What games are you currently playing?

Platted COD WW2, would never have played this if it weren't free on PS plus.

Turns out it's quite good. Multiplayer was a bit mediocre, campaign was good and zombies was excellent. It was super fun getting the hardcore Easter egg, probably the most convoluted and most difficult zombies Easter egg I've played yet.

Next up Battlefront II. 

Edited by gecko89

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, adity said:

I don't know if this is OT. Mods can delete it if it is. 

I wanted to know people's opinion on boss fights. I was thinking about it and I've realised that boss fights have been rarely enjoyable for me. I'd rather have a well designed mob with different enemies requiring different strategies than an extended boss fight.

I feel boss fights are rarely implemented well. More often than not, you are tasked with killing a boss with a limited moveset, a huge HP pool and a specific way of killing them. Even in the Doom reboot which was an otherwise flawless game, all boss fights other than hell knights felt like a chore. 

Depends on the game. Boss fights in Soulsborne games are extremely enjoyable. They are one of the major highlights of the entire series.

I get your point about Doom boss fights being lame. But it completely depends on how the developer has designed the fight.

12 hours ago, adity said:

I wanted to know people's opinion on boss fights. I was thinking about it and I've realised that boss fights have been rarely enjoyable for me. I'd rather have a well designed mob with different enemies requiring different strategies than an extended boss fight.

I feel boss fights are rarely implemented well. More often than not, you are tasked with killing a boss with a limited moveset, a huge HP pool and a specific way of killing them. Even in the Doom reboot which was an otherwise flawless game, all boss fights other than hell knights felt like a chore. 

Did Wolf 2 inspired you for this post? :) Bosses in that game were just bullet-sponges iirc.

With every game now trying to be a 30+ hour RPG...most bosses are there just to force you to level up and boss fights are mostly just a numbers game now...level X - 100 damage...level Y - 150 damage...

Somehow the fondest memories I've regarding bosses are from 16-bit era Contra hard corps game...they were so much fun at the time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtVi1KBo6g8

Always loved the scale of GoW bosses...especially in GoW3 and recently the bosses of Nier:A, because the story made me care for them. 

14 hours ago, adity said:

Idk honestly. I don't play Souls games but every boss fight in Uncharted has been brilliant.

Swordfighting against Rafe at the end of UC4 was the perfect way to put the curtain on the franchise (or Nathan Drake, cuz Uncharted is still going).

Love how Rafe recounts everything that Nate accomplished, on how he couldn't do sh*t despite being rich and once in the same position as him. The dialogue during that fight was brilliant.

This was less about the fight itself, and more about the journey and the adventures of Nathan Drake that brought us to this point.

I don't think thats really a spoiler at this point. Its not really a twist in the story or anything. 

On 6/27/2020 at 2:33 PM, Chirag2001 said:

Idk honestly. I don't play Souls games but every boss fight in Uncharted has been brilliant.

Swordfighting against Rafe at the end of UC4 was the perfect way to put the curtain on the franchise (or Nathan Drake, cuz Uncharted is still going).

Love how Rafe recounts everything that Nate accomplished, on how he couldn't do sh*t despite being rich and once in the same position as him. The dialogue during that fight was brilliant.

This was less about the fight itself, and more about the journey and the adventures of Nathan Drake that brought us to this point.

I don't think thats really a spoiler at this point. Its not really a twist in the story or anything. 

Uncharted doesn’t really have Bosses, only the endings are made long with long fights, but ND games doesn’t really need bosses they can pull off a beauty with their narration and chase sequences.. 

Real Bosses are found in these games:

All GodOfWar series, GOW 4 was actually criticized for lack of boss fights in Story, but Valkyries did the Jakob.

BloodBorne and basically most FROMSOFTWARE games. I have had SEKIRO since more than a year now but Bosses are tough as Bitch in that, need to find time to

learn and nail that

Ori: Will of the Wisps.

RE Series also has good and challenging Boss fights if not the Best.

1 hour ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Going to start Spider-Man. I have this game for so long but got distracted with other games at that point. Anyway, I hope it’s good. :unsure:

It’s one of the BEST super hero games ever made, tops Batman for me.. Some Boss fights are underwhelming but overall very good game and easily PLATable

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

Uncharted doesn’t really have Bosses, only the endings are made long with long fights, but ND games doesn’t really need bosses they can pull off a beauty with their narration and chase sequences.. 

In UC you essentially fight hordes of mercenaries until the last fight, but can you not call the final fight a boss battle?

Either way ND does a fantastic job with their narration that the fight itself is irrelevant, but the emotional payoff (with Nate's theme running in the background) is absolute bliss.

20 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Have none of you played MGS games? The boss fights in mgs series are amazing, especially MGS3 boss fights. 

Ohh man, those were freakin amazing. MGS has some of the greatest boss fights, each unique.

The End is to this day one of the best bosses I've ever faced. The level design, the tactics, his AI, everything perfect.