Kingdom Hearts 3

IshmaelIsBack

7 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

EXACTLY! The 1.5+2.5 is amazing and sadly I won't get my hands on it ever. tzCo0JP.png Was very much looking forward to KHIII theme but alas it turned out terrible.

For a game that is coming after ages, it deserves grand designs and editions. The PS4 Pro design is horrendous and not even going to acknowledge the controller... They just slapped a sticker on the touchpad. 

The ones you unlock after 2.8 are pretty good too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

So I got this game today. My first KH ever. I might have asked this already but what should I read/watch before starting this or just play directly?

Watch the full 30 minutes (appx.) video before you even think of starting the game. The story is highly connected to previous games (including all spin-offs) and is highly confusing to even those who have played it. And you're starting off the deep end - at the very conclusion of the series.

So seriously, watch a lore video that explains the entire story before you start the game

Here is an excellent video that explains the series. It does not have any KH3 details (It was made to enable people to catch up so they can start KH3), so you don't have to worry about any KH3 spoilers

• Thanks 1

I also played KH3 without playing any of the other games in the series before. 

Saw a similar video and the few available in the game itself before starting . But still was confused af. Too much lore and too many characters to understand . 

So just went on with the game and didn't think much about the story of which there is a lot .  (almost 10 hours of story cutscenes) 

Game itself was great though . Most of the world's are beautifully created . Combat wasn't much of a challenge on normal mode . Only the battlegates ( combat encounters non story related  unlocked towards the end ) actually challenge you . The final battlegate - No.14 is a good challenge . Took me a quite a few tries to complete it .

Tons of side stuff is there in the game which is generally good . Overall had a lot of fun with the game. 

Edited by Krazyniks

1 hour ago, Krazyniks said:

I also played KH3 without playing any of the other games in the series before. 

Saw a similar video and the few available in the game itself before starting . But still was confused af. Too much lore and too many characters to understand . 

So just went on with the game and didn't think much about the story of which there is a lot .  (almost 10 hours of story cutscenes) 

Game itself was great though . Most of the world's are beautifully created . Combat wasn't much of a challenge on normal mode . Only the battlegates ( combat encounters non story related  unlocked towards the end ) actually challenge you . The final battlegate - No.14 is a good challenge . Took me a quite a few tries to complete it .

Tons of side stuff is there in the game which is generally good . Overall had a lot of fun with the game. 

KH3 is in fact the weakest in the series, borderline average game. If you liked this one, you will absolutely love 1 and 2.

18 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

KH3 is in fact the weakest in the series, borderline average game. If you liked this one, you will absolutely love 1 and 2.

I went in with no expectations as such .Mostly bought it for the playing in those Disney movie world's and ended up enjoying it quite a bit . 

9 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

I went in with no expectations as such .Mostly bought it for the playing in those Disney movie world's and ended up enjoying it quite a bit . 

Yeah the series' charm has always been Final fantasy mixed with Disney. 1 and 2 have more disney worlds and much better storyline. Not to mention infinitely better Boss fights.

2 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

Yeah the series' charm has always been Final fantasy mixed with Disney. 1 and 2 have more disney worlds and much better storyline. Not to mention infinitely better Boss fights.

You should sat "Used to be". Now that Disney is a giant and FF is a has-been, KH is only pass time through Disney Worlds while removing FF completely.

Seriously, KH3 has Disney worlds just because it needs it - but with zero relevance to main plot, FF is completely removed and the entire story is told through KH only characters.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...