PS3 FAQ

CarbonCore

Is it OK if i leave game disk inside PS3 for 3 to 4 days :scratchchin:

as athek said, it doesn't matter. It actually helps keep the dust off the lens to some extent while the ps3 isn't being used.

however make sure it's not stored in a place with direct sunlight. discs don't react that well & may melt (haven't seen it happen to a blu ray, but have seen LDs & cd/dvd's melt)

Guys, any idea what the replacement terms and conditions are after the one year warranty period?

i think you get a disc of 50/40/30 % on the price of a new one after 1/2/3 yrs respectively

If i put my PS3 on Vertical position will it damage my PS3 anywhere..??

don't think should, specially since there are stands available in the market. read in some other thread that it's ok. but with a vent on either side, may/maybe not. not sure.

the tray load does get effected over a long period of time (read somewhere on the net a long time back)

• 2 weeks later...

Will they consider my PS3 for paid replacement(out of warranty) if only its ethernet port is not working? Also I remember reading somewhere that some ignorant shops give 70% off on a replacement...

^Yes, it is not working right? Even ethernet is a part of the PS3 and grounds enough for a (paid) replacement from the Sony service center. Expect 30% off a new console, rest is your luck.

^30% off is not much, considering the fact that it was most probably faulty from the beginning(I never tried it since I bought the PS3, and when I'm trying to use it now, it's not working.).

I was anyway going to wait till they announce that super-slim with a price cut.

I was going to buy a new ps3 and then I read about k and j model comparison. Are the newer ps3 k model. I read these k model have smaller heatsink, noisier fan, no wifi and eject button lights. What should I do wait for a newer model to launch or search if anyone has old stock of j model. Kindly help as I am very confused right now. Also read new variants of ps3 are about to be launched in 16, 250 & 500 gb. What if there quality is further compromised. Should I wait or buy right nw.

• 2 weeks later...

If someone can help,

Just got the newest firmare and the PS3 now just freezes at the start, can't even back up or any thing else, any idea what exactly can I do to sort it? Also considering it's out of warranty will Sony India still replace it if there's a major flaw?

It's the 320GB Slim Model got it in 2010 from Landmark Bookstore.

Sorry if this has been asked again and again but any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, need to ask. Will Sony India replace a ps3 which is out of region with no bill. I am asking paid replacement of course. Say, the 50% off thingy.

In general, no. But if you have good relations with some Sony showroom guy, then no problems in trying.

• 2 weeks later...

If someone can help,

Just got the newest firmare and the PS3 now just freezes at the start, can't even back up or any thing else, any idea what exactly can I do to sort it? Also considering it's out of warranty will Sony India still replace it if there's a major flaw?

It's the 320GB Slim Model got it in 2010 from Landmark Bookstore.

Sorry if this has been asked again and again but any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Is there any update on this? I am on 4.21 with a newly purchased PS3. Completely a noob here, was "only" playing games for a month, and now realised about exploring other options. When I try to visit the PSN Store etc it prompts me to update software. Haven't done that so far. Help needed

Archived