The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

ScrewyAurum

It’s a must play game of last generation. 

Gameplay is obviously no GoW but it’s not Ryse either. 

Enemy variety is the key along with appropriate use of Signs,potions & glyphs.

Quite deep if you ask me. 

Biggest flaw IMO are the animations & models & they aren’t great in many massive open world games of that time or before. 

I played this and both the expansions. Brilliant game. I didn't do any alchemy until like a quarter of the game. It was way more fun after I started.

The story was brilliant. 1 of the best I have ever played. The combat system wasn't good. It was clunky and often very irritating. If u just finished an AC game I would recommend waiting a while before starting this.

My only problem with the story is they stretched the search for ciri a bit too much. I mean there are 4 locations + the castle. You go throughout white orchard looking for yen. Then all three locations are covered in looking for ciri. By the time I was in skelliga I was pretty bored. Then yen showed up and I was back in the game. I like how ciri's journey upto the isle tied up in the end. About 60% of the game was finding ciri. It wasn't bad but a wee bit stretched. That and the combat is not its strong suite. The expansions were awesome. Pulling a heist in a fantasy game was thrilling. And blood and wine expansion was one of the best dlc's I ever played. All in all, 8.8/10 for me.

I'll def play the updated version again provided it has enough improvements. Any idea if its free?

Edited by Horizon Days Dawn

15 hours ago, san_Assassin said:

246640670_10159024459379331_455150226129

So Cyberpunk next gen version will come before Witcher 3? I was hoping they would complete the game by taking more time. Guess not.

Anyways, issue with Witcher 3 combat it it's button mashy and you cannot be sure if an attack will be a hit or not. About as bad as elder scrolls series.

9 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

About as bad as elder scrolls series.

No comparison…..it was miles better & much more deep. 

15 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Lol. Trying to be rockstar. 

#Every original has a cheap copy. 

To be honest The Witcher 3 is quite comparable to Red Dead Redemption. 

Though Rockstar north & the GTA series is still untouchable. 

24 minutes ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

By the time I was in skelliga I was pretty bored.

Yes same. I remember having lots of fun exploring Velen and Novigrad. Then Skellige came along and just looking at the amount of question marks on the map just exhausted me. Ended up not exploring that area much. I think part of the fault was that Velen+Novigrad itself was so huge so you kind of get tired there itself. 

Hearths & Stone and Blood & Wine was brilliant and brought back the magic. 

Skellige sucked for people wanted to do explore or 100%. The amount of cache were just too much. Not a fan of Ciri but fine.

Expansions were better than base game. Hearts of Stone was amazing. :thumbsup:

On 10/21/2021 at 1:45 PM, AnK said:

No comparison…..it was miles better & much more deep. 

To be honest The Witcher 3 is quite comparable to Red Dead Redemption. 

Though Rockstar north & the GTA series is still untouchable. 

Its actually a perfect comparison. Both games have really good story and characters and pretty crappy most everything else.

Rdr2 story was also very blunt. It was just the character appeal. It felt like nothing was really hapenning most of the time. The antagonists were like ghosts in the conjuring. They just pop up and say boo, stick around a few seconds and gone. They next show up hours later. Then in the end they just eliminate them. Also very blunt. The alternate ending logic was subpar. The combat with guns is so repetitive. I never thought I would get bored just shooting.

Tw3 had comparative inferior visuals and the combat is clunky and unresponsive. Controls were all really really bad in rdr2 and some controls were bad in tw3. Tw3 combat eventually got repetitive by about the end of the game. Rdr2 I was bored out of my mind by chapter 3 - 4 ish.

Tw3 had good reason for having some of the problems and that is simply how old it is. Rdr2 has no excuses for their screw ups.

For me at least tw3 was way better than rdr2.

On 10/21/2021 at 2:03 PM, Joe Cool said:

Skellige sucked for people wanted to do explore or 100%. The amount of cache were just too much. Not a fan of Ciri but fine.

Expansions were better than base game. Hearts of Stone was amazing. :thumbsup:

I loved ciri and all the characters. Its really weird how nobody ever hated tw3 because geralt's a blunt kinda guy but a lot of ppl who don't hate geralt hate days gone cause deek is on the same lines. I liked the expansions and the main game just as much. Tw3 ranks like 7 or 8 on my list.

On 10/21/2021 at 1:57 PM, dylanjosh said:

Yes same. I remember having lots of fun exploring Velen and Novigrad. Then Skellige came along and just looking at the amount of question marks on the map just exhausted me. Ended up not exploring that area much. I think part of the fault was that Velen+Novigrad itself was so huge so you kind of get tired there itself. 

Hearths & Stone and Blood & Wine was brilliant and brought back the magic. 

I actually find skelliga to be one of the better locations. Once you get into it u see how nice it is. I mostly skipped the q marks in the sea's till almost the end of the game. Still once I met up with yen on skelliga, which happened pretty soon, I was back in the game.

On 10/21/2021 at 2:04 PM, Joe Cool said:

The upgrade will be free for all owners.

Unlike Rockstar. :lol:

Planning to play this again. Skipped the DLCs last time. Heard they are one of the best DLCs for a game.

On a separate note - had Rockstar remastered it - they probably would have charged $14.99 extra for playing GWENT.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finished the main story + both DLCs. The most differentiating aspect of Witcher 3 with any other games was the side missions that matters. Its a truly open world game where every decision has consequences. The depth of story even in a small scrap of paper and the vastness of the world is astounding.  Now i understand the rage of CyberPunk2077 crowd and understand why they felt cheated. I thought buying digital copy for 599 was a waste but now after completing it, I feeling empty. Planning to start New game+ soon..

• 2 months later...
On 10/20/2021 at 8:54 PM, Guest said:

Official: The next-gen version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in the second quarter of 2022.

I have the GOTY digital edition.. still haven’t played the dlcs. Base game was :wub: . Hopefully that’s enough to carry the progress and resume on ps5 

Edited by rAgHaV

• 1 month later...