[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

Should work because the APU has a iGP that can handle this content well.

Edited by ALPHA17
  • Like 1

@ALPHA 77

Ill post the picture tomorrow.

And I am thinking of selling my XFX 6770 HD 1 gb and a PSU coolermaster extreme pro 500w by this site only.

What cheapest PSU will you recommend ????

And many problem arising :(

Will Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO fit my motherboard Asus M4A 88 T M LE????

I am using ram of 4 gb ddr3 in one slot and so I will add another 4 gb ddr 3 1333mhz on another lot.

I heard that this cooler's heatsink will block my one Ram slot :(

I can't afford more to buy another motherboard or a processor.

And what cheap cabinet you will advice to buy to fit those???

And My cpu is 955 be not 855 it was a typo .

My cpu's
Idle temperature at minimum voltage(undervolted to 1.21v and nb-1.15v) is about 43-47 degree celcius at the time of gaming it is about 75 degree celcius and at the time of prime 95 stress test it is even higher.

Otherwise(default-1.4v) i it is about 55-58 degree celcius in idle and above 85 degree celcius on gaming and stress.

I applied that thermal paste some weeks ago only but the result was same no decrease in the temperature and my bro applied it.He in another of those computer fanatic and hardware engineer.So i guess he did it right.

And I can't tell you the exact model of Ram right now

thanx in advance and i really appreciate ur help

Edited by Rup Kumar

Ill post the picture tomorrow.

Great, waiting for it.

And I am thinking of selling my XFX 6770 HD 1 gb and a PSU coolermaster extreme pro 500w by this site only.

What cheapest PSU will you recommend ?

Cool.

Seasonic S12II 520W OR Antec VP550W are the cheapest options for you.

Will Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO fit my motherboard Asus M4A 88 T M LE?

Yes the cooler is compatible with the motherboard.

I am using ram of 4 gb ddr3 in one slot and so I will add another 4 gb ddr 3 1333mhz on another lot.

I heard that this cooler's heatsink will block my one Ram slot

Yes, but this does not mean you cannot use the RAM slot, only very tall heat-spreader equipped RAM modules (Corsair Vengeance or taller) will not be compatible.

I can't afford more to buy another motherboard or a processor.

You don't need to.

And what cheap cabinet you will advice to buy to fit those?

Cooler Master eLite 311 Plus / BitFenix Merc Alpha.

And My cpu is 955 be not 855 it was a typo .

Thought so, no harm done.

My cpu's

Idle temperature at minimum voltage(undervolted to 1.21v and nb-1.15v) is about 43-47 degree celcius at the time of gaming it is about 75 degree celcius and at the time of prime 95 stress test it is even higher.

Prime95 is meant to stress the cores completely, you will witness such temperatures under sustained load but as you said if the system is used for gaming, the real-time temperatures are much lower. A good clean up and effective reapplication of TIM should solve your problem (along with a good case with airflow characteristics).

I applied that thermal paste some weeks ago only but the result was same no decrease in the temperature and my bro applied it.He in another of those computer fanatic and hardware engineer.So i guess he did it right.

Please ask him how he did it?

Did he apply a thick layer or a thin layer of paste?

Did he use the complete tube / half of it / lesser than half of it?

No issues, just upload a few pictures ASAP and let us see if you even need a brand new cooler or no. Cheers!

Edited by ALPHA17
  • Like 1

I actually can't tell you how he(He is a HUGEE computer fanatic...his room is messed up with 680s amd 7970s and all the high end parts,he benchmark hardwares) did it :blush: (But i think thin layer of the paste with something(some kind of paper or sponge)I can't remember exactly though

But i judged it by another hardware engineer he also told it is ok.(

He also cleaned the Fan and the motherboard and all it's parts thoroughly.

Still the temperature was Up.

And I needed to undervolt it in order to make my temperature ok.And set the fan to turbo mode.It's speed is about 6500 RPM when gaming..

But i if i buy 7870 then i bottleneck will be my cpu demanding game like open world games.

So ill need to overclock it so i guess the cooler is must but you can say it better.

And i don't have an AC.

Ur really helpful and again another thank you lol :first:

Edited by Rup Kumar

I actually can't tell you how he(He is a HUGEE computer fanatic...his room is messed up with 680s amd 7970s and all the high end parts,he benchmark hardwares) did it :blush: (But i think thin layer of the paste with something(some kind of paper or sponge)I can't remember exactly though

Okay, good enough for me. He knows his job.

And I needed to undervolt it in order to make my temperature ok.And set the fan to turbo mode.It's speed is about 6500 RPM when gaming.

Yep, the 92 mm stock fan has to spin faster to move the same amount of air a slower 120mm / 140mm fan will move.

But i if i buy 7870 then i bottleneck will be my cpu demanding game like open world games.

Not really. I have an AMD Phenom IIx4 965 Black Edition with a HD5770 and plan to use it till at-least 2015 (only processor), after that will look for a change.

So ill need to overclock it so i guess the cooler is must but you can say it better.

Not much, the Phenom II quads are still solid performers. Push it to ~3.6GHz -->3.8GHz after you get the cooler if you feel it is necessary.

And i don't have an AC.

Neither do I.

Thank you for the kind words. Cheers!

P.S. -- Is your cousins's name Sumon?

Okay, good enough for me. He knows his job.

Yep, the 92 mm stock fan has to spin faster to move the same amount of air a slower 120mm / 140mm fan will move.

Not really. I have an AMD Phenom IIx4 965 Black Edition with a HD5770 and plan to use it till at-least 2015 (only processor), after that will look for a change.

Not much, the Phenom II quads are still solid performers. Push it to ~3.6GHz -->3.8GHz after you get the cooler if you feel it is necessary.

Neither do I.

Thank you for the kind words. Cheers!

P.S. -- Is your cousins's name Sumon?

Well that is good for me ...

And whenever i overclock my processor on my existing GPU that is almost same as you.It gives more FPS.

So overclocking will be good for me :)

Nope his name is Suvam.

By the way,What price do you think i should sell those???

Edited by Rup Kumar

And whenever i overclock my processor on my existing GPU that is almost same as you.It gives more FPS.

That is to be expected. If that were not happening then over-clocking is pointless.

So overclocking will be good for me.

Within limits, absolutely. Just find these limits and please, please do not mess around too much in the summer else you risk your PC.

By the way,What price do you think i should sell those???

Depends if you are open to shipping or no.

How old the GPU is, how much warranty is left on it? What condition it is in?

Depending on these parameters between ~4000/- -->5500/- (inclusive / exclusive shipping) should be your aim.

Of course my aim is high cause i only had 10K money in this moment.

For graphic card ~5000/- seems apt in the case and ~1500 for the SMPS in this case.

You don't put a RIG consuming ~600W on a 400W UPS, ever. It is a sure shot way of tripping the same the moment power cuts. That was alarming about your previous post and glad you corrected it.

Cheap FronTech unit, I trusted the businessman, results were in front of me.

No thankfully the battery wasn't fried, the power-pin though was molten and the safety-fuse turned to dust (the reason for stowing it away).

Good point and no Chinese or for that matter Indian companies (with re-bagded Chinese maal) mention this in their backup figures. It is all dominated by dual-battery, 600W backup power stuff.

This is trying to figure the quality of speaker sound-quality by reading its PMPO numbers. No connection.

It is not safe, in-fact I would not recommend it with a straight concious.

Even with intermittent power cuts, brown outs and power-spikes are best dealt with a multi-layered protection. A good surge-protector and UPS are the bedrock of this.

Ph3n0m check the fuse of the UPS as well, has it tripped?

Sorry, but how do I check the fuse? I don't want to buy another UPS. A higher-rated APC UPS is simply too heavy and costly, and is not needed other than once in a blue moon(for me). I'll may be just buy a surge protector and use the PC with that on direct line. Any suggestions for surge protectors?

Edited by Ph3N0M

Sorry, but how do I check the fuse?

Should be at the rear of the UPS, in a small removable screw-cap type enclosure. OR a circuit breaker switch will be present if the fuse is not physically accessible.

I'll may be just buy a surge protector and use the PC with that on direct line. Any suggestions for surge protectors?

MDR Electronics.

• Like 1

What is the difference between this and this? And BTW, I want the one that has the lowest number of ports, as only the PC will be connected to it. Rest all will be connected to my existing UPS. How safe is using PC on just a surge protector, if power goes off, say, once in 2-2.5 months?

On another note, do you know any Windows software for capturing photos from webcam? The default Windows 8 camera app doesn't detect my camera(PS3 Eye, the one that comes with PS3), and I tried some third-party software, which either didn't detect it, or were utter garbage, as programs. I can't believe how easy this is in Linux, with Cheese, as compared to Windows.

I bought a zebronics defender cabinet today for my computer.

But the front bay (for optical drives) does not stay on at all. I tried fixing from both ends but it keeps falling down. Do you guys know any solution other than gluing it?

Any help for this? It is driving me crazy :samui:

The second bay is loose and falls down often.

5Lm5QbZ.jpg

What is the difference between this and this? And BTW, I want the one that has the lowest number of ports, as only the PC will be connected to it. Rest all will be connected to my existing UPS. How safe is using PC on just a surge protector, if power goes off, say, once in 2-2.5 months?

Should do fine and I suggest you go for the transparent casing, at-least in-case of any troubles you can take a peek.

On another note, do you know any Windows software for capturing photos from webcam? The default Windows 8 camera app doesn't detect my camera(PS3 Eye, the one that comes with PS3), and I tried some third-party software, which either didn't detect it, or were utter garbage, as programs. I can't believe how easy this is in Linux, with Cheese, as compared to Windows.

Not aware as I don't use a webcam with my PC, let other members pitch. Cheers!

The second bay is loose and falls down often.

Get a cheaper set of headphones and a decent case.

Get a cheaper set of headphones and a decent case.

Arey yaar this is a new case. Richie street just had few zebronics models which are more expensive than this. :( They didnt even have the higher end cabinets.

Are the bays supposed to fix back in place? There are no wedges on it. I dont want to glue it back on with a tape as it looks bad.