[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

24 minutes ago, Walker said:

Hmm. Seems to be out of stock. How are the Gigabyte Auros Pro boards? Or the Asrock Steel Legend?

Anything from gigabyte or asus in your 12-15k range should be ok, if you cannot find the MSI B450 Max mobos, and yes the Asrock steel legend is also good i've heard.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Defender487 said:

i have asrock i having issues beware

Oh. What sort of issues? 

Also finally found a Tomahawk Max on Amazon for 13.5k. Will pick it next week if I can't find it anywhere else.

Can you guys suggest me a good UPS for a 4K HDR monitor? I don't need too much of backup time by the way.

Also, under installed memory (RAM) in my system properties, it says only 7.93 GB RAM is usable out of 16 GB. What does that mean? Is one of the RAM sticks not installed correctly (I cleaned my cabinet earlier this week)?

Thanks!

Edited by The Panda

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

Can you guys suggest me a good UPS for a 4K HDR monitor? I don't need too much of backup time by the way.

Also, under installed memory (RAM) in my system properties, it says only 7.93 GB RAM is usable out of 16 GB. What does that mean? Is one of the RAM sticks not installed correctly (I cleaned my cabinet earlier this week)?

Thanks!

APC 1100va one should do.

Maybe your other RAM stick isn't making a connection with the motherboard, if it was not installed correctly i.e it was making a partial connection your PC would be in reboot loop, reseat the ram stick properly and see if you get the proper 15 something gb amount

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Maybe your other RAM stick isn't making a connection with the motherboard, if it was not installed correctly i.e it was making a partial connection your PC would be in reboot loop, reseat the ram stick properly and see if you get the proper 15 something gb amount

i m using that model unable to backup my pc

57 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Will do! Thanks! :)

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

So my Corsair power supply unit blew up today, need recommendation for a good quality replacement. Any suggestions?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

I have seasonic m12ii 620w, works nicely  since 5 years, has fully modular cables and all.

then again idk about current PSU market, i even saw a Gigabyte PSU once :rofl:

WTF

Yup had the whole shabang of mini explosion, white smoke, electricity in the room going off and all that jazz. Not sure now if the other components were affected or not.

I have seasonic m12ii 620w, works nicely  since 5 years, has fully modular cables and all.
then again idk about current PSU market, i even saw a Gigabyte PSU once :rofl:

Unfortunately Seasonic have exited India and hence their PSU are not available anymore. Currently here only Seasonic made Corsair & Antec units are available.

Corsair is supposed to be good too. What was the model number exactly? 

Yeah even i was surprised why it exploded. It was a good quality Corsair CX model. Not some El cheapo zebronics psu.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

I asked this on a different thread, asking here again for advice...

I have a relatively old desktop that's started to show its age. I want to see how much of this current desktop I can salvage. What are the best and free diagnostic tools?

my rig

i7-3770

r9-380x

8gb ddr3 ram

Intel DB75EN (definitely changing this, it was bought by mistake)

Samsung Evo 128Gb ssd

2TB HDD

I will definitely get a new Hard drive and a mother board, preferably one with an inbuilt wifi. WIll it be hard to source a  motherboard with an 1155A socket? anyone has any suggestions?

I want to keep my processor and graphics card, I dont mind running games at medium settings or whatver, I play at 1080p still and wont be upgrading my monitor. 

So I just want to make sure they are in good condition before I start buying new parts.

Also, if I decide to just scrap the whole thing, is there a place in mumbai I can get a decent price for it?

Thanks in advance 

37 minutes ago, Walker said:

Guys. What's a decent thermal paste or any will do?

Editing the post since I guess I misunderstood the question..

Cooler Master Thermal Grease MasterGel Pro is usually considered a really good one but thats out of stock on amazon..

Edited by funnyadit
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Walker said:

Guys. What's a decent thermal paste or any will do?

Just now, funnyadit said:

From my understanding it acts as a lubricant which spreads the heat to get out through the cooler.. So having good thermal would decrease the temp to a certain extent than usual.. Also it dries out after a certain time then you reapply it again to maintain it..

He might have been looking for suggestions on a brand.

• Like 1