playstation

So 'linear racer' or 'corridor racer' is a new thing? Because I haven't heard that term before in 20 years of gaming (mostly racing games). So people just want to cut through corners and go from point A to B as the crow flies in a racing game?

linear is not a new term. It in context of DC meant refers to the Single Player Story mission stuff where you follow a linear line of progression and unlock content as you finish lower level achievements. "linear" is not just only in racing games, but any game that has a progression.

The more i have seen about DC, it's a game that focuses on racing - point to point. It's not a bad thing if you like that kind of racing. It's an art - NFS, GT6 all have been doing that for a very long time and they have been doing it well. If you (or anyone) like that kind of thrill - point to point precision racing, chase milestones, stars and what not this is the game to go for.

Completely agree with that video. I have never had an issue with bumping AI. In fact, I use the fact that AI tends to avoid you and stay ahead by blocking their path. Game is thoroughly enjoyable.

The Gamespot video review has a lot of clips of the AI bumping the reviewer from behind for no reason. Is it a difficulty thing?

Yes Tamil Nadu is there along with several Indian locations.

The Gamespot video review has a lot of clips of the AI bumping the reviewer from behind for no reason. Is it a difficulty thing?

No idea, I am level 9 now, not faced such issue so far. They always avoid me.

OT:

WTF...that's Tamil...I never knew we had India in the game. :O

:rofl:

Yeah there's bunch of tracks from India including Munnar, TN and so on. The PS+ edition is basically Driveclub India edition.

linear is not a new term. It in context of DC meant refers to the Single Player Story mission stuff where you follow a linear line of progression and unlock content as you finish lower level achievements. "linear" is not just only in racing games, but any game that has a progression.

The more i have seen about DC, it's a game that focuses on racing - point to point. It's not a bad thing if you like that kind of racing. It's an art - NFS, GT6 all have been doing that for a very long time and they have been doing it well. If you (or anyone) like that kind of thrill - point to point precision racing, chase milestones, stars and what not this is the game to go for.

No whenever the term is used its actually used in context of gameplay, not progression. The progress is not linear, once the country is unlocked you can select any event in any order. Heck from what I've played in both Forza games, it basically holds you by the ear and takes you through the first few events, with a narrator to boot.

How to increase the quality of the stream..?

You cant. Its limited to Sam's upload speed which I am guessing is kinda low which is why you are seeing the pixelation (512 KBPS?). Not many ISPs in India offer good upload speed.

Its not really gonna make much a difference TBH. Unless you are a twitch partner, Streaming pretty much maxes out your bandwidth or your resolution. In this case its the bandwidth. Lowering settings at his end doesnt make much of a difference since the bandwidth cap is gonna be hit even at low resolution.

Also unfortunately, racing games are harder on lower bandwidth since the scenery changes so fast. If he was playing a slow paced game like a third person shooter or something like the Walking dead it would look much better.

Anyway, not really into racing games but thought it was cool to see the IVG streaming pop up while I was watching my usual speed runs. Thought I would pop into the thread to see who is streaming. Also, use a mic Sam. :P

That's not an accurate way to judge AI. Swerving around a static object and reacting to a moving opponent are very different.

I love the AI in this game, but they do bump into you a lot, even from behind when you're in a straight line just because it wants the racing line.

So basically it behaves like us :P

Driveclub off to a great start in UK top 10.

01 (01) 360 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
02 (02) PS4 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
03 (NE) PS4 DRIVECLUB (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
04 (03) PS3 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
05 (NE) PS4 ALIEN: ISOLATION (SEGA)
06 (04) PS4 MIDDLE EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
07 (05) XBO FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
08 (06) XBO FORZA HORIZON 2 (MICROSOFT)
09 (NE) XBO ALIEN: ISOLATION (SEGA)
10 (08) XBO MIDDLE EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)

debuts above new release like aliens and skylanders.