dylanjosh

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

^^ :wallbash: I didn't realize that the game isn't out yet.

Yes, I watched the video and was surprised by how good the reviewer said it was. I've been following the game videos for a while now but always thought that it'll be quite buggy and probably won't have enough depth since it's developed by one single person and he probably won't have enough time.

Good to hear that it's good though. :good: I'll wait for a few months before buying it, so that I can finish my PS+ games first :)

Very detailed and has lots of things to do. You start the game with a group of people that have been exiled from elsewhere and your task is to build a medieval-style community from scratch. No unlocking business, nothing. Everything is available to build as long as you have the available resources. Quite fun to collect resources and build your town and survive. It might sound simple but gets complex as you progress.

Also, game is very well polished, runs smooth (bug free) has neat UI (could have been better. Looks small on high resolution) and has serene sound.

Recommended. All city builder fans should get this.

Very detailed and has lots of things to do. You start the game with a group of people that have been exiled from elsewhere and your task is to build a medieval-style community from scratch. No unlocking business, nothing. Everything is available to build as long as you have the available resources. Quite fun to collect resources and build your town and survive. It might sound simple but gets complex as you progress.

Also, game is very well polished, runs smooth (bug free) has neat UI (could have been better. Looks small on high resolution) and has serene sound.

Recommended. All city builder fans should get this.

How's the long game (like does it get easy after a while)? The RPS impressions (and/or TotalBiscuit) guy wrote that the game is brutally hard and it's really hard to sustain the population after a while.

It's all about balancing population growth (high population = hard to survive) with meeting demand, and having enough surplus to support future growth. If you run out of one major resource (food or wood), it can cause chain of reaction that will wipe half of your population. Very tricky.

I started with medium and decided to go at slow pace. First get enough amount of resources before building.

Edit: Hard to believe that this was made by single guy. Kudos to him.

Yeah it's pretty good considering it was developed by one guy. Definitely a must play if you love city building games. The population mechanics add quite a bit of depth too, you always needs to make sure you have enough families and kids being born (it also leads to hilarious stuff like 14 year olds settling down and having kids). One minor nitpick though, the first few hours of any village are the most challenging. Once you have the food supply sorted out it's really easy from there on (unless a natural disaster or fire breaks out). It takes multiple trial and error cities to figure out the optimal setup for food and the playable tutorials are pretty basic.

Archived