Rise of the Tomb Raider

playstation

On 12/27/2017 at 12:56 AM, WhiteWolf said:

Ignore collectibles. Focus on tombs, side missions and main story. 

Story is nothing special but definitely better than TR 2013

Yea, thats the plan. And fire fights are really great too. They attack in groups, provide covering fires while other move closer, keep on changing cover and aggressively throw grenades to flank you out and keep on your toes. As I am completely out of practice, dying a lot(normal difficulty). The game looks stellar and its a very good action game, just not a TR game anymore. Optional tombs in a TR game....a game cant be further away from its roots.

On 12/27/2017 at 12:10 AM, HotSonix said:

The game is very good 

Only drag is those challenges

Some are very hard to find  

But tombs are the highlight of the game for me. Found 4 so far, were easy to find and put forward decent enough challenge.

On 12/27/2017 at 3:00 AM, CarbonCore said:

Play with JPN audio and English texts, game becomes infinitely more tolerable and thus better.

:D

It's a very good one time play, starts a bit slow, but gets better. If you were able to finish uncharted 3 and 4, then this should not be too much a problem. 

I've just recently started playing it and I'm about 30% into the game. Lara looks amazing and the motion capture is done really well. Gameplay is improved over the first game and I'm totally hooked.  Challenges are a drag but everything else is fun especially the tombs and other side missions. Maps and the locations are well  designed and moving back and forth is a breeze. Really excited that a sequel is in development, can't wait for the official announcement. Also need to mention that the game is priced really good on Steam including all the DLCs so the choice of whether to get it is a no-brainer. 

3 hours ago, krados said:

I've found side missions very generic & boring, stopped bothering about them. Tombs are amazing thogh.

Side missions worth doing if you want to unlock weapons, abilities and all outfits. Every mission will give you reward. 

They're not story focused missions. 

On 29/12/2017 at 7:11 PM, adity said:

I just stopped midway for some reason. 

Now that you guys are praising it so much, I think I'll try to finish it now. 

Its not just we who are praising it,pretty much all reviews said its a great game as well.Only the story is weak but gameplay is great.

13 hours ago, krados said:

Yea, side missions are like kill x wolves, collect y resource, destroy z signal jammers etc....so many other games to play rather than doing all this.

Yeah same. I have 25-30 games in my backlog, many listed in various top 10 Goty lists. I've got no time to collect feathers, dolls, flowers etc. I just finished AC Origin, took 36 hours which is way longer than I would've liked because the game forced me to do fetch quest missions to level up. And I was still underleveled to do the last mission, so I just said fk it and ran past all the red skull enemies and beat the boss.

Yeah same. I have 25-30 games in my backlog, many listed in various top 10 Goty lists. I've got no time to collect feathers, dolls, flowers etc. I just finished AC Origin, took 36 hours which is way longer than I would've liked because the game forced me to do fetch quest missions to level up. And I was still underleveled to do the last mission, so I just said fk it and ran past all the red skull enemies and beat the boss.
i collected all gwent card just yesterday :fear:

now onto the dlcs

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, adity said:

Dunno, man. I need a proper story or the gameplay should be very enjoyable. ROTR felt very ordinary to me. 

That's just me, though. 

There is only so many times I can see Lara getting cornered and miraculously escaping. 

Then you must also not like Uncharted series because Nathan keeps getting cornered and miraculously escaping all the time.

Archived