PS3 FAQ

CarbonCore

• 2 weeks later...

need to buy a dualshock 3, and the cheapest i'm getting is at homeshop18 for 2280/- after using coupons..

but i want to confirm beforehand if that's a genuine one as i got a fake one from ebay recently for 2.2k with bill and the seller even confirmed earlier that he was selling only genuine ones..

so, anyone..??

Shops like intencity , game4u , consoul sell genuine accessories

U could even try flipkart and letsbuy . . :)

Hardly any1 purchases gaming related things from Homeshop18 . .

Controller would be genuine as it is a quite reputed company :good:

Whats like a decent cheapish alternative to the official PS3 controller? The official PS3 ones are way way too expensive. And I just need a spare one so friends can play when they come over. So it doesnt have to be great, just something thats cheap and works without problems. Doesnt even have to be wireless.

Whats like a decent cheapish alternative to the official PS3 controller? The official PS3 ones are way way too expensive. And I just need a spare one so friends can play when they come over. So it doesnt have to be great, just something thats cheap and works without problems. Doesnt even have to be wireless.

The PS3 also supports most USB Windows controllers(except the XBOX 360 controller) AFAIK. I have even played using the PS2 controller through a PS2 to PC USB converter on my PS3.

@aftrunner

you can use the DS2 on the ps3.You just need a coneverter for PS2 to PS3 port new controller and the converter will cost you max 900rs

Converter costs some 290rs and controller maybe 600-700

These are the two user reviews posted there:

Amigo does their best to look like the ps3 controller but at the end of the day isn't really fooling anyone who has held it in their hands. The analogue sticks feel like they might not last as long as they should.Getting the ps3 to recognize the controller is proving to be a task,and with no real company website to go to for official help its very touch and go. Doesn't seem to have the notion sensors that stock ps3 dualshock 3 have.(unless im doing something wrong and haven't found out how to activate them?

Flipkart delivered it within 48 hrs of placing order :)

it may not be as good as the one u get with the PS3 bt it does the job...havent been able to spot the difference between then however...i do recommend it...cheap and good...the vibrations are good and so is the handling..to be honest couldnt feel the difference...and the price is so affordable...go for it if u r short of money..

:rofl:

@aftrunner

you can use the DS2 on the ps3.You just need a coneverter for PS2 to PS3 port new controller and the converter will cost you max 900rs

Converter costs some 290rs and controller maybe 600-700

Problem is I dont really have a PS2 controller anymore. Gave away my PS2 to one of my younger siblings.

Ideally would have loved a 360-PS3 converter but only Play asia seems to sell it and dont wanna bother importing.

http://www.flipkart.com/gaming/gamepads/itmczbn3deefpjzk?pid=accczahkaefugbzu&_l=VOQ6VGiSwvkU0xKzN0ch5Q--&_r=L+Q2smIJ+0kBsypBsovYXw--&icmpid=reco_pp_same_gamepad_2

This looks decent. I think SMC had it in stock for like 1600 which is right in the budget. Plus its got the concave sticks which I always prefer. Has anyone tried it?

Problem is I dont really have a PS2 controller anymore. Gave away my PS2 to one of my younger siblings.

Ideally would have loved a 360-PS3 converter but only Play asia seems to sell it and dont wanna bother importing.

http://www.flipkart.com/gaming/gamepads/itmczbn3deefpjzk?pid=accczahkaefugbzu&_l=VOQ6VGiSwvkU0xKzN0ch5Q--&_r=L+Q2smIJ+0kBsypBsovYXw--&icmpid=reco_pp_same_gamepad_2

This looks decent. I think SMC had it in stock for like 1600 which is right in the budget. Plus its got the concave sticks which I always prefer. Has anyone tried it?

I saw one of these for 1.2k on the TP as well. It looks good, and theoretically should give a 360 controller-ish feel. Be the first to try it and let us know. I'm also looking for a secondary. :P

Archived