[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

i am having serious lag in all my installed games for the past 1 month. these games have run with no issues so far but now they are having these problems.

witcher 3 - game slows down and serious lag

mass effect andromeda - clunky and slow.. lags like hell

gta v - runs for some time and then freezes... an having serious texture loading problems..

these games played flawlessly for past 2 years. dunno wats the problem

my system

i5 4690

gtx 970 

16 gigs ram

win 8.1

2 hours ago, subhasis_G said:

i am having serious lag in all my installed games for the past 1 month. these games have run with no issues so far but now they are having these problems.

witcher 3 - game slows down and serious lag

mass effect andromeda - clunky and slow.. lags like hell

gta v - runs for some time and then freezes... an having serious texture loading problems..

these games played flawlessly for past 2 years. dunno wats the problem

my system

i5 4690

gtx 970 

16 gigs ram

win 8.1

upgrade to win10 already. Check computer for miner run a antivirus to see if you have something shady. During gameplay monitor with MSI afterburner what is causing lagging. high cpu usage. low vram etc etc. It could just be case of HDD dying, if transferring huge files is slower than usual then your HDD might be dying.

On 10/17/2017 at 5:54 PM, ALPHA17 said:

^ Hi man. Yeah, I realised that which is why I had asked you that query. 

You can look at Samsung's EVO 750 series or Kingston's UV400 at that price point. 

256GB /240GB is the absolute baseline these days. More would always be better. Cheers! 

Happy Dhanteras and Diwali. 

Thanks Abhay. I Bought the Kingston for 5700 INR. I even purchased Win 10 with Office 2016 for 2500 INR at OEMKEYS.in

Now Win 10 asks me to input the password everytime i switch on my pc. its annoying that i have to enter a password to use my own personal pc. i tried turning off password in User setting but it still asks for a password everytime!!

Anywork around for this??

Thanks Abhay. I Bought the Kingston for 5700 INR. I even purchased Win 10 with Office 2016 for 2500 INR at OEMKEYS.in

Now Win 10 asks me to input the password everytime i switch on my pc. its annoying that i have to enter a password to use my own personal pc. i tried turning off password in User setting but it still asks for a password everytime!!

You could have got win 10 keys for 500.

3 hours ago, pbpoovannagamer said:

Set up a local account instead of one linked to your live iD. Make sure to give it ADMIN status and Rights. Cheers! 

• Like 1

Set up a local account instead of one linked to your live iD. Make sure to give it ADMIN status and Rights. Cheers! 
I found a work around. The original method I was using was the right way. I had to just disable password and give the correct user name. It's fixed now thanks Abhay. Also I can't believe how fast windows starts up now with the SSD. Barely 10 seconds from switching ON the power button and everything on Windows 10 is loaded and ready to go. Wow. Now I regret not having switched to SSD sooner.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, ALPHA17 said:

I was making error with username thats why it was not accepting, figured it out.

Removing the Windows password login in User Accounts

• Type netplwiz in the Start menu search bar, then click the top result to run the command

• Untick the box next to 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer' and hit 'Apply'

• Enter your username and password, then re-enter your password. Click 'OK'

• Click 'OK' again to save the changes

To reactivate Windows password login just return to this settings menu and tick the box next to 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer'.

the SSD is really fast not even 5 sceonds and windows 10 is fully loaded.

• Like 1

Moving this thread to the appropriate section, 

Now to answer your queries, sequentially, 

• The best way to overclock CPU's is generally via the BIOS, so you got to enter your BIOS on boot, look into the settings if it has an unlocked multiplier and move from there. Research a little about your particular CPU model before proceeding. 
  • For GPU's the best tool is something like MSi 's Afterburner which can be used in Windows with an easy to use GUI. Again research about your hardware, its limitations before undertaking any of this. 
  • There is no 'safe' way. You are running hardware out of its recommended manufacturer specs and more importantly ramping up the heat and energy being pumped into the circuitry. If you do not improve your power supply or cooling standard, there is a very high chance of damaging your hardware permanently. 

where can I buy license for IDM cheap and legit. DigitalCodes.in is selling lifetime license for 1499rs

Check slickdeals or other website. If you don't mind buying a global serial key shouldn't matter. Which will set you back by less than 1k mostly.