[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

19 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

Yeah I see but its like 6K, not looking to spend that much.

Need to cap it off at around 2-3K. The best option I see is this, has a caps lock indicator-

https://www.amazon.in/Logitech-MK275-Wireless-Keyboard-Mouse/dp/B06X3YC1MD/

I panic bought a couple of 8GB RAM sticks in the Amazon sale. Now, is it worth running 4 x 8GB 3200 RAM sticks with the Ryzen 3600?
Pretty sure I'm gonna waste a lot of RAM, but would I gain any performance boost? If there is going to be none, I should probably cancel the order before it ships.

Please advice!

1 hour ago, Ram Dante said:

I panic bought a couple of 8GB RAM sticks in the Amazon sale. Now, is it worth running 4 x 8GB 3200 RAM sticks with the Ryzen 3600?
Pretty sure I'm gonna waste a lot of RAM, but would I gain any performance boost? If there is going to be none, I should probably cancel the order before it ships.

Please advice!

I mean you will have 32 GB RAM. Do you really need that much? Gaming doesn't require more than 16 GB and won't cross that for next 5-10+ years.

You will gain 1-3 FPS more over 16 GB RAM. 

Edited by Joe Cool
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

I mean you will have 32 GB RAM. Do you really need that much? Gaming doesn't require more than 16 GB and won't cross that for next 5-10+ years.

You will gain 1-3 FPS more over 16 GB RAM. 

Hmm, the gain is barely going to be noticeable. And you're saying that even with the next gen beginning, 32GB is going to be an overkill.

In that case I will go ahead and cancel the order and stop wasting more money. Thanks Joe! 

Guys just need a heads up regarding ryzen 
Is it troublesome to have one n does it give issues in long run 
Also some vids also stating ryzen 3k series isn't value money so as 5k series 
 Switching to intel majority of them .

I'm using a 3600x since almost a year. No issues.

My Setup is finally done.

CPU - i5 10400F 13.8k

MOBO - Gigabyte B460M 9k Didn't see the logic in getting a Z series mobo as it only allows high memory speeds for i5 and above

RAM - Crucial 16GB 4.2k @ 2666MHZ

GPU - Zotac RTX 2070S Mini 38k

PSU - Gigabyte P650B 4.7k

Display - LG 27QN600 23.9k

Total - 93.9k

• Like 3

2 hours ago, funnyadit said:

Is it worth upgrading from 8GB to 16GB RAM when you have a 5years old PC? Also, the motherboard supports only DDR3 1666Mhz..

Hmmm, depends.

If you plan to upgrade your mobo/CPU in next 1-2 years, then don't invest in DDR3 RAM.

If you don't play to upgrade for 5+ years, then go ahead.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have upgraded to core i7 10700 processor and gigabyte Z490M with 16 gb ram.

My old set up was AMD FX series processor and ASUS Mobo with DDR 3 ram.

After the upgrade I am unable to connect to the internet and troubleshooting options is not giving any results, the lan cable is connected and the led lights next to lan port lights up and wifi internet is working, I am unable to find an option to reinstall any drivers as well on Windows 10.

I am able to access the files on HDD and windows starts up normally but none of the games and other programs are running, audio and video files work.

Do I have to do a clean reinstall of windows due to new hardware conflict ?

I can't imagine needing to reinstall all my steam games, copying about 500 gb to an external HDD and it taking a while.

Please suggest some workaround to get the drivers installed.

Cannot install drivers from dvd as dvd drive does not work.

Will downloading drivers from gigabyte website and install via pendrive work?

Sent from my motorola one fusion+ using Tapatalk

Update : so it's a network driver issue. No driver found error.

Can you advice if manually installing drivers by downloading from website is a safe option?

Also I think one of my drives of my 2 TB HDD is corrupt or has errors. The other drive is working on the same HDD.

Drive D of about 1 TB can't be detected, Windows tries to repair but no success, the other Drive G is working.

How do I format this HDD, not able to find option to wipe out whole HDD.

2 hours ago, pbpoovannagamer said:

I have upgraded to core i7 10700 processor and gigabyte Z490M with 16 gb ram.

Fantastic upgrade.

2 hours ago, pbpoovannagamer said:

Do I have to do a clean reinstall of windows due to new hardware conflict ?

Yes. I would suggest a full clean OS installation to avoid any issues. 

I can't imagine needing to reinstall all my steam games, copying about 500 gb to an external HDD and it taking a while.

Only re-install OS drive. You can keep everything else. Steam games can be synced easily. If you have only 1 drive, then yeah, it will take some time moving back and forth but worth it.

44 minutes ago, pbpoovannagamer said:

Also I think one of my drives of my 2 TB HDD is corrupt or has errors. The other drive is working on the same HDD.

Drive D of about 1 TB can't be detected, Windows tries to repair but no success, the other Drive G is working.

How do I format this HDD, not able to find option to wipe out whole HDD.

Check drive health first. Run command wmic diskdrive get status, model. Use app like CrystalDiskInfo / HDD Sentinel to check as well.

To format: right click on drive -> format. 

• Like 1

Check drive health first. Run command wmic diskdrive get status, model. Use app like CrystalDiskInfo / HDD Sentinel to check as well.

To format: right click on drive -> format. 
Thanks for all the info, will install fresh.

[mention=8076]pbpoovannagamer[/mention]u need ext hdd to backup all the stuff 1st
do a clean install again
install all drivers downloaded from websites
it will take awhile still u have to do it
in order to run it properly for long run
Now copying 500 gb to external HDD. Thanks.

So I finally got my system up and running.

As far I know the intel core i7 10700 processor had a clock speed of less than 3 ghz but now when I see with open hardware monitor and nzxt softwares it showing clock speed of 4.7 ghz.

Is the motherboard Gigabyte Z490 overclocking my cpu into Turbo mode? If yes how can I turn this off?

Also while playing Battlefield 5 my cpu temp reaches 100 deg celcius.

There is case fan next to the cpu, another front fan as well as a side fan so airflow cannot be an issue.

While gaming hot air comes out of the front area but cabinet feels cool near the fans area.

My cooler master liquid cooler that worked on my old amd processor does not have a metal clip housing that fits the intel board and cpu, while fixing on to the processor the housing does not match, what a bummer, so now I have to use the stock cpu intel fan, but these temperatures are crazy!!!

Constraint on budget for new cpu cooler so need advice to manage with current setup.

Please advice.

2 minutes ago, pbpoovannagamer said:

So I finally got my system up and running.

As far I know the intel core i7 10700 processor had a clock speed of less than 3 ghz but now when I see with open hardware monitor and nzxt softwares it showing clock speed of 4.7 ghz.

Is the motherboard Gigabyte Z490 overclocking my cpu into Turbo mode? If yes how can I turn this off?

There is case fan next to the cpu, another front fan as well as a side fan so airflow cannot be an issue.

While gaming hot air comes out of the front area but cabinet feels cool near the fans area.

My cooler master liquid cooler that worked on my old amd processor does not have a metal clip housing that fits the intel board and cpu, while fixing on to the processor the housing does not match, what a bummer, so now I have to use the stock cpu intel fan, but these temperatures are crazy!!!

Constraint on budget for new cpu cooler so need advice to manage with current setup.

Please advice.

Did you try reapplying thermal paste?

4 hours ago, pbpoovannagamer said:

Intel CPUs automatically adjust the clock speed when needed. 10700 goes up to 4.80 GHz. 

Max turbo frequency is the maximum single core frequency at which the processor is capable of operating using Intel® Turbo Boost Technology and, if present, Intel® Thermal Velocity Boost. Frequency is typically measured in gigahertz (GHz), or billion cycles per second.

I believe they are set auto by default. You can turn it off if you want. BIOS settings -> advanced mode. 

Multi Core Enhancement(MCE)/Enhanced Turbo boost feeds extra.

Please advice.

Stock coolers aren't ideal for high end CPUs. You will see high temp. 

TJ Max is 100 so it is still fine but I would replace the stock cooler and double check on fans. 

What is your idle temp? 

• Like 1