[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

Wait for Ryzen. At-least the actual benchmarks and reviews to release.

The only thing I would recommend he get right now is memory kit, Amazon has some old stock of Corsair and Kingston floating around which will be replaced by much more expensive kits in the coming days.

Depends on the games, Buying a 48,000/- GPU from the US and then having to ship it to Taiwan for after-sales is pretty pointless.

Rather get stuff locally and have the surety of support.

I am not so optimistic although I would like for a really competitive product to show up.

Either way at this moment purchasing a PC when we are about to get the numbers for Ryzen is a rather foolish move unless the guy has zero patience and simply wants to buy everything within the next 48 hours.

The problem with this line of thought is that the 7700k is a step-up from its predecessor. It really is not at stock settings and over-clocking is no guarantee in this day and age.

I would get a 6700k with the Z270 chipset, avoids all the problems of the older chipset, supports the older mature CPU designs and runs great.

Agreed. But then GPU price diff is approx 20k like EVGA in USA costs 48k and in India costs 63k. The EVGA FTW2 Model is only available in USA and is upgraded model from FTW. In India only FTW model is available. So that advantage is not something one should miss. However it is also true that if you ship it to India customs plus cost etc will be charged. I am assuming best case scenario that a relative gets it for him.

^ Why get into this circle jerk of depending on someone to carry the stuff for him? Maybe he does not have anyone in the US for all we know.

Just get a custom variant card locally and be done with it, pricing is something you have to live with.

• Like 1

Any idea how much an AMD ryzen mid level rig will cost?

Everything will be out at the end of this month.

Ideally should undercut the Core i5 line depending on the performance.

We are talking about 50% cost saving and same performance.

Same performance hahaha please.

As for the pricing if the announcement of the retail pricing is to be believed its not that great either. At least not for the entry-level chips anyway. For example. Ryzen 3 1100 for $129. That comes to ~9000 INR after direct conversion. Add import duties and taxes it will reach or even cross 12k. This is NOT affordable, at least not for the Indian/Asian market. To make it worth the price its asking for, it NEEDS to beat i5 equivalent. If it cannot beat i5 and they intend it to fight the i3 the price needs to come down.

Anyway for me the R5 1500 6C/12T for $229 is the one bang on buck. Then I will compare it against the i5 6500/7500 and then decide.

^ Processor prices are not as bad as GPU prices now a days. Only in the high end do you see a very high delta.

Hi alpha. I have Corsair CP-8920050. What are its uses? What can I do with this? I could not sell it so thinking of using it for my build. I will need a compatible gaming components. I thought that the cables are already provided by the manufacturer. Then what use is for this cable?

Edited by djanuj

Is it worth spending 3-4k extra for the 8gb variant of RX 470?I need it for 1080p gaming only.

Why don't you go for RX 480 then if you're planning to upgrade and considering an 8 gb variant. That card will be good enough for atleast 2 years min.

Just a suggestion.

Edited by Heaven Angel

Hi alpha. I have Corsair CP-8920050. What are its uses? What can I do with this? I could not sell it so thinking of using it for my build. I will need a compatible gaming components. I thought that the cables are already provided by the manufacturer. Then what use is for this cable?

It is a custom sleeve kit for certain Corsair PSU's. Can be used to do up the cable in a certain colour combo with a build.

Is it worth spending 3-4k extra for the 8gb variant of RX 470?I need it for 1080p gaming only.

No. Get a 4GB RX470, 8GB variant only makes sense on the RX480 and above.

I barely get time to play games on PC these days..else would have RX 480 no doubt :( Still using the good ol' R9 280x.

Agar you barely get time, donate that money to me instead of buying all this hardware and follow my blog.

• Like 1

You need to attract it to someone who has a compatible Corsair PSU. Compatibility list is on the product link. But it doesn't have a 24 pin cable though so that's not so good. I actually wanted to PM you about it but changed my mind. :P anyway if you want to use it you'll need to buy a compatible modular Corsair PSU. Or sell it for cheap. There's no point keeping these things un-used for long. Honestly it was a very bad deal. What's the guy's ID on other forums?

600 Watt budget PSUs Battle by Rakesh Sharma (pctekindia) featuring the Corsair VS650, Antec VP650 and Cooler Master's latest MasterWatt 600.

http://www.pctekreviews.com/Reviews/PSU_600.aspx

The CM PSU doesn't sound like a bad choice. With Seasonic PSUs around the same price I would stick to Seasonic S12II's.

Keeping all that aside, good news.

#Giveaway.

Win 1 of 3 Asus RX 480 graphics cards. One is the Asus Strix RX 480 8GB, the other two are Asus Dual-OC 4GB I believe.

Anyway please use my referral link. huehuehue. 8)

http://woobox.com/fcq694/ikt8zf

Doesn't harm trying your luck. Its the RX 480 which we all want. ;)

You need to attract it to someone who has a compatible Corsair PSU. Compatibility list is on the product link. But it doesn't have a 24 pin cable though so that's not so good. I actually wanted to PM you about it but changed my mind. [emoji14] anyway if you want to use it you'll need to buy a compatible modular Corsair PSU. Or sell it for cheap. There's no point keeping these things un-used for long. Honestly it was a very bad deal. What's the guy's ID on other forums?

600 Watt budget PSUs Battle by Rakesh Sharma (pctekindia) featuring the Corsair VS650, Antec VP650 and Cooler Master's latest MasterWatt 600.

http://www.pctekreviews.com/Reviews/PSU_600.aspx

The CM PSU doesn't sound like a bad choice. With Seasonic PSUs around the same price I would stick to Seasonic S12II's.

Keeping all that aside, good news.

#Giveaway.

Win 1 of 3 Asus RX 480 graphics cards. One is the Asus Strix RX 480 8GB, the other two are Asus Dual-OC 4GB I believe.

Anyway please use my referral link. huehuehue. 8)

http://woobox.com/fcq694/ikt8zf

Doesn't harm trying your luck. Its the RX 480 which we all want. ;)

Thanks. Can I use Corsair VS650 for gaming with this kit? Also is it better than seasonic? 650watts is enough I think for GTX 1070 or GTX 1060 or RX 480 for 1080p? plus it's cheap. I think. I could sell this kit for cheap but I don't want to incur losses. So instead of selling for cheap I thought of using it for myself. Btw I have pm'd his Tapatalk handle screenshot along with various forums handle name.

PS : http://woobox.com/fcq694/iktf90 just in case

Edited by djanuj
  • Like 1