[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

22 minutes ago, ALPHA17 said:

^ I will PM you by Monday evening. Cheers! 

Are you only looking for these peripherals or are you looking in this budget range from all brands like LOGITECH and SteelSeries as well? 

I am open to logitech as well. For steelseries, if I could get the QcK+ hyper beast mousepad, it would be great.

Just saw http://gaming.logitech.com/en-in/product/g213-rgb-gaming-keyboard & http://gaming.logitech.com/en-in/product/g102-prodigy-gaming-mouse Look pretty convincing to me.

^ The mouse is good and I can vouch for it, personally using it as my primary. The keyboard is a bit on the more expensive side if you are open to buying Chinese peripherals you can pick up the Motospeed Inflictor.

The mouse mat would be difficult to acquire because it is a limited edition variant and I do not know at what rate SteelSeries brings in stock of peripherals anymore. 

On 18/06/2017 at 4:46 AM, ALPHA17 said:

^ The mouse is good and I can vouch for it, personally using it as my primary. The keyboard is a bit on the more expensive side if you are open to buying Chinese peripherals you can pick up the Motospeed Inflictor.

The mouse mat would be difficult to acquire because it is a limited edition variant and I do not know at what rate SteelSeries brings in stock of peripherals anymore. 

Yeah, how much i can get this mouse for from nehru place? and were you able to check regarding corsair keyboard/mouse?

6 hours ago, gauravmuk said:

Yeah, how much i can get this mouse for from nehru place? and were you able to check regarding corsair keyboard/mouse?

Get the mouse from Amazon, it will work out much cheaper and it regularly goes on sale. 

For the Corsair keyboard and mouse, I am talking to the Delhi head tomorrow and will PM you. Cheers! 

6 hours ago, gauravmuk said:

Get the mouse from Amazon, it will work out much cheaper and it regularly goes on sale. 

For the Corsair keyboard and mouse, I am talking to the Delhi head tomorrow and will PM you. Cheers! 

I have two routers. One connected to my PC and the other one is biting the dust.  Now, my wi-fi range started dropping and I'm barely getting half of the speed in my living room. Very annoying. zZ2G5Yp.png

I was wondering if I can just connect 2nd router to 1st router and extend the range? 2nd router is fresh but dual band router. I did a factory reset and simply connected router to router. I was able to select wifi but it didn't work not had range improvement. 

Any easy way to increase the range/stability and make use of the 2nd router? 

If not, what do I need to buy? Extender or access point or something else? 

Thanks!

Edit: if this helps.

Q4kTUIl.png

Edited by Heaven Angel

3 hours ago, lithuvien said:

I was looking at mechanical keyboards online and most of them are in the 7k~10k range. Is it because they are imported? I was looking to get a mechanical keyboard but dont want to spend more than 5~6k. 

Most branded models will cost high since import taxes. 

Your best bet is something like Kingston's HyperX Alloy on sale or LOGITECH's G610/G410. 

1 hour ago, ALPHA17 said:

Most branded models will cost high since import taxes. 

Your best bet is something like Kingston's HyperX Alloy on sale or LOGITECH's G610/G410. 

:( Both these are > 7k.. Guess I will have to wait for a sale

• 2 weeks later...

I upgraded my connection to 150mbit. However, I'm still locked to 100mbit for some reason. mDifDrj.png 

When I plug directly into the back of CPU, I'm getting 150mbit. But when I connect it to my router, I'm getting only 100mbit.

Direct:

sQztkJ1.png

Router:

sj0fR9F.png

Test:

NlYC4l8.png

I tried manually setting up Speed & Duplex to 1.0 Gbps full duplex but it didn't work. It doesn't connect or even recognise.

Edit: my router box says

10/100 Fast Ethernet WAN port.

I guess, it can handle max 100mbit connection? Jeia3ZA.png 

Thanks!

Edited by Heaven Angel

So my pc used to get stuck at boot screen but without graphics card used to boot up fine.
Suspected graphics card gone bad, took it to gigabyte service center and they tested it and graphics card is actually perfectly fine.
Card work fine in other pcs but in my pc it gets stuck on boot screen.
Now the suspect is bad pcie slot but I need expert opinion whether its indeed the pcie slot that's gone bad.
My Motherboard is gigabyte h61m and is already out of warranty so will need to purchase a new mobo if pcie slot has gone.

Looking for a decent 1080p monitor < 15k price . Confused between two

1) LG 25UM58-P  - 25 inch ultrawide monitor - http://www.amazon.in/LG-25UM58-P-25-Inch-21-UltraWide/dp/B01BV1XB2K?_encoding=UTF8&keywords=LG 25UM58&qid=1500124856&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

2) LG 24MP88HV - 24 inch IPS monitor - http://www.amazon.in/LG-24MP88HV-S-IPS-Slim-Monitor/dp/B01BGI6GZC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500125352&sr=8-1&keywords=lg+monitor

The main usage is gaming, software development, and movies.