The Witness

NitroNeo

lol AAA game na loon mein 40 bucks mein, yeh kya cheej hai :rofl:

Btw I'm really surprised WItness is coming to Xbone since Blow hates MS with a passion. Now Transistor and Salt & Sanctuary need to release on xbone too.

Haa bahut uchal raha tha Blow. Par ab line par aagaya lagta hai. Lol

• 11 months later...

Content fatigue. Kind of overwhelming amount of puzzles and doesn't leave breathing room. The game also lacks music and the puzzles get repetitive which makes the experience tedious.

I like the challenge it offers but they kind of went overboard with the quantity. Every step I take forward, I end up seeing so many puzzles and I don't want to skip.

Breaking my head. G87C1op.png

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Content fatigue. Kind of overwhelming amount of puzzles and doesn't leave breathing room. The game also lacks music and the puzzles get repetitive which makes the experience tedious.

I like the challenge it offers but they kind of went overboard with the quantity. Every step I take forward, I end up seeing so many puzzles and I don't want to skip.

Breaking my head. G87C1op.png

It's a puzzle game. 100% of the gameplay is puzzle solving. If you're looking for other things to do in between solving puzzles then this game probably is not for you.

And I think you're only referring to the panel puzzles that you see in the world. Wait till you realize there are non-obvious environmental puzzles. You're not supposed to be able to solve all of the panel puzzles from the get go. Explore the island. In many cases you'll find tutorials for puzzles that you can't solve in completely different locations.

I was obsessed with this game when it came out. Spent a couple of weeks drawing on graph paper, tearing and rearranging pieces of paper, taking photos of the TV with my phone, manipulating them. It is a hard game and you need some patience to get through and it feels very rewarding when you do. But the reward is just more puzzles so there's that.

Some puzzles are a literally mind blowing. zPJwVk6.png After 10+ hours, which I did not plan to spend on this today, my head is just confused now. The Tetris puzzles is where I started losing it. 

Things got way too complex as I progressed. Without a map, I was just lost and had to look up and start writing things down. Really liked those filter puzzles, very clever.

Worth it. 

Seriously??? All this for such a pretentious ending? Come on. t7vGRO8.png I get that it is a puzzle focused game but it deserves a better ending. 

Overall, a fantastic mind game but good lord the ending Mountain level was too much. A way too much. I got stuck for almost 6 hours just to clear the starting (with colours and moving puzzles...jeez) and then finally that one random door with a bullshite timer. Couldn't even write/map it down as it resets within few seconds. It was super frustrating. ixX57JT.png Almost threw up.  

l1gBhxk.jpg

kv9cXSz.jpg

Finished it with 403 puzzles solved. Around ~60 hours with half of them just writing and trying to figure things. 

A very challenge game with some gorgeous visuals and a lot of thinking. The game does get a little repetitive but with the variety of puzzles, you won't notice much. Some puzzles are complete bullshite (like listening to bird noise or using the environment to solve) while some were a joy to solve (Tetris, filters and stars were fun). 

The world was well designed and had a ton of content. Worth $40? Yeah, why not? It's pure puzzles and the game does a good job providing that. 

pnFWjkW.jpg

Sjvp9nG.jpg

Highly recommended for people looking for challenging puzzles and highly not recommended for casual puzzle solving.

Great game minus the ending. 

Glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, the story is kinda pretentious, but the puzzles make it worth your time.

Hope you discovered the 'hidden in plain sight' puzzles. The black obelisks indicate how many of those are in each area. Most of them are really fun to do.

I usually feel nauseous but this didn't make me. Took few minutes to get comfortable. Walking did kind of feel bit off but when running it was a quite smooth experience. 

1.02 update adds options to help with motion sickness issues. 

Archived