[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

@Walker What picture mode should be I running this on? Currently in Low Blue Light Picture setting, but there are the usual Standard, movie, game, eco etc modes

Anything specific? As such I don't mind this picture mode but it takes on yellowish tint as night light. 

16 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

@Walker What picture mode should be I running this on? Currently in Low Blue Light Picture setting, but there are the usual Standard, movie, game, eco etc modes

Anything specific? As such I don't mind this picture mode but it takes on yellowish tint as night light. 

I used it on game, mainly because it was primarily used on the Ps4. For PC I customized but I can't remember the settings. User I think it's called. Game didn't suit for regular PC work at all.

8 minutes ago, Walker said:

I used it on game, mainly because it was primarily used on the Ps4. For PC I customized but I can't remember the settings. User I think it's called. Game didn't suit for regular PC work at all.

Yeah, user preset is there to calibrate it as per your own needs.

When I play PS4 I'll use the game setting of course. For now, the Low Blue Light mode works well for regular PC work. 

MY father is looking for a new machine. There is a computer shop very near to his house so he wants to get it from there and asked me to send him a list of parts. 

Budget 50~60K

He does a lot of photo and video editing, not professional grade. His current system is a 5 year old dell machine that is almost on its last legs. He games occasionally, but those are mostly older games. 

I tried going for a ryzen build. Want to know if I can optimize this in terms of costs

https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/p7GKwh

On 7/26/2020 at 8:48 PM, lithuvien said:

MY father is looking for a new machine. There is a computer shop very near to his house so he wants to get it from there and asked me to send him a list of parts. 

Budget 50~60K

He does a lot of photo and video editing, not professional grade. His current system is a 5 year old dell machine that is almost on its last legs. He games occasionally, but those are mostly older games. 

I tried going for a ryzen build. Want to know if I can optimize this in terms of costs

https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/p7GKwh

Get Ryzen 7 2700

That WD Blue 2 TB 5400RPM is slow, believe me. Get a Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
Also, WD Green SSDs are crap. Get a Crucial MX500.
That case is also doodoo. Get the Deepcool Matrexx 55 Add RGB Mesh
The PSU in that list is old af. Get Corsair CX550. It is enough to power all the components.
As your dad might only use that PC for photo/video editing, get an RX570 used or new instead of GTX 1650. You can save money here

Also, don't buy parts just from Amazon.
There are better websites:
MDComputers
PrimeABGB
Vedant Computers
PCStudio
TheITDepot

TLG Gaming

Edited by Cryptic_8

Hey guys, need some help on deciding a UPS for my PC build. 

I have an 850 W PSU on it, and a samsung QHD ultrawide.. Will need to run the pc for maybe 10 minutes so that I can save stuff and shut down. 

I have a APC 600 VA that I use for my router. Can I repurpose that? Or if it's something beefier, do I need something like 

https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/apc-br1000g-in-ups/p/itme9zndpap3gdw7?pid=UPSE9ZNDWYTWGANG&cmpid=product.share.pp 

Or more? No plans to keep it running for any extended period of time. Just to save and shut down. 

God f**king dammit. 

Today my PC didn't start up. I have NO idea why. The motherboard RGB light would start but other than that nothing. No fans, no sounds, no other lights. 

I had to work so I started my laptop and went to work. About 1 hour in, I decide to try my PC again and it started.

Why the f**k does sh*t like this happen? 

13 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

God f**king dammit. 

Today my PC didn't start up. I have NO idea why. The motherboard RGB light would start but other than that nothing. No fans, no sounds, no other lights. 

I had to work so I started my laptop and went to work. About 1 hour in, I decide to try my PC again and it started.

Why the f**k does sh*t like this happen? 

replace the smps thats it and check the gpu with n without if it boots or not

which smps do  u even use

50 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

I just bought a new smps. (Cooler Master MWE 650w)

This issue happened twice before too. Before putting new SMPS 

When in doubt, it's probably the motherboard :lol:

For being such a core component these things have the cheapest, low quality parts on them that conk close to the 3 year warranty period :ranting:

My last motherboard used to cause the PC to go into infinite bootloop, no bios splash screen or anything.

It could also be the RAM sticks though :fear:

I also bought another PSU just to confirm that the motherboard was the cause :rofl:

9 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

I honestly feel like I have to keep a backup PC just to check what is wrong in primary PC :mellow:

This lmao :lol:

You go with any problem on these big forums like Tom's or the buildapc type sub reddits there is always that one guy

CaN YoU ChEcK WiTh a SpArE GPU/Motherboard/Powersupply/RAM FrOm a FRiEnd?

They expect every guy out there with gamer pc problems to also be a PC Hardware store :rofl:

Most of the times though it is unironically the motherboard, people give PSU too much sh*t for no reason :(

There is some jugaad with my RAM also. Sometimes the RAM sticks wont work in certain slots, but they will in other slots. So I switch them and it works. Then if I restore it back to original slots (where it was not working) it will work again. 

I have to play musical chairs with the RAM to see which configuration works. It's not like theres a particular slot failing or a particular stick failing. 

12 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

There is some jugaad with my RAM also. Sometimes the RAM sticks wont work in certain slots, but they will in other slots. So I switch them and it works. Then if I restore it back to original slots (where it was not working) it will work again. 

I have to play musical chairs with the RAM to see which configuration works. It's not like theres a particular slot failing or a particular stick failing. 

i guess i have to replace my mobo as well

8 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

This is literally my issue, The PC will freeze and then go into bootloop, always the DRAM led on the motherboard will glow, i.e there is problem with the RAM, then doing prayers and swapping ram sticks and magically it works :ko:

There is some slight corrosion the my RAM Stick gold contacts but, maybe that is causing the reboot loop problem,

I just hope the thing lives till next year when hopefully prices will return from the stratosphere, Zen3 will be out, B550 boards will be cheap and so will getting 3600mhz DDR4 sticks :fear:

I am fed up with the assorted problems with this box, and getting sh*t FPS in games because this is a geriatric quadcore rather than new and boss six core 12 threads  Ryzen.

3 minutes ago, Walker said:

What's a decent board for a 2600? Upto 15k.

you can get the msi tomahawk b450 max for 11-12k usually.

It has out of the box 3600 support and supports 2600 too i think.