Price raised to 1499 from 999, Shouldn't we protest about it?

I will not sign because of these

we will stop buyin games and start Pirating each and every game

I will protest with my wallet and will mostly buy games on digital sales - steam,amazon,gamersgate,greenmangaming etc

Ah , at least someone. The OP's intentions are right but the manner in which they're laid out are childish. Someone restart that petition on behalf of " the members " of IVG , formally explaining the legit reasons such as local production / local packaging with imported discs / alternatives we have digitally , and you got me onboard.

A high school/college going american student can part-time work just 5-6 hours to get a 60 $ game, any idea how many hours and days an indian student will have to work part-time to get a 2000 rs. game?

then the indian student should sort out his/her priorities. Gaming is not a necessity.

Ah , at least someone. The OP's intentions are right but the manner in which they're laid out are childish. Someone restart that petition on behalf of " the members " of IVG , formally explaining the legit reasons such as local production / local packaging with imported discs / alternatives we have digitally , and you got me onboard.

mene tho para hi nahi woh pirate wali line :mellow: .......anyways i won't pirate the games.....would never do that ......would instead buy less games and games from sales instead like everyone else

So dissapointed with price hike ,was going to buy some like watch dogs and batman , should have preordered them :(.Now i am saving up for ps4 and due to this price hike i wont be able to spend on some pc games(watch dogs is for sure), will turn into console gamer next gen and digital only for pc (steam and green man gaming , i am looking at you)

EDIT : Has Game the shop also increased prices??

This is so simple, you can't afford it , Don't buy it !!

Please don't get all high and mighty saying lower the prices. They have a business to run and people to pay. Gaming is an expensive hobby and it is going to stay that way. You cannot afford it, don't develop that hobby then. Its not a necessity. You can still live without it.

And yeah, great "Protest" by the guys saying/hinting that if you don't lower it, we will pirate it. Am sure guys will be really impressed by this. Mods should have a look at all this "nudge nudge wink wink" hints at these piracy talks on the forum . Being the premier gaming forum in our country, all this piracy talk just belittles the entire site.

mene tho para hi nahi woh pirate wali line :mellow: .......anyways i won't pirate the games.....would never do that ......would instead buy less games and games from sales instead like everyone else

There's always digital. With a few extra bucks you could always show your way of protesting against these distributors. Imagine a situation like Metro Last Light where you had nowhere to go. Also , getting it for $35 day one for a $49.99 game isn't that bad imo. The ones you have to watch out for though , are Acti / EA titles where pricing is on the ridiculous side digitally ( DLC's too lol ). Even more good news if you aren't interested in the yearly sh*t they spew. Scout the internet , russian insta key sites are mostly not region locked and on the cheaper side too.

These fools have ridden on our back far too long in the name of " Growth of the Indian Gaming industry " and taking us for granted be it pricing ( oh my , exchange rates - yep ) or delays in shipment. All I care about is the money reaching the devs , don't give a toss if these goons here go out of business.

EDIT : Has Game the shop also increased prices??

Games The Shop is the retail arm of E-Xpress as Game4U is to Milestone , so obviously , yes.

There's always digital. With a few extra bucks you could always show your way of protesting against these distributors. Imagine a situation like Metro Last Light where you had nowhere to go. Also , getting it for $35 day one for a $49.99 game isn't that bad imo. The ones you have to watch out for though , are Acti / EA titles where pricing is on the ridiculous side digitally ( DLC's too lol ).

Amen, I don't buy a lot of games, will buy more pro-actively from STEAM / Green Man Gaming.

:lol: Get down from you high Horse and stop judging everything the way you see fit.

I have done more than enough to support gaming here in India....I dont need to prove it or explain to anyone here either.

I wont hold myself for a year or so long for every game now so that i can get it on steam sale or something like that but at the same time aint paying them any more now.

:doh:

I dont hate pirates or judge them, It is the developers job to prevent it. But its the people who "justify" piracy that are fuking annoying. Stop coming up with illogical statements to prove Piracy isnt stealing.

you will complain about publishers and how greedy they are , yet you arent greedy now? you cant wait for a few months ? :lol:

Everything in india that is imported is expensive(cars,electronics..etc) , what makes gaming different? it is still a luxury.

I have done more than enough to support gaming here in India....I dont need to prove it or explain to anyone here either.

:rofl: this one is golden .... So you buy some ps3 games and now its totally OK to pirate. Nice logic.

I have bought 7 mobile phones till now and spent thousands of rs , the next one should be free since I have supported mobile industry in india soo much. Why is iphone 6 soo expensive , I will protest by stealing one.

I have bought 7 mobile phones till now and spent thousands of rs , the next one should be free since I have supported mobile industry in india soo much. Why is iphone 6 soo expensive , I will protest by stealing one.

:lol:

So how many more PC games do I have to buy until it's okay for me to pirate? My steam shows 69 games. Is it like, 70 legit games gives you one morally justifiable pirated copy :rofl:

A high school/college going american student can part-time work just 5-6 hours to get a 60 $ game, any idea how many hours and days an indian student will have to work part-time to get a 2000 rs. game?

That same college student has to work and buy a meal for 20$ .... So now people in america should start protesting and make a meal cost 1$ like in india?

There is no point comparing like this. As long as the games arent being DEVELOPED and sold in india it makes no sense to compare. Yes I agree games should be cheaper in india , but as long as games are being developed in foreign countries it wont always work out that way.

:lol:

So how many more PC games do I have to buy until it's okay for me to pirate? My steam shows 69 games. Is it like, 70 legit games gives you one morally justifiable pirated copy :rofl:

Dude your so close man .... just buy 1 more game and you can then download your first Free Pirated Legit Copy :P

Sheesh, we console gamers buy games for more, shocked to see PC gamers whining for a Rs.500 price hike, like they say wait for steam sales or swallow the bitter pill we console gamers took long ago

Archived