[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

I think VSS (Volume Shadow Service) is enabled on this laptop since it's Vista. Try these steps to see if this is correct.

1. Run CMD as administrator.

2. Type " vssadmin list shadowstorage " without the quotes.

3. See the allocated size. If it is above 3 GB then go to step 4.

4. Type " vssadmin Resize ShadowStorage /For=C: /On=C: /Maxsize=3GB "

Do let us know the results.

:naughty:

thks a lot mate for the suggestion.......around 35 gb of space was allocated to system memory and abt 25gb of it was occupied byt it........am in process of deleting these fuking shadow files and resizing its capacity to 4gb......

btw i was just abt to format the HDD when i tried out u r method, saved me a loads of trouble

thks mate :P

:naughty:

thks a lot mate for the suggestion.......around 35 gb of space was allocated to system memory and abt 25gb of it was occupied byt it........am in process of deleting these fuking shadow files and resizing its capacity to 4gb......

btw i was just abt to format the HDD when i tried out u r method, saved me a loads of trouble

thks mate :P

Took a lotta time didn't ya? :P Anyways, glad to have been of help. :D

Edited by Panthelon

Took a lotta time didn't ya? :naughty: Anyways, glad to have been of help. :P

am new to vista , it was asking for elevated mod privilege, just today i got to know how to turn it on...........but am gonna till tmorrow untill deleting the shadow files........dont have any blank dvd now , would delete them after making a windows back up copy

hey guys, am using a windows vista basic home edition on the notebook,

is it advisable to switch the DWM.exe off, coz anyways i am not going to get the aero effects on the lappy, the DWM process is using to much system memory, Abt 30-40% for no reason .......as it is mainly designed for premium versions of windows......do let me know u r suggestions

is it advisable to switch the DWM.exe off, coz anyways i am not going to get the aero effects on the lappy, the DWM process is using to much system memory, Abt 30-40% for no reason .......as it is mainly designed for premium versions of windows......do let me know u r suggestions

disable these services

Application Experience

Desktop Window Manager Session Manager

Windows Themes (if u don't use any themes in Windows Vista i.e Windows classic look)

Edited by jissein

Hell yes. Grab it. It's the best buy in that budget. i can't recommend it enough. As long as you're not using it for graphic design you're good to go (for movies, games, surfing ect). Get it.

the price for the above monitor is 12k now... so i have almost decided to buy it....

You can go to the command prompt as an administrator and type

" net stop uxsms " and this will disable DWM.

12K is nice. A friend of mine just picked one up today. He paid 12.9K. Bargain your a*s off and keep in mind that it's getting tougher to find it in stock.

oh yeah even one of my other frnd told me the same... should go pay some advance tomorrow untill my old LCD gets sold

thank mate for the info