KnackChap

*sigh* It's as good as gone, then. I was intrigued to it right from the moment it was announced.

Still a little hard to digest the fact that Sony were conned by the reveal trailer. I mean, shouldn't they have checked some very early gameplay from which the trailer could be made? I can't seem to agree to the fact that they gave a 'go-ahead' for a trailer without checking the actual game. Especially for a reveal on a big stage like Gamescom (IIRC).

Reminds me of a certain KZ2 reveal trailer. All cinematic and then Guerilla Games found it really tough to make the final game look like that.

That's called a downgrade :P. Isn't that very common nowadays?Maybe they were running the game on more powerful dev kit @ E3.

But in here, the game was fake from the very beginning.

*sigh* It's as good as gone, then. I was intrigued to it right from the moment it was announced.

Still a little hard to digest the fact that Sony were conned by the reveal trailer. I mean, shouldn't they have checked some very early gameplay from which the trailer could be made? I can't seem to agree to the fact that they gave a 'go-ahead' for a trailer without checking the actual game. Especially for a reveal on a big stage like Gamescom (IIRC).

Reminds me of a certain KZ2 reveal trailer. All cinematic and then Guerilla Games found it really tough to make the final game look like that.

Even Nintendo does that...there Zelda trailers give different idea than what comes out eventually and i think Nintendo is even above Sony when it comes to keeping quality high. Lets see how new zelda wii u turns out .

I am also disapponited tbh....was really looking forward to this game.

Abt KZ2 yea it was downgrade from what they showed but still the game looked very good for its time. I never play fps or kinda of very rare but i own that game...i liked it so much but not for graphics...i liked the characters and that villain.

To be fair though GG pulled off one of the best, if not the best shooter on the ps3.

What Tequila has done is exactly the opposite. So far all we have seen is nothing and Sony gave up the IP as opposed to Tequila choosing to acquire it. Basically at this point there doesn't seem like there even is a game worth mentioning. And iirc Tequila did mention about 2 months back they would be sharing some RIME stuff shortly. And now we have this.

I may be wrong but if it was me, in addition to announcing reacquiring the IP I'd probably also release some more screens, or gameplay just to silence the eventual critics.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/763530290174259200?s=09

Grey Box and Six Foot will be teaming up with developer Tequila Works to publish adventure game Rime, which was originally set to be published by Sony.

From its very first moving reveal, Rime has been a game that has excited and fascinated our team, said Christian Svensson, COO of Six Foot in a statement announcing the new publishing plan.

It lives....

....for now...

• 4 months later...

Looks like former PlayStation-exclusive Rime is also headed to PC, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch

Previously a PlayStation exclusive, Rime looks like it'll now release on PC, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch as well as PS4.

​Listings for the long-in-development Rime on all the above platforms just popped up on the Brazilian Ratings Board, a regular source of leaks

• 3 weeks later...

Not a lot of games come out of a troubled development cycle unscathed. Kinda curious to see what happens with this one.

According to dev interview, they just showed the game way too early, earlier than they should have. And then Sony gave them back the rights of IP since they couldn't produce a game in time (instead of outright cancelling it like Scalebound), so additional time to find new publisher and make Xbox/PC versions.

According to dev interview, they just showed the game way too early, earlier than they should have. And then Sony gave them back the rights of IP since they couldn't produce a game in time (instead of outright cancelling it like Scalebound), so additional time to find new publisher and make Xbox/PC versions.

Lets hope thats the case, because it looks pretty interesting.

Lol the starting looks like it picks up where ICO ends :P

Yeah lol no kidding. It literally looks like it takes place 5 minutes after Ico ends.

Archived