[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

ek baat batao. My relatives lives in US and we talk almost everyday. US main launch kab hoga and any idea for how much? Maybe i can ask him to purchase and courier it to me? 
If they courier you then customs lagega. Only way to save on that is if they visit here with it.

In case they are visiting mere liye bhi ek mangwalo bhai please.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Just now, i_rock098 said:

If they courier you then customs lagega. Only way to save on that is if they visit here with it.

In case they are visiting mere liye bhi ek mangwalo bhai please.

they were about to come but cancelled due to KARUNA. Agar aaye to you have my word :hug:

Deciding between the Z490 Asus Tuf Gaming Plus and the Z490 MSI MPG Gaming Edge Wifi. The MSI is 2.5k more. Worth the price difference? Asus usually has better capacitors etc. but doesn't have bluetooth or Wifi. Also, MSI service is hit or miss according to a few people on Reddit and TE. 

Processor is an i5 10600K. What cooler would you guys recommend for under 5k? Thinking of going with the CM Hyper 212 Black edition.

17 hours ago, TheHitman said:

Deciding between the Z490 Asus Tuf Gaming Plus and the Z490 MSI MPG Gaming Edge Wifi. The MSI is 2.5k more. Worth the price difference? Asus usually has better capacitors etc. but doesn't have bluetooth or Wifi. Also, MSI service is hit or miss according to a few people on Reddit and TE. 

Processor is an i5 10600K. What cooler would you guys recommend for under 5k? Thinking of going with the CM Hyper 212 Black edition.

Both are good Z490 boards. MSI if you want wifi. ASUS if you want to save some money and get better cooler instead. 

Hyper 212 is fine but go with Noctua/Arctic if you are overclocking to 5 Ghz. 

39 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Both are good Z490 boards. MSI if you want wifi. ASUS if you want to save some money and get better cooler instead. 

Hyper 212 is fine but go with Noctua/Arctic if you are overclocking to 5 Ghz. 

Both Noctua and Arctic aren't available in offline shops. Way too expensive online. Noctua would have been my first choice

So I will be getting the 2070S in a couple of days and I will be upgrading my current setup(can be found in signature) to a 1440p build. So I will have to be upgrading the cpu+mobo+ram+psu+1440p monitor. 

As I won't be getting all of those in one stretch, how much of a bottleneck will my existing setup cause with the 2070S if I continue to game at 1080p for a while before I move on with the above purchases.

Guys, I'm having a specific issue when I watch Netflix/primevideo/hotstar etc on my PC. Randomly sometimes Ill get a complete green screen of death and have to restart the computer.

It almost never happens otherwise, It has happened a couple times on youtube but Im not sure if I remember that correctly

I have all my drivers updated and this is my build

i7-3770 3.4ghz

r9 380x Sapphire Nitro

8 gb DDR3 ram

Intel DB75EN Mobo

Seasonic 520w power supply 

33 minutes ago, hussain said:

Guys, I'm having a specific issue when I watch Netflix/primevideo/hotstar etc on my PC. Randomly sometimes Ill get a complete green screen of death and have to restart the computer.

It almost never happens otherwise, It has happened a couple times on youtube but Im not sure if I remember that correctly

I have all my drivers updated and this is my build

i7-3770 3.4ghz

r9 380x Sapphire Nitro

8 gb DDR3 ram

Intel DB75EN Mobo

Seasonic 520w power supply 

r9 380 is the culprit .its drivers uninstall it

then install the older ones which were stable .

Just dealing with something annoying on my PC. The windows explorer takes good 3-4 seconds to load whenever i press Window+E. Doesn't matter if its after a cold boot or when PC have been running for hours. My PC is no way a slouch, OS is installed on a NVME SSD and the specs are decent (Ryzen 3600, 32 GB RAM 3600MHZ, 2080 Ti). Any idea what might be causing it. Its not a big issue but annoying to see the delay. Even when it loads, the outer frame of the windows explorer loads and then after a second the drives show up inside. 

2 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

Just dealing with something annoying on my PC. The windows explorer takes good 3-4 seconds to load whenever i press Window+E. Doesn't matter if its after a cold boot or when PC have been running for hours. My PC is no way a slouch, OS is installed on a NVME SSD and the specs are decent (Ryzen 3600, 32 GB RAM 3600MHZ, 2080 Ti). Any idea what might be causing it. Its not a big issue but annoying to see the delay. Even when it loads, the outer frame of the windows explorer loads and then after a second the drives show up inside. 

could be couple of things.

Pagefile size and settings. do check that and right settings for ssd. see if your ssd / hdd health using crystal disk or similar software

your antivirus / malware software can cause a delay. try turning it off and see if it delays

do a full malware and virus scan. 

update your windows and any other drivers for your hardware.

Edited by puns
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

It depends on your motherboard. Almost all new ones support both SATA and PCIe but best you look up your board. 

Crucial official site has sort of system checkup and advisor tool to see what your board is/supports. 

Tried it. It's not reading the M2 port, only the SATA port. 

The advisor tool does not contain the laptop model. 

The Acer community says it is compatible, but no idea if the India SKU is the same as US SKU. 

I am in the process of building a PC. I wanted to get the Zen 3 (5500/5600), but looking at the processor prices in India, I'm pretty sure its going launch at a high price. Hence decided to get a B550 motherboard (for future upgrade to zen3 or 4) + a vfm Zen 2 for now.

Can you please give me some recommendations on the processor, motherboard and Ram? I will be using my AMD RX560 GPU for now, and upgrade to a GTX 3060 or equivalent in a few months.

Budget = 28k

Motherboard = 10k   [Gigabyre B550M DS3H?]  - https://www.amazon.in/GIGABYTE-B550M-DS3H-Micro-Motherboard/dp/B089FY7QT1/ref=sr_1_15?dchild=1&keywords=B550+motherboard&qid=1603866546&sr=8-15

Processor = 12k    [Ryzen 3500?]

Ram (1x16GB) = 4.5k    [Gskill Ripjaw 3000Mhz - CL16-18-18-38?]  https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07NC96CHR/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A14CZOWI0VEHLG&psc=1]
SSD (1TB - nvme m.2 970Evo) - Already bought

Can you please validate my choices or provide better recommendations?

Edited by Ram Dante