[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

Want to build a good 1440p gaming rig now that Ryzen 3000 is out. Any comments on the following?

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (₹31599.00 @ Amazon India) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (₹11699.00 @ Amazon India) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive 
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox NR600 (w/o ODD) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: Corsair - RM 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply 

A few suggestions/questions:

1. What would be a g ood1440p freesync monitor? 

2. Should I go with the 3700x or the 3600x? I am primarily looking at gaming with some programming thrown it. Want to know if the extra money will be worth it in the long run. 

3. 2070 Super vs 2060 Super. 

On 7/18/2019 at 5:00 PM, l33tmaniac said:

Want to build a good 1440p gaming rig now that Ryzen 3000 is out. Any comments on the following?

Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (₹11699.00 @ Amazon India) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RM 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply 

2. Should I go with the 3700x or the 3600x? I am primarily looking at gaming with some programming thrown it. Want to know if the extra money will be worth it in the long run. 

I'm not an expert but sounds good. Also, Ive seen the RAM sticks go for lower on Amazon itself....

On 7/18/2019 at 5:00 PM, l33tmaniac said:

Either go with the 3700x or the 3600.. The 3600x does not have any significant benefit over the 3600..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 1:08 AM, HotSonix said:

Anyone knows some good gaming chair ? 

I'm looking to buy one from a long time.. I get excited whenever there is a sale on amazon/flipkart then browse through the options, get confused and finally end up getting nothing..
I found that the brand "green soul" has the best reviews but people suggest to get a office chair instead of a gaming chair.. So I'm planning to check out featherlite chairs in the showroom once

Edited by goDofWar_skr

On 8/13/2019 at 3:49 PM, goDofWar_skr said:

I'm looking to buy one from a long time.. I get excited whenever there is a sale on amazon/flipkart then browse through the options, get confused and finally end up getting nothing..
I found that the brand "green soul" has the best reviews but people suggest to get a office chair instead of a gaming chair.. So I'm planning to check out featherlite chairs in the showroom once

Greensoul I dont know but I am thinking of this one 

https://mdcomputers.in/gamdias-rgb-achilles-e3-l-b.html

I have a 500Gigs Samsung EVO 860 SATA for my Win10 installation and games + 2TB HDD for media.

I want to dual-boot Linux on my machine. May pick up another SSD a few months down the line. What's an ideal configuration for this? 

1. Windows on 1st SSD. 2nd SSD for Games + Linux

2. Windows + games on 1st SSD. 2nd SSD for Linux.

3. Windows + Linux on 1st SSD. 2nd SSD for games.

On 8/15/2019 at 1:18 AM, HotSonix said:

Greensoul I dont know but I am thinking of this one 

https://mdcomputers.in/gamdias-rgb-achilles-e3-l-b.html

Its leather material.. will get hot during longer gaming sessions and tends to wear out faster..
check this one - https://www.amazon.in/Green-Soul-Monster-Gaming-Ergonomic/dp/B0795WVT1B/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=green%2Bsoul&qid=1565966560&s=gateway&sr=8-3&th=1

Gaming chairs are scam. Don't fall for it. Just buy a good office chair instead.

My friend spent $400 on SecretLab Gaming Chair which is considered as one of the best but the user experiences are awful. These chairs lack lower back support and you start to feel uncomfortable after a while. They aren't ergonomics focused. 

Herman Miller and Haworth are gold standard for office but very expensive. Get 2nd hand if you can find. 

IKEA Markus / Alera / WorkPro are otherwise very solid and fit within gaming chair budget.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Gaming chairs are scam. Don't fall for it. Just buy a good office chair instead.

My friend spent $400 on SecretLab Gaming Chair which is considered as one of the best but the user experiences are awful. These chairs lack lower back support and you start to feel uncomfortable after a while. They aren't ergonomics focused. 

Herman Miller and Haworth are gold standard for office but very expensive. Get 2nd hand if you can find. 

IKEA Markus / Alera / WorkPro are otherwise very solid and fit within gaming chair budget.

I was looking into chairs too. IKEA Markus seems perfect for me. 

Too bad they can be only bought in Hyderabad. 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

Is upgrading from older OS to Windows 10 still a good idea or clean install is the best way to go?

If there is an option, I prefer clean install,,ideally before and after any major OS update, system be clean installed to avoid any errors

Planning to get back in to PC gaming. I have the following config:

• Intel Core i5 3450
  • 16GB DDR3 RAM
  • 500GB SSD Crucial
  • Benq 27" 1080p monitor
  • Seasonic Bronze 520W power supply

What would be the best gfx card for me around the 10k price range? 1050ti 4GB? I play mostly single-player games like Assassins creed, Tomb Raider, sports games etc. I don't plan on gaming in 4k etc.

Edited by TheHitman

53 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Planning to get back in to PC gaming. I have the following config:

• Intel Core i5 3450
  • 16GB DDR3 RAM
  • 500GB SSD Crucial
  • Benq 27" 1080p monitor
  • Seasonic Bronze 520W power supply

What would be the best gfx card for me around the 10k price range? 1050ti 4GB? I play mostly single-player games like Assassins creed, Tomb Raider, sports games etc. I don't plan on gaming in 4k etc.

rx 580 4gb for 11k