Lords of the Fallen

SRINI87

I played and finished it during launch. It was fun, but not close to Dark Souls games at all (apart from animation like running, drinking, etc, are straight rip from Dark Soul game). The problem with the game is, it is very short and the replay value is nothing like Dark Souls. The setting and bosses are not interesting at all. After beating 1-2 times, you feel..ugh..the challenge wears off. Also, the heavy usage chromatic aberration usage is so annoying.

Combat is good, which saves the game. But, not really worth your time if you are good at Dark Soul game.

(I wasn't when this was launched, so combat was challenging and fun at times)

Maybe for $5 or less on some rainy day. Z95ISYy.gif

Edited by Heaven Angel

^He got it for free :P. They copied lot of stuff from Souls games like you lose your experience every time you die and you have to collect it back from enemies just like souls games :D

They tried hard to make it like Souls but failed and I don't think they will get another chance from Namco.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Lords of the Fallen 2 in development by Defiant Studios

Lords of the Fallen 2 was originally announced years ago but development was scrapped and then CI Games laid off most of their staff a few months ago. They're now contracted Defiant to make the sequel.

Defiant Studios was established in 2016 by David Grijns, the former studio head and game director of Just Cause 3 developer Avalanche Studios New York, and is composed of “veteran staff with proven track records in developing top-selling AAA games.”

"We have been talking with CI Games for several months now, and went through a detailed process of getting to know one another’s expectations and motivations in regards to Lords of the Fallen 2. We are happy that we can commit our studio to developing a great game in a well-established franchise. Our team has been excited about the chance to make the next Lords of the Fallen from the moment we started to work on our pitch for CI. We are particularly thrilled about the creative freedom that CI Games is willing to offer."

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/lords-of-the-fallen-2-developed-by-new-york-city-based-defiant-studios

• 1 year later...

Oh, that was supposed to be the 5th boss.

But even the second boss took me 11 minutes and the third 13 minutes and the fourth isn't taking any damage to have a chance.

Damage is still too low, will need to get the best out of blacksmith as I seem to be way under leveled.

I would quit if I would need to grind xp as game isn't worth it apart from boss fights which also are getting incredibly tedious.

Anyone completed the game ?

21 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Levelling issue with the game ? 

Reached second boss : champion

And I am doing 25 damage and would take an hour to beat him.

Wtf ?

Just dodge and let the boss run towards you and dodge again. Once it hits the wall, it'll stagger for a second or so and use prayer. Don't let him fill his rage bar. 

14 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

But even the second boss took me 11 minutes and the third 13 minutes and the fourth isn't taking any damage to have a chance.

Commander did take solid 8-12 minutes. 

14 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Damage is still too low, will need to get the best out of blacksmith as I seem to be way under leveled.

I would quit if I would need to grind xp as game isn't worth it apart from boss fights which also are getting incredibly tedious.

You obviously need to grind it out a bit to make it trivial.  

10 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Just dodge and let the boss run towards you and dodge again. Once it hits the wall, it'll stagger for a second or so and use prayer. Don't let him fill his rage bar. 

Commander did take solid 8-12 minutes. 

You obviously need to grind it out a bit to make it trivial.  

Yes, champion was easy after stunning it with tower shield.

Taking long.

The third boss : worshipper took 14 minutes - f**k the dogs.

I don't want to make it trivial but the 30 damage I do to the bosses shouldn't be 30 in any way - now its at 40 and shifted to a staff.

But infiltrator was fun even by souls standard,took 5 minutes only after upgrading runes, would easily fit into any of the souls games top 7 bosses.

The problem I realise now is that I haven't updated the game and sometimes the xp I retrieve is zero, don't know what other problems does the game have before patch : I realised this when 22 thousand souls were lost even after picking them up right after dying - that's a 6-7 levels boost alone and would have made a huge difference.

Guardian toughest boss even from any of the souls games.(excluding dlcs)

Only could ever get him to 40% health with 5 potions, glad he glitched in the middle and froze, I know I couldn't have beaten him without grinding out some levels, any video I see of him being beaten are much higher level characters.

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

Guardian toughest boss even from any of the souls games.(excluding dlcs)

The bosses mainly if you complete the challenge, then all are harder / challenging than DS bosses ever were. 

It's just that whole game doesn't live up like DS does. 

8 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

The bosses mainly if you complete the challenge, then all are harder / challenging than DS bosses ever were. 

It's just that whole game doesn't live up like DS does. 

What bullshittery is this ? 

There's a point of no return where I still have to face two more bosses ? 

The lost brothers, can't touch them and I need the blacksmith or Respec my character.

Been enjoyable till now, most boss fights were worthwhile and some amazing including this last fight.

Last annihilator boss fight and it's the same build for losing to lost brothers which is impossible for me now  

40 damage being dealt with no openings to attack.

Quit , first game in years i quit after reaching so far.

Edited by GunnerY2J
  • Like 1

Oh Lord ! 

I was feeling so hopeless, the lost brothers was going to be my gaming shame.

Grinded for 5 levels and it's crazy how 5 levels can take your damage from 60 to 180.

And two handed run - heavy attack is overpowered  and now doing 300 damage.

The levelling is so imbalanced If I had a strength build (same level,same speed,same stamina)  the same would do 800 damage.(can't Respec)

Lords of the fallen gives you the best boss fights where every fight goes down to the wire but also makes you appreciate dark souls even more.

Still a poorly designed fight with no openings at all.

took 12 minutes and impossible with the previous build.

2 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

but also makes you appreciate dark souls even more.

That's they key. So many games have come and gone but none topped Dark Souls. Some might have X thing better than DS but then Y thing isn't balanced and ruins Z thing.

Dark Souls is like balanced package and doesn't need to add shitty grind or random difficulty spike to make it challenging/enjoyable. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Heaven Angel changed the title to Lords of the Fallen 1 & 2
  • 1 year later...

Lords of the Fallen 2 will be released next year.

“Lords of the Fallen 2 is our biggest project yet. We will launch a marketing campaign in the third quarter of this year, and the premiere is scheduled for 2023. Game development is progressing according to plan,” said CEO Marek Tymiński

The game is for PC and “next-gen” Xbox and PlayStation at the same time, which seems to rule out PS4 and Xbox One.

https://www.aroged.com/2022/04/09/lords-of-the-fallen-2-will-be-released-next-year-development-going-according-to-plan/

• SRINI87 changed the title to Lords of the Fallen