The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

ScrewyAurum

Isn't 8xxx rebadged 7xxx?

Only certain OEM pieces.

Rest of the GPU's will be refreshed and based on tweaked GCN architecture, imaginatively dubbed GCN 2.0.

AMD HD9*** series will be GCN on a smaller fabrication node ~20nm.

@joecool what pic is that ??

bunch of pics released today.I think few are already posted.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-first-official-screenshots-released/

Hmm thats funny. I can see it just fine. :scratchchin:

never mind..It's visible now.

Comparison not fair imo... Skyim was released in 2011, it's quite old now can't compare it with W3 graphics.

W3 is a nextgen game using nextgen technology...Compare it with nextgen ES game when it's out in 2016 or 2017 :P

Edited by Zodak™

Graphics help make environment more richer and detailed..I know you guys love to bash Skyrim but it's a 2yr old game now...Compare when next ES game is out.....We will see which is better ..... :P

Red engine is one hell of a game engine....It destroys every other RPG game engines ....

Edited by Zodak™

Comparison not fair imo... Skyim was released in 2011, it's quite old now can't compare it with W3 graphics.

W3 is a nextgen game using nextgen technology...Compare it with nextgen ES game when it's out in 2016 or 2017 :P

Okay take Witcher 2 as a stand point against SKYRIM (stock).

Then also SKYRIM looks like cardboard props.

By the time the next Elder Scroll game is outed we will have CYBERPUNK 2077 in our hands.

It's not only about graphics.

Yes, more important than graphics. I am more interested in the characters populating the world of the Witcher; they have a good back-story and exposition to their existence. Go read the Journal, central characters have a page or two of content on them. Side characters and cameos get a paragraph.

Use your brain a little, in the Elder Scrolls the back story you get is bits and pieces of your own ex-adventure (in the previous title) put into tomes (10 -->11 pages, large typeface) and fed to you. No characters appear on a recurring basis in the world and most (if not all) are completely filler material, think on it.

Graphics are not what makes the world cardboard, the empty environment does.

No, random attacks and chance meetings with contentious characters does not solve my issues either. I am decked out in Glass armour and sword (LvL 60) and the dumb bandit(s) (LvL 10) still has to come to death?!?!

Edited by ALPHA17

^you havent even played all of mass effect,i think you should rather save your opinion till you do,i cant seriously find one thing that makes geralt sucha great character,shephard may not be the best thought out character but neither is geralt ,so making statements like that us just fanboism.

^you havent even played all of mass effect,i think you should rather save your opinion till you do,i cant seriously find one thing that makes geralt sucha great character,shephard may not be the best thought out character but neither is geralt ,so making statements like that us just fanboism.

Umm... tell me about Shepard's character.

From what I got through the first game, he is a prestigious bloke who followed in his parent's footsteps, a survivor on some planet infested with worms. Commander of the N7 Normandy, good guy, polite guy and the guy who shoots bad guys with a gun in the end.

Maybe you should find out why Geralt has so much character in him. Also I have a better mental picture of his world than Shepard's, why, because the world is dirty, there is corruption and visible racial tensions. Nothing like this in Mass Effect, no dirty cities (no seedy underbelly to the Citadel) and the only racial tension I found was the Geth against Quarian's, that to a war, there has been no reconciliation or cease-fire until your character steps in.

I have played my fair share of RPG's, from hating the genre to liking it and to me Mass Effect (only I) and Dragon Age II (plus DLC), apart from Oblivion are the worst till now.

Yes, I sound like a fanboy but aren't you sounding like a Mass Effect person by repeatedly asking me to play it.

Decisions are definitely handled better in The Witcher than Mass Effect. Less illusion of choice, more actual consequences. And I love how the universe isn't squeaky clean. Almost all characters are gray and there are no real 'good' or 'bad' decisions. It's always about choosing the lesser evil.

That said I do love Mass Effect and the universe they built. It's definitely not all original but it certainly is quite deep and clearly a lot of work went into writing/conceptualizing it. If it wasn't for 3's shitty ending ME would be near perfect

Edit : @alpha

Geralt seems so real to you cause Geralt's backgroundis integral totheplot of the game and as you learn more about his past, andmake more decisions,his character is shaped more.

Whereas the things that matter about shephards background are mostly put forward as secondary to the whole scheme of things.Also shephard has 2-3 base stories,you can choose any .So your shephard would be different to mine in probably almost everything.

Geralt on the other hand doeant come out as such a self sacrificing character and seems to be more fleshed out due to the same reasons ,he is as much concerned about his problems as he is for others and hence seems more "real" cause he is more like what people actually are,shephard on the other hand can be a "badass- hero-galaxy saviour" or "saintly hero galaxy saviour",either way he ll be a self less hero and can seem a bit too selfless to be real,for some people.

If you ask me both shouldnt even be compared they are exact opposite ,geralt has his problems and is almost always concentrating on them whereas shephard always comes out to be going for bigger picture.

Other than that geralt is also a novel character so obviously he ll have a more defined background ,shephard doesnt have that advantage.

Also i am not a mass effect person ,i play every damn game thats out there ,and just dont keep my world concentrated to a few,so you ll most likely never see me supporting any game over other blindly ,unless the latter is a disaster in everysense,technical as well as gameplay.

Edited by Razpor

I think the biggest difference is that ME has a morality system while The Witcher doesn't. It does have moral decisions but they're not in-your-face and colour coded for convenience.

Shepard is a traditional western hero/space cowboy, Geralt is definitely more complex.