playstation

Devs held back the PS+ version of Driveclub.

Hi Everyone,

With DRIVECLUB, we are dedicated to delivering a dynamic and socially connected racing game that everyone can enjoy, and along the way we're facing new challenges which we haven’t encountered as a development team before. We are seeing a lot of activity and new social behaviours right now, but unfortunately this is pushing the servers to their absolute limits.

We are sorry if you are having a hard time getting online as we know many of you are. Please be aware that the game will automatically keep trying to connect you. Once you're online, you should have no further problems during your session.

Everyone at the studio is now working hard to get new updates ready for the game servers to improve connectivity. We will be rolling out these updates day by day and will keep you informed.

In order to help all DRIVECLUB players who have the game already, we're temporarily holding back the PS Plus Edition and the My DRIVECLUB app to ease the load and traffic to the servers. This should give players a better chance of connecting to the game servers and, once the servers are operating well, we’ll be sure to let you know when the PS Plus Edition and My DRIVECLUB app will be available to download.

To our PS Plus fans, we're sorry you're having to wait longer to play, but we want to ensure that when you come on board, you get the best experience possible. Rest assured, if you've pre-ordered the full game upgrade from the PS Plus Edition, you will still get the full version of DRIVECLUB digitally, and if you can't get online you'll be able to get started offline like everybody else with single player mode as you start your DRIVECLUB tour. You’ll still be able to earn fame, unlock cars and get to grips with all of the options for playing and creating your own events and challenges - and everything you do will be synchronised with the servers when you do get connected, so you can set-up a bunch of challenges to send out to your friends as soon as you are able to join each other online.

We fully appreciate how frustrating this is for everyone. We want you to get online with your club because racing, challenging and having fun together is what the game is all about. We know that racing with your friends online is what you’ve been waiting for and we are doing everything we can to deliver that experience to you as soon as possible.

Sorry again for the difficult start. We’ll keep you regularly updated on our progress as we work round the clock to improve connectivity. We want everyone to know what's happening so please tag your DRIVECLUB friends or SHARE this message to let them know.

- Rushy

I'm all for giving Devs a break but in a game like Driveclub which is "dynamic and socially connected" how does it look if you have server issues right off the bat? Someone spank Sony and Evolution.

Can't find a copy anywhere :wallbash:

Same here. What makes it worse is that the ps plus edition got delayed. Bc jab tak disc edition aata yaha tabh tak thoda usse hi khel lete.

I was gonna start it after a week or so anyway as I'll be playing both of the infamous games first. So 1 week wait is ok :P

Digital Foundry vs DriveClub

As expected, the experience is delivered in native 1080p with some impressive image quality gains courtesy of a complex anti-aliasing system that covers several bases. Evolution Studios uses a variety of anti-aliasing passes, including a post-process FXAA, temporal and pixel-based passes, along with further algorithms that work directly on materials themselves. Most edges appear clean and smooth giving the title a distinctly super-sampled appearance across many objects, although this level of quality doesn't quite extend across the entire scene.

As impressive as this sounds, unfortunately there are still some noticeable jaggies around the bodywork of the cars, on fences and some of the walls surrounding the track, where the post-process anti-aliasing algorithm appears to miss quite a few edges at certain angles. However, beyond these artefacts the results are generally excellent and a cut above most PS4 and Xbox One releases.

DriveClub avoids the open-world spectacle of Forza Horizon 2 in favour of a more traditional set-up where courses are selected via menus and online interaction is directed to specific areas. The emphasis here is firmly on re-creating the feeling of working within a collaborative racing team, mastering new courses and cars, sending and participating in challenges online, while unlocking content as you go. This more conventional approach hasn't limited Evolution Studios' flair for visual exposition, instead allowing for the developer to deliver a level of graphical complexity above that of most other new-generation console racing games - only Forza Horizon 2 provides ample competition.

While foliage and shadow pop-in are still visible, transitions between detail levels now appear much smoother than in previous builds and LOD streaming isn't too pronounced. The disappointing factors here come in the form of a low level of anisotropic filtering, which results in ground textures appearing blurry from a few metres away, and a massive reduction in environment detail visible in the rear view mirror when driving via the cockpit view - spectators, trees and geometry details are all ruthlessly culled, although these have no impact on the mirror's practical use.

At the heart of Evolution Studios' push for graphical authenticity is the use of physically correct materials across all surfaces in the game, which react differently according to various lighting conditions or effects. This means that rocks display a different type of sheen to tarmac, plants, or plastics in wet conditions, while the textured surfaces of carbon fibre and rubber appear to diffuse light more strongly than smooth surfaces.

DriveClub - the Digital Foundry verdict

There was a lot pressure on Evolution Studios to deliver a state-of-the-art flagship title that defined the PS4's next-generation credentials - a racing game that blurs the line between arcade and simulation while boasting the latest graphical features only possible on higher-end hardware. Despite some teething problems earlier in development, this is a feat that DriveClub manages to accomplish. Indeed, the game has benefitted from a remarkable makeover: from scrappy contender to visually polished technological showcase for PlayStation 4 hardware. The attention to detail and complex effects work is undeniably superb, while the handling model delivers an experience to suit both casual players and the more hardcore driving fans looking for something different from the likes of Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport.

For all its rendering accomplishments, DriveClub is actually best viewed more as an evolution of an old-school arcade racing game, as opposed to a state-of-the-art simulation. In gameplay terms, the lack of open world exploration and use of fixed tracks may seem a little behind the times, but the use of carefully designed point-to-point routes and traditional tracks suit the social aspect of the game, which revolves around challenging other players while winning events to increase status for yourself and your club.

more here

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-driveclub

use of fixed tracks may seem a little behind the times

Still baffles my mind that people want to leave the racing track while racing. Maybe I'm watching too much F1 and MotoGP instead of demolition derby. Maybe next GT should remove crash barriers around Nurburgring so you can completely bypass the two carousels, drive through the grass field and beat the real world 599XX record in a Beetle.

Still baffles my mind that people want to leave the racing track while racing. Maybe I'm watching too much F1 and MotoGP instead of demolition derby. Maybe next GT should remove crash barriers around Nurburgring so you can completely bypass the two carousels, drive through the grass field and beat the real world 599XX record in a Beetle.

:lol:

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I can never understand the need for a damn shortcut thru the underbrush in a damn race. Sure its a game but where's the f**king challenge in that.

Have played a bit, but its looking great so far. Its a must buy on the PS4. Totally enjoying the hot hatches' races, The sense of speed is stupendous although the AI isn't but not much to complain. Its a steal at around INR 2300, loving it so far and it only gets better is what I've heard. Add me on PSN (driftin707) and join my club- NISH