[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

Alpha. I found this at snapdeal. Should I go for this?

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/seasonic-620-w-modular-power/429830066

You can go ahead but if it is not modular. Then you might have to consider getting it returned.

Alpha. I found this at snapdeal. Should I go for this?

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/seasonic-620-w-modular-power/429830066

overclockers-zone (Tirupati) is Authorized distributor of seasonic products in India. It's definitely M12II, if "Modular" and "620W" is specified.

I just bought S12II from them before 2-3 days. Fast shipped. excellent price.

It is the M12II-620 so definitely modular.

It was w.r.t. the price on snapdeal.

It is almost ~700/- bucks cheaper than flipkart.

Sent from my ST27i

It was w.r.t. the price on snapdeal.

It is almost ~700/- bucks cheaper than flipkart.

Sent from my ST27i

Sometimes there are unmatchable deals - maybe Tirupati is getting rid of old stock. I still think 620w is overkill - even for GTX760 SLI you dont need more than 520W.

Sometimes there are unmatchable deals - maybe Tirupati is getting rid of old stock. I still think 620w is overkill - even for GTX760 SLI you dont need more than 520W.

You would definitely need at-least a decently powerful 600W SMPS to sustain a SLi set-up.

The R9-290 series cards demand a similarly powerful SMPS, simply for reliable and efficient performance.

Sent from my ST27i

http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

Check here -

i5-4670K / GTX 760 SLi - recommendation 509W PSU

i5-4670K / R9 290 Single GPU - recommendation 471W PSU

Most of the OEM PSU calculator's are highly inflated as they want to sell higher wattage PSU. Unless you are going to highly overclock or have custom water cooling etc - 520W is more than good enough. Plus how many actually end up SLI'ing ? Its almost always better to sell the old GPU and buy a newer one.

Most of the OEM PSU calculator's are highly inflated as they want to sell higher wattage PSU. Unless you are going to highly overclock or have custom water cooling etc - 520W is more than good enough. Plus how many actually end up SLI'ing ? Its almost always better to sell the old GPU and buy a newer one.

You have to factor in other aspects of increased power consumption, like number of hard-drives, fans and other such third party peripherals.

Add to that, the fact that most SMPS deliver peak efficiency between ~60% -->80% power draw.

Finally, you can scour the market but you would not find a single good ~550W SMPS that has the cable set-up to power a SLi set-up. Molex converters are not recommended in such situations.

You have to factor in other aspects of increased power consumption, like number of hard-drives, fans and other such third party peripherals.

Add to that, the fact that most SMPS deliver peak efficiency between ~60% -->80% power draw.

Finally, you can scour the market but you would not find a single good ~550W SMPS that has the cable set-up to power a SLi set-up. Molex converters are not recommended in such situations.

Hmmmm - I agree about the lack of cables to power a SLi setup bit. Still, for a R9 290 - 520w should be good enough.

Hmmmm - I agree about the lack of cables to power a SLi setup bit. Still, for a R9 290 - 520w should be good enough.

I would not risk it considering it has two 8-pins / two 8-pin + 6 pin power requirements for custom edition cards.

My Seasonic S12 520W comes with 2 8-pin connectors if i am not wrong.

One six-pin and one eight-pin, I have the same model.

I had a Cooler Master Real Power Pro 460W earlier, I did not account of upgrades, had to get this one for the same. The reason I am asking OP to have a little breathing room. You never know, when you need that one extra SATA connector or molex to plug in that new fan.

One six-pin and one eight-pin, I have the same model.

I had a Cooler Master Real Power Pro 460W earlier, I did not account of upgrades, had to get this one for the same. The reason I am asking OP to have a little breathing room. You never know, when you need that one extra SATA connector or molex to plug in that new fan.

Yeah, it has a 6pin and a 8pin PCI-E. It never hurts to get a bigger PSU - but if the money can be used better elsewhere ... maybe that makes more sense.

ALPHA17 :can you suggest some of the cheapest Mechanical illuminated keyboard ?

I think Cooler Master TK is the cheapest one worth the monies on my opinion.

Razer's Black Widow is also an option but I don't really think too highly of the brand.

Sent from my ST27i

• Like 1

Hi,

I have been facing a problem with my pc. I was using it and it suddenly hanged, i restarted it but since then after windows logo I get a black screen.

I can access safe mode, it works fine. Even tried ubuntu, it worked fine. Reinstalled windows 8.1, everuthing was working fine till I installed nvidia drivers and now I have black screen again.

Any solution to this.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Do you have an ASUS motherboard?

Seems to be a complicated issue, try disabling GeForce Experience and just install stock drivers and see what results you get.

Check this thread on nVidia user forums. Also, I will get back to you on the headset in a couple of hours.

Edited by ALPHA17

Do you have an ASUS motherboard?

Seems to be a complicated issue, try disabling GeForce Experience and just install stock drivers and see what results you get.

I have a msi eclipse sli motherboard.

Currently i am refreshing windows install, hopefully that would uninstall the driver.

That nvidia thread you suggested has different problem to mine. And thanks for getting back to me on headsets.

UPDATE : Windows refreshed, I can see desktop, but there are no display drivers installed. What should I do now.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Edited by mafia97

I think Cooler Master TK is the cheapest one worth the monies on my opinion.

Razer's Black Widow is also an option but I don't really think too highly of the brand.

Sent from my ST27i

I like the no non sense look of the cooler master one, how is the driver support? I am bit frustrated with current software situation with my steel series keyboard. Logitech is solid in that department. Razor products looks cool but bit over priced I think