[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

Can anyone suggest a high range Wifi router for home..

I presently have this router but it's not giving me proper range everywhere, should I get a new high range router or get a wifi extender? which is the better option?

Edited by Heaven Angel

13 hours ago, gmanu555 said:

Tower and innards only.

Okay, cool. Hold up for a couple days then. Wait for the cheaper B450 motherboards to show up. They will be perfectly suited to your needs. Cheers! 

2 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Guys, what's a good budget motherboard for Intel Core i5 8400 processor? 

A good B360 chipset based motherboard from any of your preferred AiB partner is golden. Cheers! 

In fact, even this looks good. 

• Thanks 1

A good B360 chipset based motherboard from any of your preferred AiB partner is golden. Cheers! 

Can't seem to open that link but the Asus h370 board sells for 10k on MD computers, is it worth going for that for a processor costing 14k?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Can't seem to open that link but the Asus h370 board sells for 10k on MD computers, is it worth going for that for a processor costing 14k?

Nope, if you are building a new system, wait for the B450 boards from AMD to show up and then make a call. 

8 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Guys, what's a good budget motherboard for Intel Core i5 8400 processor? 

If you can, wait for i5 9400 launch in ~september, new series will have hardware level spectre fixes. Current Intel gen is doomed and will get slower overtime due to software based bug fixes.

10 hours ago, ALPHA17 said:

Okay, cool. Hold up for a couple days then. Wait for the cheaper B450 motherboards to show up. They will be perfectly suited to your needs. Cheers! 

Thanks! I found out that the boards for this generation of Intel processors is quite expensive. Since this is for a friend who's on a budget, he'll probably settle for a 7th Gen processor with a basic Gigabyte motherboard. 

4 hours ago, G33kgamer said:

If you can, wait for i5 9400 launch in ~september, new series will have hardware level spectre fixes. Current Intel gen is doomed and will get slower overtime due to software based bug fixes.

Unfortunately, it's for a friend who needs an urgent overhaul as his current rig is dead. So planning to grab the part urgently. 

Unfortunately, it's for a friend who needs an urgent overhaul as his current rig is dead. So planning to grab the part urgently. 
From the research I have been doing myself regarding a cpu upgrade going for a 7th generation cpu right now is just utter waste of money especially if it's not a 7700k. The 8th generation beat it and how. I would say definitely wait if you can or at least get a Gen 1 ryzen

17 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

From the research I have been doing myself regarding a cpu upgrade going for a 7th generation cpu right now is just utter waste of money especially if it's not a 7700k. The 8th generation beat it and how. I would say definitely wait if you can or at least get a Gen 1 ryzen

I have been out of the upgrade loop for far too long. So I've honestly not even looked at the current trend. His current GPU is GTX750Ti and the gaming needs are kind of basic, so even recommending him a 7th Gen i5 seems like an overkill, truth be told. I mean, even my age old 3rd Gen i5 paired with a GTX970 holds up to this day. So he should have no problem to breeze through it.

I suggested AMD, but he has had a bad history with AMD combo before this, so is hesitant with the brand. So Intel it is. 

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone here use a 3GB graphics card like the older AMD R9 2XX/3XX or the GTX 1060 3GB? How's your experience on 1080p on a multitude of titles? 
If you are buying a card now I would suggest not going for the 3gb ones, paying a little more would get you a 6gb gtx 1060 and that is honestly the one you should get.

• 11 months later...

Hey I am looking to upgrade my monitor. Budget is 20k tops. 

Freesync and 75 HZ is required. Dont need 144hz cause GPU probably couldnt crank that anyway. Aside from that larger screen would be preferable (27 would be great, willing to settle for 24 if the other features make up for it). 1080p is fine, no need for QHD or 4K. 

Edited by Aftrunner

Need a casual gaming system for 50K. Building from scratch. 1440p gaming at high settings ( No ultra with bells and whistles on )

Not looking to upgrade for 2 years. If SSD + HDD possible then great or else just HDD is fine. Can a UPS fit in the budget just enough to shut down the system? If not, I will purchase UPS outside the budget.

Looking for older steam and retail pc games over last 5 years and new games that come out like shooter and casual games ( KB + Mouse type games ). I have a PS4 so games release on console will be played on PS4. Like if I had the PC, i would have preferred Division 2 for PC than PS4. 

@ALPHA17

Edited by puns