[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

2 hours ago, ALPHA17 said:

^ LOGITECH G413 /Kingston HyperX Alloy are good options if you are restricted by budget and just want a good mechanical keyboard. 

Both lack RGB but are superlative performers. 

Does RGB serve any purpose apart from looking flashy? My budget is around 5-7K. Also, is HyperX alloy officially available in India?

2 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

if you want just a mechanical kb without any G4m3r RGB backlighting for cheap then go for TVS Gold e-sports Keyboard,it has cherry mx blue switches apparently,yet so cheap o_O

http://www.amazon.in/Tvse-Gold-Usb-Bharat-Keyboard/dp/B00U126ZGA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501756259&sr=8-1&keywords=tvs+keyboard
costs 3K.

CherryMX Blue...Isn't that too noisy? Anyways, i don't mind spending a bit more than what it costs.

1 hour ago, Agent 47 said:

CherryMX Blue...Isn't that too noisy? Anyways, i don't mind spending a bit more than what it costs.

Loudest of the commonly available Cherry switch types. But also very satisfying, I like the crunchy feedback. 

1 hour ago, Agent 47 said:

Does RGB serve any purpose apart from looking flashy? My budget is around 5-7K. Also, is HyperX alloy officially available in India?

If you are an MMO player or if you somehow manage to spend more time staring down at your keyboard while it flashes to tell you that you have run out of ammunition in Counter-Strike, yes. Or if you are super meticulous and like to colour code profiles to your individual games then maybe RGB has some value otherwise it is just set-dressing.  

And yes the Kingston HyperX Alloy is available officially here, not so sure about the LOGITECH.

Edited by ALPHA17

25 minutes ago, ALPHA17 said:

If you are an MMO player or if you somehow manage to spend more time staring down at your keyboard while it flashes to tell you that you have run out of ammunition in Counter-Strike, yes. Or if you are super meticulous and like to colour code profiles to your individual games then maybe RGB has some value otherwise it is just set-dressing.  

And yes the Kingston HyperX Alloy is available officially here, not so sure about the LOGITECH.

I do play online only games but not necessarily CS or any MMO..RGB KB are a bit pricey and non-availability here like corsair.

Even Logitech is available here just that stocks are less. Will check both of them out and see.

I do play online only games but not necessarily CS or any MMO..RGB KB are a bit pricey and non-availability here like corsair.

Even Logitech is available here just that stocks are less. Will check both of them out and see.

Eh, RGB really isn't a necessity. It's more of a set dressing in your case then.

Sent from my Lenovo X3a40 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

does opening up a PSU void its warranty?

Yes.

3 hours ago, Defender487 said:

Ups suggest one ? plz

Specifications of your computer? 

http://www.amazon.in/Cooler-Xtraflo-Quick-Snap-Bracket-Rr-212Tr-16Pr-R1/dp/B06VWX2QLT?_encoding=UTF8&portal-device-attributes=desktop&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A3TW2FBCZ4AYW7

will this fit my case,the case manual says that it can fit coolers upto 165mm,and the cooler's height is 163mm,it this too much of a tight fit? should i go for 212X? it is 159mm in height.

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

http://www.amazon.in/Cooler-Xtraflo-Quick-Snap-Bracket-Rr-212Tr-16Pr-R1/dp/B06VWX2QLT?_encoding=UTF8&portal-device-attributes=desktop&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A3TW2FBCZ4AYW7

will this fit my case,the case manual says that it can fit coolers upto 165mm,and the cooler's height is 163mm,it this too much of a tight fit? should i go for 212X? it is 159mm in height.

Should work, I would recommend the Hyper 212X though. 

1 hour ago, puns said:

Need suggestions for an external USB sound Card & 2.0 or 2.1 Speakers ( Budget - 20 to 25 K )

Music - Rock & metal ( Bass important )
Will be connecting to my laptop ( Mac )

Anything you have your eye on? Also, better to relocate query to this thread

So i shifted to my new home couple of weeks back and while shifting all the stuff a guy dropped my CPU fro m2-3 stairs and it stopped working. I disconnected all the wires from motherboard and noticed that my front card reader was not working which did not let the motherboard to boot. I removed it and it worked fine but after 15-20 minutes it would just freeze and nothing will work. Like if i'm watching a video on youtube it will work for sometime then just freeze. Even restard button on CPU wont work. I had to plug the cord out of PSU to restart it.

Next morning i tried turning it on and the again it was with no display (red light on my monitor). I took it to my trusted guy who repairs motherboard but there was no problem with the board he just cleaned the board and it was working. 

I came back home and plugged everything in along with my GPU and it wasn't showing display. I disconnected my GPU and plugged the HDMI into the motherboard slot and it worked fine. 

I dont know if my GPU is gone because it was working fine the other night and even now when i plug the gpu the lights turn on and the fans on GPU also run. The night it worked fine it kept giving some AMD Radeon errors like driver not found etc. My windows was not original and it keeps showing error that "Windows copy is not Genuine"

Is it windows that's not letting my gpu run or windows is corrupted. Can this be a reason? because i tried to install driver but the AMD software kept saying no hardware found for GPU while it was plugged in and fans on the gpu were running. 

Here are my specs:-

Processor - Intel i7

Motherboard - Asus H87 Pro

Graphic Card - AMD Sapphire Vapor-X 3gb

PSU - Corsair 800W PSU (maybe psu is not supplying correct voltage into my board?)

Any help would be appreciated. Everything is out of warranty. Thanks for reading. 

Do look for Redragon K551. I recently bought for 5k. RGB mechanical keyboard. Outemu though but worth it I guess. It's with warranty btw.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

try another PCIe slot?

maybe the one which had  your GPU got damaged ?

Didn't help. Tried plugging the GPU into different slot. 

Does that mean my GPU is dead? why the f**k its still running fans or glowing up if its dead :ranting: