Watch Dogs multiplayer Rumour

Watch Dogs’ Jonathan Morin has explained how the multiplayer will work in the game, without giving too much away on it. Essentially, players will always be in their “own session,” but it can be merged with others to where players will “intertwine.”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/16/watch-dogs-players-may-not-notice-others-in-a-multiplayer-session-right-away/

Quite interesting concept but have no idea hows that gonna work :scratchchin:

Yeah .. i guess... but minus the fantasy monster stuff... I think its gonna be Ba$d @$$..!!

Also... competition will be a factor .. something like multiplayer on Splinter Cell.... Was slow... but needed some serious skills when your up against a pro...

I don't want to play this game while being always online..

Playing it offline..then the game says."Oh no,you have to be online to continue your next mission/objective"....i wouldn't like that on my slow,bad net connection.

But yeah..in online mp,it would be fun to to have match between players in which they have to complete a mission in the shortest time possible to win..like to find the shortest and easiest route to complete a objective,

I think it will more of a cooperative type approach rather than competitive and player will interact with each as themselves (by the username not as Aiden Pearce ) which also indicate that it may somewhat always on kind of DRM will be there ( minus the online only gaming). so while you are connected to the network you can interact with other player but while offline, you will play solo. There will not be a separate multiplayer/cooperative mode, everything will be in one. One of most ambiguous game upcoming game.

I lost the developer interview/impression on the multiplayer aspect, check on youtube.

Well, they might not have done great on MP in the past... but this does sound interesting... Ubisoft shed's some light on Watch Dogs MP... Consider how one's situation might change as and when a more experienced or inexperienced player overlaps in the gameplay... And the fact that they are leaving no signs to disclose this might be a good experience..... Best of luck Ubisoft..!!!

“When we watch people play together in Watch Dogs, most of the time they don’t even realise that it was another player. There are no signs. There is a great thing there that someone can be in the experience and naturally enter a situation. They become part of the story. ‘That was another player? No way! That’s awesome!’ They didn’t notice. That’s spectacular!"

Source : http://games.on.net/2013/05/watch-dogs-multiplayer-brings-together-millions-of-players-but-you-might-not-notice/

Archived