What games are you currently playing?

53 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I would have given it a a shot if there was a trophy behind it. Already played the base game few times for collectible trophies.

And its the same for DLCs, no trophies are difficulty related.

trophies are basically to show off to your friends

beating Doom Eternal on Nightmare difficulty is a trophy worthy achievement (or even more) which you can tell (show off) to your friends to let them know who da boss is :bigyellowgrin:

53 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

trophies are basically to show off to your friends

beating Doom Eternal on Nightmare difficulty is a trophy worthy achievement (or even more) which you can tell (show off) to your friends to let them know who da boss is :bigyellowgrin:

I don't think it's worth it if I have to go tell people that I've competed this game in this difficulty :D

Trophies mostly speak for themselves.

I have one trophy left for DE, a multiplayer one, it'll take some time. But other than that, going for nightmare or ultra nightmare for no incentive... meh, I'll pass. Besides, I do have a plat or 2 thats quite difficult to get, that's good enough for now. 

15 hours ago, gecko89 said:

I don't think it's worth it if I have to go tell people that I've competed this game in this difficulty :D

Trophies mostly speak for themselves.

I have one trophy left for DE, a multiplayer one, it'll take some time. But other than that, going for nightmare or ultra nightmare for no incentive... meh, I'll pass. Besides, I do have a plat or 2 thats quite difficult to get, that's good enough for now. 

I see your point but imo, plats are basically mindless grind, collect this that etc in many cases

imo, beating DE on Nightmare requires true skill and mastery of the game's mechanics in-depth, you get to appreciate the true spirit of the game and get your money's full worth imo

7 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I see your point but imo, plats are basically mindless grind, collect this that etc in many cases

imo, beating DE on Nightmare requires true skill and mastery of the game's mechanics in-depth, you get to appreciate the true spirit of the game and get your money's full worth imo

No arguments there.

Personally I don't get the drive to pursue it if there's no incentive, or maybe I just suck at the game and don't want to admit it :D 

As for money's worth, got the game and DLCs for 1100 or something, good enough I guess.

On 10/18/2021 at 11:28 PM, dylanjosh said:

I bought catan years ago and never used it. 

It is very fun and nice to play on the side. I still make some mistakes with road placement but otherwise easy to learn. 

Completed Ancient Gods 1 and started 2.

Knew the gameplay was excellent from everyone speaking about it here, but wasn't expecting the expansive lore, I love the back story they've given to doom guy in reboot. Wasn't necessary but great to have, and with eternal and the dlcs it's bigger than ever. 

16 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Hmmm what made you go back to it? 

Was looking for a new co-op game to play. Back 4 Blood was meh. Then installed Zombie Army 4 but deleted it after 1-2 hours. The zombies were so slow...and so much stuff behind DLC.

So it was between New World or FO76. Not settled in well with New World yet. So ended up giving FO76 another try and was surprised how the game is now. Almost like the ESO level of improvement (which was terrible at launch too). ? Still not there yet but has potential to reach given the next Fallout game won't be out for years. 

Edited by Joe Cool
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Completed Doom Eternal and its DLCs. Absolute blast.

Started Plague Tale Innocence, this does not look or play like an indie :D

I was playing a plague tale innocence cause ppl couldn't praise it enough. It seems rlly good. Looks gr8 and its story is coming off pretty strong. I played it a few hours. I'm in chapter 13 or 14 I think. Doesn't seem very long. Took me around 3 - 4 hours to get till here. The story is rlly good. Not rlly a fan of the sling in this game. It plays out a little weird. But the puzzles and all the ways to get the rats off are very creative. I haven't continued since I started GoW tho.

As for GoW. It is awesome. My complaints -

SPOILER ALERT (SPOILERS TO THE END)

Spoiler

As for GoW. It is awesome. My complaints - The base story - Scatter the ashes off the highest peak in the 9 realms is little weak. I'm currently about to flip the temple of the bifrost to reach the Jotunheim rune.

I was really bugged by the fact that they killed the GoW formula from the older games until I bumped into the blades of chaos and they referenced some other past events. The moves with the blades are a duplication of the blades from the original games + a few moves (I absolutely love that.) The puzzles are more complicated than I thought. They played out the Axe very well into the puzzles.

The other complaint bridging from that is that they waited too long to get the blades and get in some references. Like the vase from Greece and the lemnosian wine from Lemnos near Sparta, Athena etc. Well better late than never ig. This was a little troubling especially for those who played the older GoW games cause for us the pacing seems a little messed up. That and lastly they repeated the big guy with the pillar boss too many times. Its rlly getting old now. He was the first boss and has showed up like 5 - 6 times now with 1 extra move every time. This doesn't rlly bother me as much but worth a mention.

Quote by overlord in next post has all the (major) spoilers hidden here. Ppl who haven't played , avoid.

Edited by Horizon Days Dawn

11 minutes ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

I was playing a plague tale innocence cause ppl couldn't praise it enough. It seems rlly good. Looks gr8 and its story is coming off pretty strong. I played it a few hours. I'm in chapter 13 or 14 I think. Doesn't seem very long. Took me around 3 - 4 hours to get till here. The story is rlly good. Not rlly a fan of the sling in this game. It plays out a little weird. But the puzzles and all the ways to get the rats off are very creative. I haven't continued since I started GoW tho.

As for GoW. It is awesome. My complaints - The base story SPOILER ALERT (SPOILERS TO THE END) - Scatter the ashes off the highest peak in the 9 realms is little weak. I'm currently about to flip the temple of the bifrost to reach the rune.

I was really bugged by the fact that they killed the GoW formula from the older games until I bumped into the blades of chaos and they showed Athena and referenced some other past events. The moves with the blades are a duplication of the blades from the original games + a few moves (I absolutely love that.) The puzzles are more complicated than I thought. They played out the Axe very well into the puzzles.

The other complaint bridging from that is that they waited too long to get the blades and get in some references. Like the vase from Greece and the lemnosian wine from Lemnos near Sparta, Athena etc. Well better late than never ig. That and lastly they repeated the big guy with the pillar boss too many times. Its rlly getting old now. He was the first boss and has showed up like 5 - 6 times now with 1 extra move every time. This doesn't rlly bother me as much but worth a mention.

please ban this dude

posting massive spoilers without

Spoiler

spoiler quotes

I looked for that. I can't see the option. Tried the entire menu options. How does everyone else do the hidden thing?

Edit spoilers from quote.

Edit : Huh, I just logged from PC.

I can do the hidden thing from there. Seems its not there on phones.

Will make sure to use the thing from PC instead of just SPOILER ALERT next time. Sorry.

Edited by Horizon Days Dawn