WMWM

• 2 months later...

Finished the main game last night with 100% completion. I had pushed this title aside for a very long time now, thinking it wouldn't match the awesome-ness of Far Cry 3, but it turned out to be an entertaining ride.

I was immensely impressed with how rich the game was in terms of it's attention to world detail. Like it or hate it, but Ubisoft certainly knows how to create an amazing open world environment. Those Shangri-La missions were a work of art and wish there were more of it in the game. That along with Yogi & Reggie's side missions, it felt like a wild dopey trip. The main story line was quite weak to be honest, as it didn't feel grounded at all and all the choices pretty much proved to be useless in the end. Then again, I don't think story was ever a forte for this franchise, so I'll let that slide.

What bugged me the most was Pagan Min's involvement in the game. I mean he appears at the start and then all we hear is his voice and some brief appearance in the middle and don't even get me started on the ending.

Also, what was up with the constant swearing by the NPCs? I mean, I would literally just pass by someone and hear them yelling out "chu*tiya" for no apparent reason. The enemy NPCs feel like they are programmed to hurl out "Madarc**d" and "Behenc**d" within a few seconds of spotting me. I admit, I constantly swear endlessly too, but this was too funny specially because they were all in Hindi and that too in a AAA video game. :P

So to summarize, I loved the game and most of what it had to offer. Will try out Far Cry Primal at some point in the future.

usGvFl0.jpg

brOC6dz.jpg

For anyone who has played Durgesh Prison and The Valley of Yeti DLC, are they worth trying out?

Valley of Yeti my impression :-

Tried it and its amazing.

-Yeti is tough to kill but when you get more weapons and such it can easily be killed
-You have one base which you will have to protect at night, it get attacked every night by the cult people.
-Snow location is beautiful
-You get skills quickly as DLC reset your main SP progress (health etc).
- Main Missions are good there are side quest just like in Prison DLC eg - Do the mission and get launcher etc at you main base to protect base it at night.
- You can buy plant mines near your base to protect it at night.
- Completed in 4Hrs Main SP along with few side quest.
-Lack of NPC and other characters

Overall very decent DLC will post screenshots tonight.

Thanks joken!

Quick question, in the Escape from Durgesh Prison, we are bound by time right? Does any such restriction come up in Yeti DLC or we're free to explore?

Thanks joken!

Quick question, in the Escape from Durgesh Prison, we are bound by time right? Does any such restriction come up in Yeti DLC or we're free to explore?

Yup in Durgesh Prision your are bound by time but whenever you die the skill point you have acquired stays with you, it does not reset so eventually after 2 tries when you have almost all the skills you can complete the DLC easily.

No time restriction in Valley of Yeti DLC.

Valley of the Yetis Screenshots :-

cCwKwI8.jpg

5ryGdqe.jpg

JrLMCUe.jpg

AziWaRC.jpg

mwOGMlA.jpg

kljNrI1.jpg

VX8KCE5.jpg

6kMTBh4.jpg

Yup in Durgesh Prision your are bound by time but whenever you die the skill point you have acquired stays with you, it does not reset so eventually after 2 tries when you have almost all the skills you can complete the DLC easily.

Do we have enough time to liberate the outposts listed on the map? What happens if the time runs out?

Done with all the DLCs and especially enjoyed the Valley of Yetis DLC. Great atmosphere and a sense of tension was present in this DLC. The breezed through all the night base defense rounds with ease and my Buzzsaw pretty much obliterated everyone. Heck, I shouldn't have even upgraded any of my base defenses and could have just shot all of them straight to hell.

This weapons was so overpowered that it just took a couple of hits to take down the Yeti. The end was completely wacky. Nevertheless, thoroughly enjoyed the whole journey of this game. Will pick up Primal on the next Steam sale.

QFtFkZL.jpg

Might sound like noob questions - Is this an FPS game like BF4/COD or Open World like Witchers/AC ?

- Can I start directly from FC4 or it has relevance from previous editions ?

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using Tapatalk

Might sound like noob questions - Is this an FPS game like BF4/COD or Open World like Witchers/AC ?

- Can I start directly from FC4 or it has relevance from previous editions ?

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using Tapatalk

It's an open world FPS and no, you don't need to play any previous games to start this one. It has a stand alone story, so you should be good.

If you decide to pick it up and enjoy it (which I bet you would), I'd suggest getting Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon too. Both games are amazing.

• 8 months later...

Archived