The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

ScrewyAurum

CD Projekt: PC may not always be lead platform

The Witcher 3 developer CD Projekt RED is well known for its
commitment to the PC, but in a new interview, managing director Adam
Badowski suggested the team puts power ahead of platform allegiance.

20130308_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt.jpg

“PC was the lead platform for Witcher 2 because it was the most
powerful, but that might change in the future, Badowski said while
speaking with GamesIndustry.

“We know a lot about the next gen platforms that we can’t comment on
yet, but our strategy is that we’re always trying to maximise the
quality for the platform, to use its particular strengths and
advantages. Usually the weakest platform dictates the quality for all
platforms, but high-quality visuals are our trademark so we need to
approach each platform as individually as possible.”

Badowski said large scale technical design decisions – like whether
then engine uses DirectX 11 and 64-bit architecture – are made
globally, but the developer wants each platform to be treated
differently.

“PC allows for more at the moment, but new platforms are stepping up.
In the future, it should be much easier to unify the requirements. Some
things, like control schemes, will still need to be tailored to the
platforms but the new platforms will unify requirements,” he added.

CD Projekt RED is currently working on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and
Cyberpunk, both of which are expected on PC and next-gen consoles.

Via Destructoid.

Edited by cat

Don't get your hopes high, this does not translate into PC is going to be ported work.

The CD PROJEKT dev. teams current strength is the PC (experience wise) and this is just an overarching comment to allay any favouritism filled posts that one platform is taking precedence over the rest.

• Like 1

I can sense the fear in you, Alpha.

I am not scared, if the PC was the most powerful platform during The Witcher 2 developer cycle, it will be the most potent platform in the future.

Mark my words.

Usually the weakest platform dictates the quality for all platforms

This is exactly the reason why everyone (even including people who dont plan on buying one) should be concerned if the next Xbox is significantly less powerful than the PS3. It will drag down entire third party development baseline by itself.

I doubt the Nextbox will be significantly less powerful than the PS4. It is likely to have some quirks especially with MS' preference for eDRAM but on the balance of things, both consoles are likely to be on level with the PS4 taking the edge with first party exclusives.

I doubt next gen playstation exclusives would look significantly better like this gen.This gen would be more on level.

I did not get what you mean with that statement?

Next generation consoles get Dx 11 capable GPU's and multi-core processors, nothing should stop the developers from exploiting this power (save publisher vagaries). They have every chance to wow us on all levels of graphics.

I did not get what you mean with that statement?

Next generation consoles get Dx 11 capable GPU's and multi-core processors, nothing should stop the developers from exploiting this power (save publisher vagaries). They have every chance to wow us on all levels of graphics.

I meant comparatively.

Like this gen ps3 exclusives looked significantly better in cases than xbox 360 exclusives ,next gen it would be more on a level i guess,both consoles will have equally good looking exclusives due to the hardware architecture they chose ,i think.

I meant comparatively.

Like this gen ps3 exclusives looked significantly better in cases than xbox 360 exclusives ,next gen it would be more on a level i guess,both consoles will have equally good looking exclusives due to the hardware architecture they chose ,i think.

Depends on the hardware too.

As far as I am aware (from hearsay) both consoles use AMD APU + GPU components so the performance should be relatively similar in cross platform titles in the main AAA titles and console exclusive flagship it is the studio's vision that should decide the overall quality of the outcome.

^thats why i think it ll be closer this ,gen .

so the real decision maker for next gen console will be the exclusive games,for me atleast ps4 will win on that front,i may buy xbox 720 later on when its cheaper just for halo though :fear:

sorry if already posted

CD Projekt Red 'thinking about' multiplayer for Witcher 3

Polish developer says it is mulling series-first multiplayer component for upcoming next-gen role-playing game.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt could be the first entry in the series to include a multiplayer mode. CD Projekt Red managing director Adam Badowski told Eurogamer that the studio is "thinking about something."

"But I cannot explain it now," he added. "You can expect some information later on. Sorry for that!"

Asked if this could be similar to The Witcher 2's wave-based Dark Arena mode, Badowski said, "I don't think so."

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is due out by the end of 2014 for "high-end" platforms, including the PlayStation 4. No past Witcher title has ever been released for a Sony platform.

Asked about a Witcher 3: Wild Hunt release for Microsoft's rumored next-gen platform, Badowski said, "I cannot, er, I cannot…tell you." Microsoft isrumored to announce the Xbox 720 during a media event in April.

http://asia.gamespot.com/news/cd-projekt-red-thinking-about-multiplayer-for-witcher-3-6405159?tag=nl.e513&s_cid=e513&ttag=e513

Edited by harjas