• be quiet! Pure Base 500DX 
  • Cooler Master TD500 Mesh 
  • Fractal Meshify C 

High End (>$100)

• Phanteks P500A Digital RGB 
  • Cooler Master H500
  • Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL 
6 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Feel like its more of a cabinet meant for AIO anyway.

I feel a good cooler/AIO will solve any issue with case or at least try to. 

I like the Elite very much too but they dumb to add glass in front instead of mesh.

H510-Elite-1200x628_V3-1.png

What a waste. ?

Okay so far:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) x2

Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME 

Current SSDs/HDDs will connect

Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX but want to try DeepCool's Castle 360EX. It looks so good.

unknown.png

Case - 1 of these. 

unknown.png

Any changes / suggestions? 

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX

IMO B450M tomahawk max would be a better choice since there is a key difference between the normal and the 'M' version, which is that the b450m has an additional M.2 slot instead of the PCIe lane..

Which I feel is far more useful than a PCIe lane since dual GPUs are not that feasible these days..
I have the b450m tomahawk non max version and using it with the 3600. Just had to flash the bios which was easy since it can be done without even installing a CPU.

Currently using a 500gb 970 evo in the faster M.2 slot. But later I have plans to add another NVMe 2TB in the second M.2 slot when I find a cheap one in some sale.

On 9/23/2020 at 6:38 PM, Joe Cool said:

I usually get ASUS stuff. Even my current motherboard is ASUS and never had any issue. So yours failing twice sucks.

I'll check on MSI further I guess. Thanks. ?

The Intel boards are stupid expensive. So thinking to try AMD first time. 

MSI RMA was competent - reddit says not anymore in India

I had MSI GFX card before had to rma - received upgraded stuff back in 1.5 months. mostly okay

55 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

I can find b450m tomahawk. You sure it is the same or MORTAR or something? 

https://www.msi.com/Motherboards

Yeah sorry its called Mortar - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450M-MORTAR-MAX
It basically uses the same components as the tomahawk so it has the same VRMs as the tomahawk and good heat sinks too..
There is a guy who does very good in-depth analysis of motherboard VRMs on youtube - Actually hardcore overclocking or something.. He rates MSI b450 boards the highest only bcos of the VRMs and heat sinks 

Edited by goDofWar_skr
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, sagarjalvi said:

thinking to buy Ryzen processor in a week or two. Need suggestions which one to get which wont bottleneck my 2080 super and works great while gaming + streaming. 

For now i was looking at Ryzen 7 3700x. Any suggestions will be really appreciated. 

Get 3700x if you have the budget, otherwise the 3600.

afaik 3700x still costs 28.5k, 3600 meanwhile  has shot from 15k something to 18.5k now because of corona

No difference in gaming with 3600 vs 3700x. ~1% loss at 1080p and 0% at 1440p and beyond.

3700X has more cores (6 v 8) and threads (12 v 16) compared to 3600. This helps with running concurrent applications. If you plan to stream regularly, go with 3700x; else stick with 3600. 

New AMD CPUs will be announced in 2 weeks. If not in a hurry, you should considering waiting. 

25 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

No difference in gaming with 3600 vs 3700x. ~1% loss at 1080p and 0% at 1440p and beyond.

3700X has more cores (6 v 8) and threads (12 v 16) compared to 3600. This helps with running concurrent applications. If you plan to stream regularly, go with 3700x; else stick with 3600. 

New AMD CPUs will be announced in 2 weeks. If not in a hurry, you should considering waiting. 

I did know they were but not in 2 weeks. Alright lets wait then!

So I am upgrading my PC to a Ryzen based build and the only components that I will be retaining would be HDD and SSD. If that is the case before installing the new parts do I need to completely get rid of my mobo drivers or better yet do a complete format of my OS drive ? 

Need your suggestions for a 1L gaming rig build for my friend.

He seems to be leaning on the i5 side, but i suggested him to go for Ryzen series.

Also he is considering getting a GTX 2060 Super....but i heard the newer 3000 series are cheaper...are they available yet.

Please share your inputs..