Complete STEAM guide - Announcements | Badges | Market | Trading | Cheap Games | Wallet and MORE

Heaven Angel

A countdown on the site has 72 hours remaining as of this morning, and Valve teases that “we have three announcements to make beginning with the first one on Monday morning.”

Steam Box

Family Sharing

___?

Left 4 Dead 3?

Portal 3?

Team Fortress 3?

Monday the 23/9, 2*3 = 6, 9-6 = HALF LIFE 3? :samui:

valve's first announcement coming up !!

edit: and its up it a new os called steamOS .....

http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamOS/

SteamOS. :O

pC12rKC.jpg

Thousands of games, millions of users. Everything you love about Steam. Available soon as a free operating system designed for the TV and the living room.

Four new Steam features focused on the living room.

In-home Streaming

You can play all your Windows and Mac games on your SteamOS machine, too. Just turn on your existing computer and run Steam as you always have - then your SteamOS machine can stream those games over your home network straight to your TV!

Music, TV, Movies

We’re working with many of the media services you know and love. Soon we will begin bringing them online, allowing you to access your favorite music and video with Steam and SteamOS.

Family Sharing

In the past, sharing Steam games with your family members was hard. Now you can share the games you love with the people you love. Family Sharing allows you to take turns playing one another’s games while earning your own Steam achievements and saving your individual game progress to the Steam cloud.

Family Options

The living-room is family territory. That’s great, but you don’t want to see your parents’ games in your library. Soon, families will have more control over what titles get seen by whom, and more features to allow everyone in the house to get the most out of their Steam libraries.

http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamOS/

Downloadable soon. Free forever!

:panic:

From the OP:

Go to Steam Gifts
Login
That's it. You'll see front page. Click on any game you want to enter.
(You get 300 points daily which you can spend by entering giveaways.)

Just joined this site, and I only got 15 points? How do I get more points?

99% fake but interesting.

uy8NoBX.jpg

tl;dr

Announcement #2: SteamBox. Reference design: AMD CPU, nvidia GPU, uses nvidia streaming. Big partnership with nvidia, SteamOS to have awesome nvidia drivers.

Announcement #3: Source 2. Win/Mac/Linux compatibility, no DX compatibility at all, as for console ports, PS4 support might or might not come eventually.

Bonus: "A game". Redeemable with every new nvidia/SteamBox purchase.

SteamMachines

http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamMachines/

• Beginning in 2014, there will be multiple SteamOS machines to choose from, made by different manufacturers.
  • There will ultimately be several boxes to choose from, with an array of specifications, price, and performance.

Will I be able to build my own box to run SteamOS?
Yes.

Can I hack this box? Run another OS? Change the hardware? Install my own software? Use it to build a robot?
Sure.

Can I download the OS to try it out?
You will be able to download it (including the source code, if you're into that) but not yet.

What games will be available during the beta?
The nearly 3,000 games on Steam. Hundreds already running natively on the SteamOS, with more to come. The rest will work seamlessly via in-home streaming.

Am I going to be using a mouse and a keyboard in the living-room?
If you want. But Steam and SteamOS work well with gamepads, too. Stay tuned, though - we have some more to say very soon on the topic of input.

Steam Family Sharing

Our first thousand participants have been sent an email message inviting them to the beta. Are you in?

Let us know what you think by contributing feedback and any bug reports in the feedback discussion.

So, basically a handy/portable CPU fully loaded. Can be good if it's less than $500.

Cannot comment on the portability part and the price, until I see one for real.

All in all looks promising and the fact that multiple H/W vendors are being called up, chances are we will see good competition and price prospects.

My ICICI VISA debit card used to work fine on steam till a few months back.Today I tried adding some funds to my steam wallet but I am getting an error saying"Payment declined by the bank".It works fine on Google Play Store.Why is it happening?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

if that doesn't work i suggest you make a paypal account link your icici debit card ,that should work .most bank dont even know what steam is ,they were telling me intially "our cards don't work on gambling websites",i had to sit and explain what steam is.use paypal it will be useful not just steam ,if your making international purchases it will work .Hope this helps

Pnb did the same shitty trick with me

Just call up ur bank cc and tell them that you are unable to make international purchases

They'll activate it instantly I assume

Contaced CC and told them the problem.They said that the site I am trying on might be fraud :lol: I explained that it is a legit site and I have made quite a few purchases on it using my card.They said everything is fine with the card and nothing is blocked.

I fail to understand that why is my card not working. Tried a relatives icici debit card and that too isn't working.Has ICICI blocked purchases from steam on their cards?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Archived