The Supernatural Thread

DishuBOSS

Honestly, most of the times there is always a logical explanation to all of these 'supernatural/paranormal' activities/sounds etc.

Also, sadly in rural India mental illness is often confused with being possessed. My maid's son had schizophrenia - he used to have hallucinations about dark figures who wanted to kill him and are after him when he is alone. The maid went to all kinds of 'sadhus' to get him treated with obviously zero results. We forced her to see a doctor and he was on meds and got much better.  Unfortunately, he drowned one day in a lake when they went back to their village, I am guessing they stopped his meds and it got bad again. 

Really liked this one. Good fun to sit back in the dark with headphones. In my case I was driving back home alone sometime around 2am and just decided rewatch this. Chills.

Edited by Walker

Coming back to the topic of lemon and chillies, sometimes, you might spot people hanging them in front of cars, shops, establishments etc. 

My query is, if you accidentally touch it with your head, legs etc (while it's hanging) does it have a similar effect as when you step on it, and crush it? 

Edited by radicaldude

45 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Coming back to the topic of lemon and chillies, sometimes, you might spot people hanging them in front of cars, shops, establishments etc. 

My query is, if you accidentally touch it with your head, legs etc (while it's hanging) does it have a similar effect as when you step on it, and crush it? 

While stupid, the two are different. 

The hanging one is to ward off evil, while the one placed on the floor is to either curse or transfer something bad to the person stepping on it. 

Yeah the nimbu as ghost catcher/detector seems questionable but i guess the modus operandi is that it is hung outside and once it's believed to have caught the evil spirit then it is thrown on the road for some inadvertent passerby to step on it....after stepping on it, the spirit/negativity gets transferred to the next poor guy. Touching ka mention nahin hai :giggle:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

While stupid, the two are different. 

The hanging one is to ward off evil, while the one placed on the floor is to either curse or transfer something bad to the person stepping on it. 

Interesting. So the ones, they hang, are not harmful, if your head touches them accidentally? (while moving around in some marketplace). 

43 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

Yeah the nimbu as ghost catcher/detector seems questionable but i guess the modus operandi is that it is hung outside and once it's believed to have caught the evil spirit then it is thrown on the road for some inadvertent passerby to step on it....after stepping on it, the spirit/negativity gets transferred to the next poor guy. Touching ka mention nahin hai :giggle:

It's very easy to bump your head on that thing, specially in busy marketplaces, when you are oblivious/not paying enough attention, and  shopkeepers hang that thing right at the gate :(

44 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Interesting. So the ones, they hang, are not harmful, if your head touches them accidentally? (while moving around in some marketplace). 

Looking at the price of nimbu, I would instead just take them for making nimbu paani. :lol:

• Haha 3

On 4/4/2022 at 10:44 AM, SRINI87 said:

My cousin experiences lot of paranormal activities.

Once he woke up at around 2.00AM to poop. 2-3 minutes later he heard a dog barking at distant ( 100 ft away or so).

But Few moments later the sound not only got nearer but also the tone has changed .

After few seconds barking got near as just as 15-20 ft away but now the sound got even weirder

it sounded like hybrid of dog barking and Man shouting.

Then it went silent for 1 minute of so.

Then suddenly he heard sound again but this time it was just outside bathroom window.

Sound he described was devilish as f**k,  not even trace of dog's sound left and it was so loud that his bathroom door and windows started vibrating violently.

But sounds stopped after few second.

Must be needed for

Good bowl movement :lol:

5 hours ago, radicaldude said:

It's very easy to bump your head on that thing, specially in busy marketplaces, when you are oblivious/not paying enough attention, and  shopkeepers hang that thing right at the gate :(

The question here is if one bumps one's head on said nimbu-mirchi would it be taken as the nimbu-mirchi has done its job and then be thrown in the street for the bad influence to be transferred to someone else? 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

People can't even do superstitions right, man. 

My mom at least used to dispose off the nimbu mirchi at a place where people won't accidentally step on it. 

The intent is to trap the negative energy in it and dispose it off not to transfer it to someone else. 

You clearly haven't seen Ekta Kapoor serials. 

On 4/9/2022 at 4:19 AM, Walker said:

Really liked this one. Good fun to sit back in the dark with headphones. In my case I was driving back home alone sometime around 2am and just decided rewatch this. Chills.

Just curious, what happened to all the paranormal stuff happening in your house?

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Just curious, what happened to all the paranormal stuff happening in your house?

Nothing. I moved. Though I know the family that moved in there had some real sh*t luck. But that's years ago and I haven't a clue what happened next.

23 hours ago, radicaldude said:

The nimbu mirchi one with a piece of coal attached at the bottom is used to avoid "nazar" or evil eye. A new one is hanged on cars/shops etc every Saturday and old one thrown away. That is mostly harmless stuff even if you touch. 

The other ones are kept in the middle of street mostly near a 3 or 5 street intersection or railway tracks. It usually has an uncut lemon, white pumpkin, flowers and lots of red kumkum on it. That is usually done to transfer some curse or spirit. Avoid like plague. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

The nimbu mirchi one with a piece of coal attached at the bottom is used to avoid "nazar" or evil eye. A new one is hanged on cars/shops etc every Saturday and old one thrown away. That is mostly harmless stuff even if you touch. 

The other ones are kept in the middle of street mostly near a 3 or 5 street intersection or railway tracks. It usually has an uncut lemon, white pumpkin, flowers and lots of red kumkum on it. That is usually done to transfer some curse or spirit. Avoid like plague. 

So the everyday nimbu mirch we see randomly on pavements near marketplaces, specially on Saturdays, is mostly, harmless. 

Phew! 

9 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Not that I want to, but i have never come across such a thing at intersection of roads, ever.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a doubt, which has been bothering me for quite a while now. 

Do astrological gemstones actually work? Has anyone in the forum benefitted from wearing them . 

If yes, what's the modus operandi/mechanism/logic behind their working?

Edited by radicaldude

• 2 months later...