WhiteWolf

What games are you currently playing?

8 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Your explicit call out to *MS first party studio Obsidian* :P I mean, MS did nothing here to deserve credit. That's all 

Where I'm wrong.  Is Obsidian not first party studio of MS? Outerworld came out after they got acquired as 1st party studio. 

How and when they developed it is irrelevant. At present reality is Obsidian owns Outerworld and both are owned by MS and Outerworld 2 not coming to PS5.

15 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Where I'm wrong.  Is Obsidian not first party studio of MS? Outerworld came out after they got acquired as 1st party studio. 

How and when they developed it is irrelevant. At present reality is Obsidian owns Outerworld and both are owned by MS and Outerworld 2 not coming to PS5.

It's too early to tell tbh. Yes, MS owns Obsidian. But we don't know what kind of deal Obsidian made with Sony to put Outer Worlds on PS4 in the first place. If Obsidian had made a deal with Sony for like say - Sony will charge very less fees/commission or even remove fees/commission for putting Outer Worlds on Playstation Platforms - so long as the first 3 games come out on the platform, for example. Then MS/Obsidian is legally bound to honor it, even if MS has acquired Obsidian.

Now, we don't know if this is true or not. But still, we do know that OW was developed before MS acquisition, and Obsidian has an agreement with Sony (Otherwise OW would not have released on PS4 in first place). Just because MS acquired Obsidian, it does not mean all past agreements and contracts will just disappear.

So we just don't know. If there is no such agreement clause, future OW games will not come on PS4. If there is such an agreement clause, either OW games will come on next PS consoles or MS will have to pay Sony the penalty for breaking contract.

And there is also the possibility that the game will come to PS regardless, simply because MS these days wants to make money from games and subscriptions, and don't care a bit about how their console is selling.  

Edited by roun90

22 hours ago, roun90 said:

It's too early to tell tbh. Yes, MS owns Obsidian. But we don't know what kind of deal Obsidian made with Sony to put Outer Worlds on PS4 in the first place. If Obsidian had made a deal with Sony for like say - Sony will charge very less fees/commission or even remove fees/commission for putting Outer Worlds on Playstation Platforms - so long as the first 3 games come out on the platform, for example. Then MS/Obsidian is legally bound to honor it, even if MS has acquired Obsidian.

Now, we don't know if this is true or not. But still, we do know that OW was developed before MS acquisition, and Obsidian has an agreement with Sony (Otherwise OW would not have released on PS4 in first place). Just because MS acquired Obsidian, it does not mean all past agreements and contracts will just disappear.

So we just don't know. If there is no such agreement clause, future OW games will not come on PS4. If there is such an agreement clause, either OW games will come on next PS consoles or MS will have to pay Sony the penalty for breaking contract.

And there is also the possibility that the game will come to PS regardless, simply because MS these days wants to make money from games and subscriptions, and don't care a bit about how their console is selling.  

Ya but Dont think there's any marketing deal for Outerworld with Sony. Outerworld 1 don't look like a game that Sony will go after deal. It's no red red or Destiny nd all.

Finished Quantam Break . A good game overall . Time powers were quite fun to use . Beautiful looking game . The graphics during stutters were quite brilliant.
Started Control and MK11 . Will probably finish Control first and then move on to MK11.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Detroit become human.

The first hour or so was a snoozefest. I was half asleep until the disposal pit part, which was insanely well directed. 

The survey that popped up when I first quit was kinda cool. The results reflect our collective tech psych.

55 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Whic system did you get it for? I remember there being deliberation about this on the RDR2 thread.

Still haven't bought man. This is RDR1 backwards compat on Xbone X. Wanna get the Xbone version of RDR2, but physical discs are expensive. Waiting to see if I can get a deal, else will buy digital on xbox store.

Edited by l33tmaniac