against the nu Assassin's creed games or something smaller like greedfall. 

6 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Forget those, it doesn't even stand up well against the nu Assassin's creed games or something smaller like greedfall. 

Hmmm...that could hamper the experience. I already have it so will definitely give it a go and decide. I love games that have good lore and environment so I have a feeling I will end up liking it. 

1 minute ago, SuperT said:

Hmmm...that could hamper the experience. I already have it so will definitely give it a go and decide. I love games that have good lore and environment so I have a feeling I will end up liking it. 

Combat is a weak part of the game but only if you focus just on dodge-sword gameplay. There are multiple builds and even more once you unlock the mutation mechanic. Don't sleep on Alchemy. 

The story, characters, the world, DLCs are all good. Wannabe RPGs/AC games got nothing on Witcher 3. 

• Like 2