PS3 Problem - First Party Sony Titles

AtheK

Hi All,

So i have this weird issue with my PS3, it refuses to recognise first party Sony Titles in the first attempt. I have to try at least 4-5 times and sometimes much more. PS3 tries to read the disc, then makes a sound like it is ejecting the disc, then keep trying to read it. Disc becomes really hot. This issue is with Discs i buy in India, if i get the same disc from US or Japan or other region it works fine.

I am currently having this problem with GOW:A disc, both Standard and limited edition to an extent that i am planning to sell them.

Discs tried:

1. Killzone 2, Killzone 3

2. Uncharted 3

3. GOd of War 3, God Of War: Ascension.

4. GT5

And few more, it also happens with few blu rays i have got from India.

I had to import UC3, GOW3, KZ3 and i think will have to do the same with Ascension now.

Now Lens could be an issue, but my question is how come the International Variants work fine, is it that the quality of these particular BR disc is bad. Never had any issues with third party titles.

Dullu was home other day, GOW:A refused to get detected, and Darksiders 2 got detected in first shot.

Anyone had similar issues??

Probably related to the BD drive itself. It may not be related to first party or locally bought discs, maybe a random occurrence.

IMO, in the case of first party titles and blus, the disc contains a lot of data (as opposed to third party titles which are also supplied on single DVDs on Xbox). Maybe related, probably not...

Try some DVDs.

DVD's, what is that don't have them :P

But even if they play it does not solve my problem, Could be lens probably, just that now i am trying from almost 30 mins for it to detect my GOW game. Also my question is how come all imported first party titles work properly.

Are they taking OOW and OOR console now for repair in service centre.

^i think zodak got his OOR console replaced.

he mentioned it in a thread.

Sorry, if it's old .....

You can get your OUT OF REGION PS3 also replaced from Sony now..They will charge around 8,000Rs and give you a new one......

My ps3 is OOR with no bill or warranty card...They agreed to replace it....All i have to do is pay them 8,000Rs and i will get a new one after 15 days :|

Its not a problem of the game , its a random occurrence, it happens when the clips that mount the disc in place wear out . It happens to me too sometimes and mine is a fat US PS3 too . The easy solution is keeping your PS3 upright instead of flat and then inserting the disc , that always works but yes , its annoying sometimes.

Ok did some reading, some one has a valid point. Seems it is not reading or having trouble playing dual layer disc games. I tried 10 games played all of them, refused to play MSG 4 cos it is more then 25 gb, guess will never play gow ascension mp.

Ok did some reading, some one has a valid point. Seems it is not reading or having trouble playing dual layer disc games. I tried 10 games played all of them, refused to play MSG 4 cos it is more then 25 gb, guess will never play gow ascension mp.

bc, maine kaha tha zyada data wali discs nahin read karega.

Must be damn bothersome for you, man. My unit had stopped reading discs of any sort just three months after purchase. Next console either importing or else buying from someplace with extended warranty, something is better than nothing post 1-year warranty period.

Just go to service center and say you bought it locally. That you lost bill/warranty card. Else, there might be other methods... you'll know better.

Archived