[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

11 hours ago, ALPHA17 said:

By the way, prices on the PC components has gone bonkers. Anyone buying a brand new build in the coming months, I applaud you. 

Well i pray my PC keeps going because if it dies, i abolsutely will have to eat the higher prices unless i am willing to live without a PC for few months and even then there is no guarantee prices will come down.The ram price fixing is so obvious even the chinese authorities are looking into it.

1 hour ago, Masthan said:

~snip~

Dude, prices have gone up, way, way too high to build an effective PC in these days. I would advise you hold out till the budget gets tabled.

8 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Is it because of the stupid f**king Bitcoin nonsense?

That is mostly for the GPU aspect. Rest of the things have different triggers. 

RAM because everyone is using DDR4 and there are only three OEM's that produce NAND chips. And someone did not tell them to scale up production (rumours abound that it is rigged) so prices have been jacked. 

Processors because Intel is trying to play hardball after AMD kicked them in the nuts with Ryzen. So the processors are expensive, the motherboards even more so. Plus no cooler if you go for unlocked SKU. So yeah, get hammered at every tier. 

6 hours ago, adity said:

Not really. Prices of some GPUs have gone up cuz of mining but not all. 

All other parts are rising in price because of other reasons. 

Yeah! Most other prices are okay but RAM and GPU are crucial to any build and having to pay a pretty penny is bleh. 

GST is not helping on top of that. So yeah! If you want to buy a PC, right now. Go OEM.

29 minutes ago, adity said:

Are those upgradeable? 

Some components. Not all and generally they are hamstrung by the lack of internal volume /add-on lanes on the motherboard.

But holy hell, still better than having to pay close to ~7,500/- for a stick of RAM. 

^ Y Thou?

Dusting.. for now. And when I actually had issue with HDD/OS crashing non of the near by PC service guys able to answer my questions felt I am knew better than them... in chennai IT depot was ok they know stuff and looking for one who knows about PC builds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, HotSonix said:

Logitech z623 2.1 

Guys did anyone install the KB4056892 update by Ms ?

Is it hampering performance ?

Yes I did it yesterday gaming wise no performance issue but I play at 4k which is more gpu dependant still no issue CPU wise. However, I was checking task manager there were some spikes to 3.99ghz for few seconds every now and then. I am using 6700k without any OC

• Thanks 1

Guys, I am looking for a mechanical keyboard which is backlight. Will be used for gaming and typing both. I mostly play shooters on PC using keyboard mouse.

Budget around 4 to 5k, can go beyond as well if keyboard is really good.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Guys, I am looking for a mechanical keyboard which is backlight. Will be used for gaming and typing both. I mostly play shooters on PC using keyboard mouse.

Redgear MK881 Invador professional mechanical keyboard with Kailh blue switches, Lightning effect and windows key lock (Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01N0UMPCR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_jkWuAbD9WGXKR

On 08/01/2018 at 10:56 AM, mafia97 said:

Do not buy the Redgear M881. I have one its not that great. Get corsair 

54 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

I would be getting a 100mbps connection soon. Would my router (Asus RT N14UHP 300N) be alright for it? I really don't want to upgrade my router at the moment.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Yep. Lan ports are 10/100. So wired connections will get full speed if your ISP is capable of providing it. Wifi will be limited since 2.4ghz cannot do 100mbps. I think anyways its better cause 5ghz range is awful.