[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone using a dual or triple monitor stand? Mainly i need to have 2x19.5 inch monitors side by side with a third 15inch monitor either above or on one side. 

I see a few stands on Amazon but I'm not sure of the durability etc. Any help appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey this might be a dumb question but I use a fairly inexpensive Asus laptop for daily usage. It has a Type C port. What do I do with it? It doesnt charge via that port, so Im wondering what I can do with it? Can it power a monitor? But then again an HDMI port and a VGA has been provided for that....

Edited by Chirag2001

Hey this might be a dumb question but I use a fairly inexpensive Asus laptop for daily usage. It has a Type C port. What do I do with it? It doesnt charge via that port, so Im wondering what I can do with it? Can it power a monitor? But then again an HDMI port and a VGA has been provided for that....
Most of the latest office laptop comes with usb c for power , in our office all lenevo ThinkPad series have this facility, not sure why it's not the same for your laptop.. Other than, should be used for connecting with an external monitor

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

Guys, is it worth it now to upgrade from a RX 480 (8GB) to a RTX 2060 for strictly gaming at 1080p?

Or should I just stick to the RX480?

I think RTX 2060 will give almost double the performance of the 480.. If you plan to play newer titles with all the eye candy turned on, then it justifies the upgrade..

Edited by goDofWar_skr

is it worth dropping 35k on RTX 2060 Super? although even budget cards like 1660 super can comfortably run ultra at 1080p/60fps, i was thinking about the 2060 super, looking at games like Cyberpunk 2077 or unoptimized games like Metro Exodus, given this is is worth dropping so much money? or will 1660 super do the job?

20 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

is it worth dropping 35k on RTX 2060 Super? although even budget cards like 1660 super can comfortably run ultra at 1080p/60fps, i was thinking about the 2060 super, looking at games like Cyberpunk 2077 or unoptimized games like Metro Exodus, given this is is worth dropping so much money? or will 1660 super do the job?

35k, definitely no. You can grab the 5700XT for about 2-3k more (Gigabyte Windforce model if I am not wrong). 

On 11/5/2019 at 2:45 PM, kemosabe said:

Most of the latest office laptop comes with usb c for power , in our office all lenevo ThinkPad series have this facility, not sure why it's not the same for your laptop.. Other than, should be used for connecting with an external monitor

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Yeah alright. Though Im gonna try that out in a store before I just buy myself a monitor or something lol.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2019 at 8:51 PM, Aftrunner said:

What is a decent mobo for Ryzen 2600? 

Sub 10k. Dont need Wifi or Bluetooth but would be nice if it was there. Suggestions? 

Asrock B450 Pro4 is the one that's suggested by most in Reddit. Although I ve read that it's been in short supply of late. The alternative would be the Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro

8 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Asrock B450 Pro4 is the one that's suggested by most in Reddit. Although I ve read that it's been in short supply of late. The alternative would be the Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro

This one?

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450 Pro4/

On 12/1/2019 at 1:09 PM, l33tmaniac said:

I will take that recommendation as well. As I had recently ordered the Ryzen 2700 with Corsair Ram from US, and it would be arriving in a couple of months.

Need to get a decent motherboard (4-6k range), that is reliable and one that will support minor overclocking and nVME SSDs. Hopefully the ASRock would be good. 

Also, can someone recommend me a nice looking cabinet (in the 2.5-3.5k range), that's big enough for ATX boards, with space to support CPU coolers (like Hyper212), and high-end cards. USB 3.1 front panel would be a plus. 

8 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

The Aorus pro is beyond my budget and I feel like Asrock B450 Pro4 might be a little under my budget. 

The Msi B450M Mortar Max looks nice. Also has better Audio out options. Anyone using that? 

Stretch a bit more and get the MSI B450 Tomahawk Max. It should be around 9.5k.