ScrewyAurum

Wait for the custom server browser.

Or if you really wanna try some halo on pc right now, join the Forge community on discord or neogaf. (make sure you host or join people in SEA or EU, ping issues if the host is in the US, still was playable for me but had immense packet loss at times)

^ I will wait for the browser to show up, if it ever does.

Right now, keeping aside 40GB+ of bandwidth to download this and face the same issues I have with niche and F2P titles on STEAM is not my cup of tea.

• 2 months later...
"JOIN IN PROGRESS" Custom games browser

The Monitor's Bounty update will bring the long-awaited Custom Games Browser to Halo 5 on Xbox One and Windows 10. Here's what 343's UX Design Lead Vincent Hui has to say about this new feature:

Vincent: We know getting a full fireteam together to run customs isn’t always easy, and while Looking For Group is great for appointment gaming, sometimes you just want to jump in and discover something new. The new Custom Games Browser enables you to search for in-progress games from the main menu. Games you can join are based on their privacy settings when they are created in the lobby. We’ve also updated the Content Browser so that if you find a map or mode that you like, you’ll be able to browse for in-progress custom games from that file’s options.

This Custom Games Browser is something the team has wanted to add for a long time for the community, but we needed the Content Browser and the search engine that powers it up and running first. Thanks for being patient, and we hope you enjoy it whether you’re running Duck Hunt 24/7, or just looking for new friends to slay!

And here's a quick glimpse of how it will look in game – again, on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs:

custombrowser-8202a31822a44b22838e0ec5c2

The new "Join in Progress" Custom Games Browser for Halo 5: Guardians on Xbox One & Windows 10

custombrowserselection-62d22eaebd45427c9

customssearchwindow-3b5b5a32f89a4003a80d

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Someone on Reddit posted Halo 5 req packs made over 200m$ for MS last year alone .

MTs are very well implemented in Halo 5 compared to Gears.

Gears 4 MTs made fans really mad as it was designed around to make people buy Gear packs. I stopped playing Gears MP coz of it. I only play Horde mode now as Horde mode gives you more credits to unlock skins nd all.

GTA Online is also same. Rockstar is making everything expensive in the game with every update to make people buy cash cards now.

• 1 month later...

4K update for Halo 5 with the release of Xbox One X & Xbox 360 Halo games going BC on XboxOne. 

Following its official debut at E3, there’s been a tremendous amount of growing excitement around the upcoming release of Xbox One X and the promise of true 4K gaming. Many Halo fans were quick to note that Halo 5 was conspicuously absent from the list of games being given the 4K treatment. The team here at 343 always had a desire to bring players the best Halo 5 experience for Xbox One X, but we weren’t quite ready to make the announcement during the E3 time frame.

Today we are excited to officially confirm that Halo 5 will receive a game update to support true 4K with the release of Xbox One X later this year! We’ll have more to share on this front as we get closer to release, so stay tuned.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halo-summer-celebration

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived