[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

1 hour ago, Aftrunner said:

HX-HSCL-SR/NA is HyperX Cloud Pro Gaming Headset.

> In-line audio volume control and microphone mute > Durable aluminum frame > Memory foam ear cushions provide award-winning comfort for marathon sessions > 53mm drivers pump out lush audio to fully immerse you in the game > Detachable noise-cancelling microphone > TeamSpeak™ and Discord certified so you’ll be heard loud and clear > Compatible with PS4™, Xbox One™1 , Wii U™, PC, Mac® and mobile devices.

The rest are HyperX Cloud Core based on region. 

• KHX-HSCC-BK
  • KHX-HSCC-BK-FR (ASIA)
  • KHX-HSCC-BK-LR (LATAM)
  • KHX-HSCC-BK-ER (EMEA)
  • KHX-HSCC-BK-BR (EASTERN EUROPE)

> Enhanced comfort so you can game for hours > Superior audio with the same specs as HyperX Cloud > Compatible with PCs, PS4 console, Xbox One, Wii U and mobile devices > Detachable microphone

7 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

HX-HSCL-SR/NA is HyperX Cloud Pro Gaming Headset.

> In-line audio volume control and microphone mute > Durable aluminum frame > Memory foam ear cushions provide award-winning comfort for marathon sessions > 53mm drivers pump out lush audio to fully immerse you in the game > Detachable noise-cancelling microphone > TeamSpeak™ and Discord certified so you’ll be heard loud and clear > Compatible with PS4™, Xbox One™1 , Wii U™, PC, Mac® and mobile devices.

The rest are HyperX Cloud Core based on region. 

• KHX-HSCC-BK
  • KHX-HSCC-BK-FR (ASIA)
  • KHX-HSCC-BK-LR (LATAM)
  • KHX-HSCC-BK-ER (EMEA)
  • KHX-HSCC-BK-BR (EASTERN EUROPE)

> Enhanced comfort so you can game for hours > Superior audio with the same specs as HyperX Cloud > Compatible with PCs, PS4 console, Xbox One, Wii U and mobile devices > Detachable microphone

So its the same as Cloud core? I can buy either one?? :wacko:

3 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Both are pretty much same but HyperX HX-HSCL-SR/NA comes with inline audio controls and a pouch. Get whichever is cheaper if you don't care about those. 

Yeah lol. 

Also not a fan of inline controls. They go bad super fast in my experience. So I dunno maybe better off with the regular one?

Edited by Aftrunner

23 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Yeah lol. 

Also not a fan of inline controls. They go bad super fast in my experience. So I dunno maybe better off with the regular one?

Sure, why not. Cloud series is very good.

13 hours ago, ALPHA17 said:

Purchase the 1060 6GB directly from nVidia India then, would be cheaper and would be less of a headache

Ever since I read of that Nvidia's own Indian store I haven't come across the GTX1060 in stock. 

Has anyone here actually managed to placed an order on that site? ?

On 01/06/2018 at 9:32 PM, Aftrunner said:

Same drivers, different colours and wiring solution. 

Cloud Pro, Cloud Gaming and Cloud II were all the same base hardware with different cabling to make them compatible with different devices +pricing SKUs. It is indeed super confusing but in a pinch getting the cheaper model will not mean you get a worse off product. 

I would still avoid Cloud unless you want a bass heavy sound, SteelSeries Siberia 200 in that price range is a more balanced piece of kit but unfortunately sports in-line controls. 

On 01/06/2018 at 11:21 PM, SonicDave said:

Ever since I read of that Nvidia's own Indian store I haven't come across the GTX1060 in stock. 

Has anyone here actually managed to placed an order on that site? ?

Thank our good friends at NDTV for that. And good that they stirred up this hornets' nest. 

^^ I am fine with the extra bass TBH. My other headset is a studio monitoring Senn which is super neutral. 

Anyway, picked up the Cloud core for 4.5k in NP. Inline volume controls were a deal breaker for the pro. They tend to crap out way too much.

^^ I am fine with the extra bass TBH. My other headset is a studio monitoring Senn which is super neutral. 

Anyway, picked up the Cloud core for 4.5k in NP. Inline volume controls were a deal breaker for the pro. They tend to crap out way too much.
Serbia 800 was recently on sale for 130$ on USA....and trust me that headset is awesome. Though I don't own one. I do find it extremely good review based.

9 hours ago, djanuj said:

Serbia 800 was recently on sale for 130$ on USA....and trust me that headset is awesome. Though I don't own one. I do find it extremely good review based.

The Siberia 800 /840 are in a whole different price bracket. Also, I do not think that anyone can pick up a headset because it is on sale in the West. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Does anyone know about Silicon Power? I need a second SSD and its pretty cheap on Primeabgb. No idea about their after sales support though. 

It is definitely not a Tier 1 brand, I would avoid unless you really want to cut corners to get the cheapest deals. 

Check out SAMSUNG's EVO 750 and Kingston's UV400 series for cheaper offerings from reputed brands. A-Data is another brand you can keep your ears up for. Cheers! 

• 2 weeks later...

i need a durable wired mouse under 2K

by durable i mean that the left,right,middle and/or wheel shouldn't just die in barely less than a year

i had a g300 from like 5 years ago,every 6 months one of its buttons stopped working,eventually i had to rely on those extra buttons on the sides of left and right click buttons,now it has completely died,no button works.

I may need to buy a laptop soon. Something up to a 1000$. I am in USA and can buy online or in store in Minneapolis.

I have never really bought a laptop before. Always preferred desktops, but this time around need portability. 

Requirements:

Decent screen size

Need to run a full virtual machine of windows (7 or 10) or Linux on it and several tools like Docker, Jenkins, etc. (High RAM and CPU usage)

Mostly use it for work.

Watch movies and shows.

Gaming is not necessarily a requirement. 

Light to carry (I understand that the screen size would be inversely proportional)

I may need to buy a laptop soon. Something up to a 1000$. I am in USA and can buy online or in store in Minneapolis.
I have never really bought a laptop before. Always preferred desktops, but this time around need portability. 

Requirements:
Decent screen size
Need to run a full virtual machine of windows (7 or 10) or Linux on it and several tools like Docker, Jenkins, etc. (High RAM and CPU usage)
Mostly use it for work.
Watch movies and shows.
Gaming is not necessarily a requirement. 
Light to carry (I understand that the screen size would be inversely proportional)

Dell g5 or Lenovo Y720 both are around 1300. Else MacBook Air