What games are you currently playing?

30 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Weren’t you talking about playing new exclusives in the xbox thread ? And here you are playing old games :ko:

Yeah, I am playing a game I bought long ago on a console I owned for almost 5 years. Last I checked I didn't shell out 50k for it last year. :lol:

Edited by b!T

30 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

You have a ps5 right ? Y aren’t t you playing the new shiny exclusives there? :eyebrow:

:lol: yes sir, will do that right now.

Completed Gears of War 4

9/10 overall 

Brilliant audio visual presentation. Right up there with the titans of the industry. Tight gameplay. 

Finally started Doom Eternal The Ancient Gods DLC Part 1 with XSX controller on Nightmare difficulty. Now this is called a tough game. If you take a pause or hesitate even for a split second, you die. Still managed to clear 1 tough area after starting cold after more than a month. 

On 4/26/2021 at 12:46 PM, Ethan_Hunt said:

Finished Control's base game campaign & Twin Mirror over the weekend.

Now onto Control's DLCs and loaded up Life is Strange 2. 

Being on the fence on this one. Your reveiw/impressions/rating pls. This game seems to be quite divisive.

On 4/29/2021 at 1:20 PM, gamer_adi said:

Inside, 

Well Done Ok GIF by funk

11 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Completed Gears of War 4

9/10 overall 

Brilliant audio visual presentation. Right up there with the titans of the industry. Tight gameplay. 

Finally started Doom Eternal The Ancient Gods DLC Part 1 with XSX controller on Nightmare difficulty. Now this is called a tough game. If you take a pause or hesitate even for a split second, you die. Still managed to clear 1 tough area after starting cold after more than a month. 

default controller config or some specific mappings for playing Doom? 

21 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

default controller config or some specific mappings for playing Doom? 

default one I think. I may have swapped some bindings. Current ones are - 

lb - weapons wheel/quick swap

rb - blood punch 

lt - mod

rt - fire

x - chainsaw

a - jump 

b - dash

y - flame

13 minutes ago, Bauji said:

Control

Definitely worth a shot. It took me a few tries before everything clicked and got me engaged. I feel the major asset of Control is it's gameplay and downside (for me personally) was the storyline and the way in which they decided to unravel it; very convoluted and hard to follow at times for plebs like me. I'm not saying it's bad, but just way too heavy unless you like David Lynch style story telling. Sci-fi genre fans would love exploring it's lore as it's spread throughout the game in the form of document files, audio logs, video clips etc.

If you're playing it, I'd highly recommend doing the side tasks as some of them grant unique abilities to Jesse which are extremely helpful. The game has a random difficulty spike, so beware of it. Just keep upgrading your service weapon, skill tree and equip necessary mods and you'll be good.

The game is definitely challenging when it comes to combat. There is also the map navigation aspect which I hated and this is echoed by a few people on this forum and elsewhere too. You'll get used to it once you spend enough time moving around and watch out for the directional signs in each area.

There are 2 story DLCs as a part of the ultimate edition bundle, which are decent enough for a single play-through and for getting better tier VI mods. Post game content (if you're into it), is OK-ish. There is expeditions mode from the base game which is like challenge mode with set objectives, a timer and modifiers to complete and gain better loot. DLC has Shum which is like an arcade machine that allows you to revisit story bosses and farm them or take up some additional challenges for better loot again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

default one I think. I may have swapped some bindings. Current ones are - 

lb - weapons wheel/quick swap

rb - blood punch 

lt - mod

rt - fire

x - chainsaw

a - jump 

b - dash

y - flame

jump, dash and movement all on different buttons for thumb! I couldn't play with this config. well, tbf, I didn't improve with other mappings as well :bigyellowgrin:

1 hour ago, WhatsInTheName said:

jump, dash and movement all on different buttons for thumb! I couldn't play with this config. well, tbf, I didn't improve with other mappings as well :bigyellowgrin:

I never shot a thing while jumping/dashing. I only use jump/dash mainly to get to a tactically superior position and then unload the maximum possible dps. I use meathook significantly to damage combos with blood punch and granades

what bindings do you use? Maybe I could improve my own playstyle 

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

I never shot a thing while jumping/dashing. I only use jump/dash mainly to get to a tactically superior position and then unload the maximum possible dps. I use meathook significantly to damage combos with blood punch and granades

what bindings do you use? Maybe I could improve my own playstyle 

I think I had mapped dash to left thumbstick press and jump to left bumper. Cant recall exactly now.