The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

ScrewyAurum

CDPR really needed this after the Cyberpunk debacle. :lol:

Anyways I’m not complaining. The Witcher series is one of my absolute favourite gaming franchise. Really hope to see Geralt back though. It didn’t feel like Ciri was interesting enough to carry a whole game on her own.

9 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

It didn’t feel like Ciri was interesting enough to carry a whole game on her own.

This. And I felt the same with netflix 2nd season, meh. The game which I'm more excited about. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 1:05 AM, Snake said:

No Geraldo No Sale

I think they should remake 1 or 1+2 combined in a much more expansive open world setting like 3. 

Majority of the ppl who played 3 never got to play those as it was PC exclusive. 

Tried Witcher 2 on 360 in the lead up hype to Witcher 3 but it performed horribly bad & the gameplay hadn’t aged too well. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping an old game thread

has this game aged well!? I was very curious about it esp the story. Saw a bit of gameplay and while the quests look immersive, the combat seems superficial.

The Goty version is 999 on steam. Is it worth it in 2022? I know this game was awarded game of the year in 2015 so it has the according 

4 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

has this game aged well!? I was very curious about it esp the story. Saw a bit of gameplay and while the quests look immersive, the combat seems superficial.

The Goty version is 999 on steam. Is it worth it in 2022? I know this game was awarded game of the year in 2015 so it has the according 

As one of the most important rpg game out there… yes!

It’s worth the money and then some.  But the game goes on sale at 300 rs in steam. 

you should play it if you are a Rpg fan. 

Edited by SaiKO
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

For story( campaign ) and characters for main game + DLCs then yes.

For combat no, it's very bare bones and boring.

open world elements may seem dated today idk.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RV1709 said:

Just play and make your own opinion on it. Remember it's a 2015 game, keep that open mindset and play. You will love the combat as well if you do that. Lots of people loved the combat.

Most RPGs doesn't have best combat out there. Look at skyrim (doesn't have best sword fight in it's time), fallout(doesn't have best shooting mechanics in it's time), mass effects series(doesn't have best TPS shooting in it's time either) and lots more. And people don't play those games having that mindset tbh. They are RPG, not linear action adventures.

some of the in-game screenshot I took long back...I lost most of them due to HDD format and all...
The-Witcher-3-Super-Resolution-2020-04-2
The-Witcher-3-Super-Resolution-2019-07-0
The-Witcher-3-Super-Resolution-2019-06-3
The-Witcher-3-Super-Resolution-2020-04-1

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Just play and make your own opinion on it. Remember it's a 2015 game, keep that open mindset and play. You will love the combat as well if you do that. Lots of people loved the combat.

Most RPGs doesn't have best combat out there. Look at skyrim (doesn't have best sword fight in it's time), fallout(doesn't have best shooting mechanics in it's time), mass effects series(doesn't have best TPS shooting in it's time either) and lots more. And people don't play those games having that mindset tbh. They are RPG, not linear action adventures.

some of the in-game screenshot I took long back...I lost most of them due to HDD format and all...
The-Witcher-3-Super-Resolution-2020-04-2
The-Witcher-3-Super-Resolution-2019-06-3
The-Witcher-3-Super-Resolution-2020-04-1

Wow the game still holds up graphically ! Are you using mods or is this vanilla base game?

9 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Wow the game still holds up graphically ! Are you using mods or is this vanilla base game?

Vanilla... Just taken in my Ultrawide aspect monitor using nvidia's screengrab.

And also had DSR on from nvidia control panel.

Edited by SaiKO
  • Like 1

CD PROJEKT RED  - "Let's make this 7th anniversary even better, shall we?

We're delighted to share that the Next Gen version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is planned to release in Q4 2022.

See you on the Path, witchers!"

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Ah! Fantastic news! 3rd walkthrough of Witcher 3 ...Here I come during holidays!!

You have time to play the Witcher 3 times? :fear1:

I am 100 hours in and have been playing the game for almost 3 years now. Yet to complete it. 

• Haha 2