The Supernatural Thread

DishuBOSS

This also brings me to another question that I have. What is science and what is supernatural in it's terms? Somethings which are supernatural are accepted as facts on their face value and termed as science?

Two molecules join together to make something else. Now, this is accepted as a fact and termed as science. Can't this be supernatural? Why/how did those two molecules join together in the first place. What forced them to be?

So, if the very fundamentals of our Science are based on things which are actually unexplained, aren't we living a lie? A propaganda mechanism to keep us all in line?

Bahut ho gaya for today. I'll take some rest now :P

For me, supernatural doesn't mean ghosts. It means "unexplained". Something we cannot explain by the means that we have currently. And that is why I'm fascinated by them. If we stopped being fascinated by these, I don't think we will actually even make any scientific advancements. Lot of folks would be convert their theories to facts only because they were so fascinated by the unexplained that they wanted to get to the real reason.

Truer words have never been spoken. Our ability to understand and perceive things and situations are only limited by our present knowledge.

Curiosity, acknowledgement of new different ideas and a zeal to test them is what leads to invention and discoveries.

Do not agree. The ratio/odds/chances of a thing/phenomenon can only be determined when you know the space fully. When we don't even know how big universe is, and when we haven't been able to go out of the solar system yet, then how can we say that these conditions are not occurring at millions of spaces, just outside the reach of hubble telescope?

Also, how do we know that what we are seeing through these hubbles are actually a true picture of the universe when we can't even determine whether what our eyes saw 5 meters from us right here on earth was correct or not.

Well it is one of the hypothesis put forward by science folks, not necessarily true but can not be discounted totally. I mean as far as what we know.

Also speaking of Hubble, one more thing to factor is, is time. Some of the images that it shows are so so far off that the mere act of processing those images could take years, ie what we are seeing now could very well be photo on an event that had occurred years back in that particular part of universe and we are able to see it just now because of the time light has taken to go and return to form a photo.

My first Paranormal experience comes from when I was 4 years old. And I have a few other stories to tell but first this one..

Island of Dolls - Location: Mexico

untitled.jpg

island-of-the-dolls.jpg

island-of-the-dolls-1.jpg

island-of-the-dolls-5.jpg

Courtesy:

Story- Isla de las Muñecas is a tiny island located in the canals of Xochimilco. The popular story of the island says that a young girl drowned off its coast roughly 50 years ago. The island's sole permanent inhabitant was hermit Don Julián Santana Barrera, who, shortly after the girl's death began finding dolls in the canal. He feared that these were a sign from an evil spirit, but believed that hanging the dolls on trees would direct him from evil spirits and the girl's ghost. Soon he began actively searching for dolls in the canals and the trash near the island and trading for dolls. He hanged them on trees and wires stretched between trees and kept some of the dolls in his own cabin.

Over time, even the dolls that weren't already battered and broken were distressed by time and exposure. Eventually, tourists got wind of the creepy island, and began paying a Barrera a small fee to take photos of the island. But for all of Barrera's superstition, he drowned in 2001, much like the little girl whose ghost he hoped to keep at bay.

http://io9.com/5984912/take-a-tour-through-mexicos-island-of-creepy-mutilated-dolls

http://weburbanist.com/2010/10/06/mexicos-creepiest-tourist-destination-island-of-the-dolls/

http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/beaten-track/news-haunted-island-where-dolls-come-life

A few famous TV shows related to paranormal for entertainment purpose:

Ghost Adventures

Ghost Hunters

Ghost Hunters International

Destination Truth

Fact or Faked

A Haunting

My Ghost Story

One request - please post scary picture in spoiler tags. Reading through the thread late at night is bad enough. Suddenly scrolling down to a scary pic is recipe for heart attack.

• Like 1

I have similar thought, but one step further. Not only is it not mandatory for aliens to have a life form based on our earth based elements, carbon may just not exist there. The dominant life form could very well be a cloud of gas. We might even not recognise them even if it were right in front of us. We are doing it wrong by assuming a humanoid figure.

Another thing that I can think of is that there are aliens but they are just so advanced and superior in terms of tech and society that they would not have any reason to visit or contact us. Think about it, if aliens are capable of visiting earth then they are capable of travelling atlest across solar systems (if not galaxies) while we haven't been able to send men to all planets we know of. What could we possibly offer to them for them to take interest in earth ??

To quote dr. Manhattan "this world's smartest man is no more a threat to me than its smartest termite".

And one last argument for now is that aliens might not exist at all. At lest not in a form comparable to intelligent industrious forms like us humans. Have read an argument wherein dr. white coats suggest that occurance of human life on earth is a result of culmination of geological and astronomical events so random yet so microscopically precise that chances of them panning elsewhere are highly unlikely:

-Coordinates of earth in the solar system.

-properties of our central star, the sun.

-size of our orbit around sun, is what prevents us from burning or freezing to death. Size of our orbit, not a given distance from sun.

-size, number and distance of our moon that keeps earth on a stable axis and prevent rapid catastrophic climate changes.

-the sequence of geological ages that gave the proper conditions for an intelligent life form.

-Jupiter. Helping us survive like a solid enforcer, blocking derbies.

All in all the conditions required for not only existence but also sustainence of a comparable life form look rather one in a bajillion.

That's a very "human" theory. Completely from our own point of view and assuming that alien life forms will be similar to us. But seriously the probability of life existing (intelligent or not) elsewhere is just too high.

Hell, we don't even know much about our own planet. We still don't know what lies in the deepest parts of the world's oceans. For all we know Cthulhu could very well be slumbering in Ry'leh down there.

I have seen these shows off and on but I am kinda put off by them trying to measure things. I mean we can't really measure everything can we ? Can you measure coldness, darkness. No. The absence of heat is cold. Absence of light is dark. There are a number of things we cant be sire of still we disregard them. That to me is arrogance.

Also continuing what Shantz posted on Aliens. We are not even sure of what exists on Earth. How can we be sure of what exists outside.

To Nemo, if Aliens are really powerful then why would they come here. Well the same reason we clear trees for. For more space. More resources. We in all sanity are much advanced than the monkeys. Still we go to their home. The jungles. Because we want theit place. We try to teach monkeys to communicate to act intelligently. We experiment on them. Why not the same with aliens.

sent using Tapatalk

Ah! thanks for clearing that up, I actually have a friend who says that she is an Atheist and she believes in a force not understood by humans, a higher force :fear:

Hence I thought that some Atheists believe that :|

Then ur friend doesnt know that she is not an atheist but an agnostic :)