dylanjosh

DARKWOOD

Steam Greenlight

DARKWOOD is a top-down, oldschool survival horror set in a procedurally generated, open world. It features RPG and roguelike elements, with intense combat and a eerie atmosphere. It's developed by 3 people, who like to call themselves Acid Wizard, and is currently in pre-alpha stage.

KEY FEATURES:

HARDCORE GAMEPLAY
No hand holding, tooltips or linear paths. Think, learn and adapt - if you will behave recklessly or do not prepare for the night, you will not survive.

PERMADEATH
Darkwood is a dangerous place and death lurks around every corner. If you die, your savegames get deleted and you have to start over. But not all of your progress is lost, as some things carry on to your next incarnation..

SATISFYING EXPLORATION
A breathing, procedurally generated world for you to explore. Each visit to Darkwood is unique, as all locations and events are randomized.

PERKS AND ABILITIES
Improve your character with skills that will give you advantage over your enemies.

CRAFTING
A flexible crafting system which lets you experiment with loot to: create items, build barricades or traps, and improve your gear with addons.

TWISTED ATMOSPHERE
You will start to question your sanity, as the line between reality and nightmarish fantasies will begin to blur.

YouTube is behaving rather weird these days, still what I saw, I liked, just the audio brings back memories of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. They should add camp fires, vodkas and hobo's playing guitar instead of houses. Ambience complete.

Voted in the GreenLight. :notangel:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Played this game for about an hour or so and it is scary as f**k! The atmosphere and sound design are absolutely phenomenal!

I was actually cowering in a corner of my hideout during the night segment without even moving an inch. And I even got goosebumps. It is that f**king scary.

I will never be scared in a top down or even side scrolling game. They are simply not immersive enough.

I probably would have said the same before playing this game.

But still, to each his own.

I probably would have said the same before playing this game.

But still, to each his own.

Have you played any S.T.A.L.K.E.R. titles?

How does this compare to them?

Sent from miG

Never got around to playing any Stalker titles. It's one of my gaming shames :(

Though I haven't played much of this game yet, I would totally recommend it if you are a sucker for good atmosphere. The brooding atmosphere in this is something that needs to be experienced with the volume cranked all the way up.

And if you didn't know already, it is a survival game akin to something like Don't Starve. But it seems to have some sort of a quest structure involving some delightfully creepy characters.

I really need to play more of this to give any impressions though. Divinity is currently eating up all my free time.

Also, I wouldn't call this game entirely "rogue-like" as has been advertised because you get the option to turn perma-death off :P. Though the option is nice to have to get a hang of things, it kind of kills the tension a bit.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Darkwood Full Game Torrent (Mods pls don't remove official developer giveaway)

Source

Release Date - 17 Jul 2017 | ₹479 on Steam | 299 rubles on GOG

Pls support the developer game is perfectly priced and he even give a free official copy for everyone wait for $1 humble bundle and buy this game

Archived