WhiteWolf

What games are you currently playing?

Jan-Feb was excellent month for me. Completed - Hitman 2, Resident Evil 2 Remake,Flower and Mutant Road to Eden.

Backlog is almost complete except AC odyssey :P will start metro exodus today.

Flower(2.3hrs) - I am so glad it finally released on PC as the game is pure and breathtaking. Played this game in between stressful session of RE2 because the soundtrack is just majestic in game it make you so much calm and comfortable and relaxed. When it gradually fills your screen with the vibrant colors of petals it looks and feel so good :). Developer credit Section can be played that was brilliant touch but still after the credit i wanted it to last for few more hrs. It short so play the game in between when you are stressed and don't rush it out in a single sitting.

Some shots(1080p63fps MAX setting MSAA @8x)

Flower-2019-02-17-13-53-27-637.png

Flower-2019-02-17-13-57-40-297.png

Resident Evil 2 (9.5 Hrs) - First of all i hate backtracking in videogames but this game did it so right mainly because how the whole areas are integrated and connected and even have tons of shortcuts. Each room is very well designed and have claustrophobic feeling to it and especially the Police station when Leon takes out his flashlight and the room is barely lit, the  whole tensed felling is so satisfying. I Completed only Leon A will do Claire later and i missed RANK B by 1.5 hrs :( nevertheless the game was thoroughly enjoyable  and I had a great time with it. Puzzles were great and required some thinking if you do blind playthrough and Leon is a damn fine officer. Running like bitch when MR.X shows up/hear his footsteps never gets old and for the love of god play with original music dlc.

Some shots(1080p63fps MAX setting and Resolution scale at 120%)

re2-2019-02-10-14-26-36-277.png

re2-2019-02-10-14-26-40-127.png

Hitman 2 (43hrs) - Barcode maniac simulator 2 is better than Hitman 1 in every department. Miami, Mumbai and  Isle of sgail maps are freaking huge when compared to hitman 1 Paris map and have way better level design. I played the game with all HUD and guidance stuff off from the gameplay option and trust me it way immersive this way without map and guidance you are totally on you own. First i used to explore each map fully which takes me good 2 hr or so and then plan assassination. Completed the game on professional difficulty with each map played for at least 6 hrs and i cant wait for future 2 DLC maps. HItman is perfected By IO and for people confused whether to play hitman 1 legacy map in 2 then don't as the developer had given yellow tint flavor to old hitman 1 maps which in my opinion made those maps worse graphically.

Some shots(1080p63fps MAX setting)

HITMAN2-2019-01-29-19-00-27-137.png

HITMAN2-2019-02-15-17-44-10-033.png

Mutant Road to Eden (12hrs) - I personally had more fun in this game when compared with XCOM 2. The voice acting by characters are top notch and the best part is that each character can mix and match their abilities to perform powerful moves and you can combine their abilities and plan ahead to tackle tougher enemies, for instance i used to combine Bormin one more turn and charge ability to incapacitate enemy and drain half of its health in his single turn. Graphically it better than xcom 2 and was successful in capturing post-apocalyptic setting, environments are varied too and goes well with the setting.5 characters to choose from each had own unique mutation and skill(some mutation are same) so try to keep your squad diversified. Initial portion can be difficult so don't forget to visit ARK (Base) regularly to upgrade. My grip with this game is lack of enemy and weapon variety also ARK(Base) is so bland and feels so less interactive. Story keeps you engaged buy it abruptly ends hinting towards future dlc.

Some shots(1080p63fps MAX setting)

Zone-UE4-Win64-Shipping-2019-01-15-20-58

Zone-UE4-Win64-Shipping-2019-01-18-00-21

Zone-UE4-Win64-Shipping-2019-02-18-12-51

Edited by joken732a
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, eddy4823 said:

Beyond Two Souls. So far it ranks at the bottom of all the choice based games I've played. I am half way through and in hope that it might get interesting in the 2nd half.

You playing it in Chronological order or the remixed order ? If in chronological order then yes 2nd half is much better.  

Done with Uncharted LL. Absolutely loved the story, the protagonists and then the graphics...Holy crap, Naughty Dog just made me realise how even the base PS4 is capable of delivering such jaw dropping visuals !!! Once again the set pieces were really well done although it does remind you of UC4 towards the end. 

• Like 2

Completed black ops 3.

Didn't understand the story one bit and don't think was worth caring for.

Last four chapters were no longer call of duty at all (supernatural stuff) and very difficult, was very close to switching it as had become tedious instead of fun.

And this silver trophy is rarer than most platinum trophies - not a trophy hunter but a strange stat.

16950a8277890185623c950d35c0cc40.jpg

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Was playing Apex Legends but really frustrated with the bullet registry.

Playing Titanfall 2, but player base has take hiatus again. The original hype of Apex Legends had brought back old players. Takes more time to find games (again)

Playing Middle Earth Shadow of War. Epic orc slaying fest. Helps relieve stress or build some.

On 2/20/2019 at 11:13 PM, WR10 said:

Done with Uncharted LL. Absolutely loved the story, the protagonists and then the graphics...Holy crap, Naughty Dog just made me realise how even the base PS4 is capable of delivering such jaw dropping visuals !!! Once again the set pieces were really well done although it does remind you of UC4 towards the end. 

LL was awesome. I'm glad I didn't miss it. Enjoyed it more than UC4.

Completed : Enslaved - Odyssey to the West

A hybrid game combining the elements of many classic games. 

The bonding story between monkey and his captor trip through the colorful post apocalyptic world is amazingly paced by solid platforming, occasional frustrating driving sections, very basic and satisfying Combat and puzzles along with action set pieces and tricky Boss battles.

Every element in the game although not at all deep or truly its own, it's just the mix of them together that makes enslaved a special game.

The game's affecting issues and lack of polish does not make it much less of a worthwhile experience 
for its well paced and varied journey.

PS - f**k the cloud chase sections on hard.

Edited by GunnerY2J
  • Like 3

Playing Infamous Second Son. The opening part was a drag and it only got interesting for me when you get to the open world part. Using smoke based powers are super nice as well. Being able to smoke dash and hop between rooftop to rooftop never gets old for me. I would have liked this game even more if there had been abilities that can be used in combat more effectively apart from the orbital drop and the missile which consumes a lot of smoke power. Will do one more play through as a bad guy and see how that goes.

Finished with CoD : MW Remastered on PS4. Picked it up as it was free for PS+ this month. Worth the time. It was a nice to take a short trip to nostalgia. One of the 1st SP game I played on my 1st gaming PC. Now onto Shadow of Tomb Raider.