What games are you currently playing?

On 7/4/2022 at 11:10 AM, iamX said:

Same here, I thought it's an average game with good story and kept it in the backlog for a long time. Was hooked once I started it, excellent story and awesome gameplay and the hordes..

Vastly underrated game imo.

I just finished TLOU Part 1 and even though I loved it (finished it in 3 sittings), I just found Days Gone top be more my style.

Days Gone was definitely my GOTY. I LOVED IT. LOVEEEEDDDD IT! I'm already a sucker for zombie stuff and this was one of the first games I played after getting the PS5. I skipped the last 2 generations of console so hadn't played TLOU yet.

It's not a fair comparison by any means, but I'm super super excited to play TLOU part 2 now. (Going to keep some buffer so I dont get burnt out by zombies haha)

Wondering what I should pick next?

- I started playing AC: Origins on the gamepass, but it's feeling a bit grindy already and I'm just not feeling the vibes like I did with AC Odyssey. Origins is feeling too bland.

- Started Star Wars Battlefront 2 campaign on Gamepass but again I'm not really feeling it. The game is really pretty but I'm kind of confused by the story. Maybe I'll just skip to Jedi fallen order.
- Downloading Naraka (anyone wants to multiplayer?)

Gamepass is making me feel guilty, but I really want to upgrade to PS++ and play both the spidermans ?

On 7/12/2022 at 7:55 AM, JungleHeart said:

Currently playing Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak on my Switch and I'M LOVING IT! Anybody else play MHR Sunbreak?

I currently switch between Dual Blades, Sword & Shield, Long Sword, and Hammer.

This is my most current build which I just made last night:

AAXU1Zw.png

There are a few good LS builds I found here which I plan to copy next XD

https://blog.playerauctions.com/monster-hunter/monster-hunter-rise-best-longsword-build/

MHW Dual Blades main here. I don't own a Switch but was trying out the Sunbreak demo on my PC. Feels very different coming from World. I don't know if the arcadey pace of this game is for me, but I am inclined to try more. I mean World took a long time to click for me, so perhaps it would the same with this title. Man, I wish this was on PS5/Series X. :( 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 12:33 PM, Ethan_Hunt said:

MHW Dual Blades main here. I don't own a Switch but was trying out the Sunbreak demo on my PC. Feels very different coming from World. I don't know if the arcadey pace of this game is for me, but I am inclined to try more. I mean World took a long time to click for me, so perhaps it would the same with this title. Man, I wish this was on PS5/Series X. :( 

That makes perfect sense. Playing World/Iceborne was natural for me because I was familiar with the MH formula from playing Monster Hunter Freedom on the PSP so many years ago. If World took a long time for you to like, Rise may be a difficult game to appreciate and don't worry I think that's fine. MH remains somewhat niche compared to other games. I mean, it's a fantastic game but don't worry you're not losing out.

Same here, I really wish it came out on Series X. It's hard to play a game struggling to keep things at 30fps when it could be enjoying higher resolutions at 60fps on the Series X (or PS5). Here's hoping the next one comes out on the PS5 and SX and that the game will have cross platform once and for all!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JungleHeart said:

That makes perfect sense. Playing World/Iceborne was natural for me because I was familiar with the MH formula from playing Monster Hunter Freedom on the PSP so many years ago. If World took a long time for you to like, Rise may be a difficult game to appreciate and don't worry I think that's fine. MH remains somewhat niche compared to other games. I mean, it's a fantastic game but don't worry you're not losing out.

Same here, I really wish it came out on Series X. It's hard to play a game struggling to keep things at 30fps when it could be enjoying higher resolutions at 60fps on the Series X (or PS5). Here's hoping the next one comes out on the PS5 and SX and that the game will have cross platform once and for all!

World 2 should be in development after massive success of World. I think it's 10+ million seller.

Should be next gen only. 

• Like 1

Immortals Fenyx Rising

One of better Ubi games. Inspired by BOTW has done some wonders. Smaller map with obvious points of interests you can see from distance. Very Elden Ring type in that sense. 

It does gets filled with map markers eventually with little effort but doing them always offers great rewards for your character progression. 

Controls are slick. My complaints regarding Assassin's Creed Origins are completely addressed. 

Digging it. Definitely one of the better open world games.

53 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Immortals Fenyx Rising

One of better Ubi games. Inspired by BOTW has done some wonders. Smaller map with obvious points of interests you can see from distance. Very Elden Ring type in that sense. 

It does gets filled with map markers eventually with little effort but doing them always offers great rewards for your character progression. 

Controls are slick. My complaints regarding Assassin's Creed Origins are completely addressed. 

Digging it. Definitely one of the better open world games.

Yeah. It's quite an under-appreciated game. I had a lot of fun with it.

There's a rumour that Ubi is working on a Polynesian themed spin-off. And frankly I would love for it to be true.

I just hope they don't go overboard with it by making it similar to all the other open-world games in their stable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Yeah. It's quite an under-appreciated game. I had a lot of fun with it.

There's a rumour that Ubi is working on a Polynesian themed spin-off. And frankly I would love for it to be true.

I just hope they don't go overboard with it by making it similar to all the other open-world games in their stable.

Ubi definitely need a fantasy open world franchise. 

In their other franchises they cannot have this type of design, but fantasy setting will allow it. 

They just need to get rid of map markers and allow for natural exploration. It will be perfect then.

• 3 weeks later...