The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

ScrewyAurum

9 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

I have played on PC with the high res texture mod. Is this actually better? I feel like I can’t really tell the difference

It can't get better than the PC version does it ? But definitely looks way better than the $10 upgrades and they could have easily sold it as a remaster 

IMG-20221124-WA0002.jpg

27 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

It can't get better than the PC version does it ? But definitely looks way better than the $10 upgrades and they could have easily sold it as a remaster 

IMG-20221124-WA0002.jpg

PC version didn’t have RT. Interested in seeing if the performance tanks when they are enabled in the new upgrade

7 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

IMG-20221124-WA0002.jpg

Then people would have been mad lol. Would have said something like "All these improvements were already available on PC". Now, even though the upgrades are underwhelming, they feel like they can't complain since it's all free.

11 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

The vegetation seems kind of excessive. In the new one, it covers the aesthetic rock formation on the left.

Or, it's just a different camera angle. Personally, the next-gen update looks amazing and the fact that it's free is just cherry on top. I'll be resuming from where I left off.

5 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Then people would have been mad lol. Would have said something like "All these improvements were already available on PC". Now, even though the upgrades are underwhelming, they feel like they can't complain since it's all free.

But that's probably true with any PC upgrade. This is the 'nextgen' upgrade and technically, there is no nextgen in PC; at least not in the same sense as consoles. For CDPR, this is a PC upgrade over their last retail version. They can't, obviously, take mods into consideration.

59 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Its a good cover up for CyberJunk f**k up on consoles..

5 hours ago, Kumar123 said:

The vegetation seems kind of excessive. In the new one, it covers the aesthetic rock formation on the left.

It's still there.

4hkFC1K.jpg

Looks pretty great in motion.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

3 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

vlcsnap-2022-11-24-1668ie1.png

thewitcher3screenshotrke1h.png

Read some comments saying how the next gen update still doesn't look as good as the 2013 trailers lol. What I'm really wondering about is how many are going to replay the game just because of the update. I absolutely love this game and have put 220 hours into it, but I can't even imagine spending even half that time in the game again.

42 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

It's still there.

4hkFC1K.jpg

Looks pretty great in motion.

Nice.

Also, yes, that's what I've seen people say about the effects of RTGI and RTAO. Comparing still images is kind of pointless unless you just want to see how the textures and draw distance have improved.

9 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Read some comments saying how the next gen update still doesn't look as good as the 2013 trailers lol. What I'm really wondering about is how many are going to replay the game just because of the update. I absolutely love this game and have put 220 hours into it, but I can't even imagine spending even half that time in the game again.

Yep, pretty much the same sentiment and with even more time spent in the original game + it's DLCs, I ain't going to replay the whole thing all over again. I haven't touched the game in ages now and my last build was capable of handling Death March. I'm just going to test run Geralt by slaying a few monsters, riding around on Roach and see how the game looks post the update.