The Darkness

arjun

• 1 month later...

hijacked a copy of the darkness for VIK....verdict............... Starbreeze have done it once again. the best thing is, it still has some of the element of Riddick, which is cool. the game as a whole, f**king great!!!!, original, additive and over all........... an under rated game by far. this is a must have. im not a huge fan of online MP games. this has to be the best single player ive had in a game. only thing that comes close is gears.......... but not close enough.

I officially give this * The NRI STAR of APPROVAL of KICKASS-NESS *

must have for sure. cheers vik.

I loved this game it was great and innovative for a FPS game, it almost felt like as if you were a part of movie.

The one thing that went over my head was that what happened to Jackie in the end did the darkness kill him??

Is a sequel to this game a possibility?

I loved this game it was great and innovative for a FPS game, it almost felt like as if you were a part of movie.

The one thing that went over my head was that what happened to Jackie in the end did the darkness kill him??

Is a sequel to this game a possibility?

**spoilers**

In the end Jackie masters the Darkness, he learns how to control it completely. But he is now one with the Darkness which means he can never go back to living as a normal person nor can he die peacefully. The ending scene shows that the higher powers (both good and evil) have let him and Jenny's soul have a moment together before Jackie becomes the true Master of the Darkness.

In the comics Jackie is actually more of a bad guy than a hero type character as he is in the game. He actually uses the Darkness for his own purpose. After meeting up with characters like Batman (in a crossover title) and Witchblade he learns about morality and changes his ways a bit becoming more like the Jackie we know from the game.

anti-hero. but i wonder if theres gonna be a sequel. in a way, i hope not. but the ending was too open ended. what were the sales like for the game?

The Xbox 360 version sold pretty well and since the PS3 version apparently looked a bit better, I'm sure that did reasonably well too but like I said earlier, expect a PC port before a sequel.

And speaking of the ending, I was a bit disappointed with the way you kill Uncle Paulie. After what he did to me and my girl, I really wanted to fk him up pretty badly.

And speaking of the ending, I was a bit disappointed with the way you kill Uncle Paulie. After what he did to me and my girl, I really wanted to fk him up pretty badly.

Same here!

I wanted to use the demon arm, tear him up and let one of the darklings take a piss on him... but couldn't

:)

Sales were disappointing.

The game reviews were not that bad either, maybe 2k didn't market it well !

BTW, is this 'sandbox' type of game ?? I remember reading in a review that you can do side missions as well :) !

Sales were disappointing.

The game reviews were not that bad either, maybe 2k didn't market it well !

BTW, is this 'sandbox' type of game ?? I remember reading in a review that you can do side missions as well :) !

You do have side missions et al, but this is not exactly a sandbox type of game, mainly because the game world is not as huge and expansive as what you would relate to traditional sandbox games like GTA.

Archived