[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

Another thing can i connect the speakers to the monitor qnd still get the os to recognize and function it like connecting it to the motherboard ?

I just tried xonnecting the green speaker cable to the monitor green slot but no joy. The volume controller on the z313 does not show any green light it previously used t.

Which are the best 2.1 speakers out right now around 3k?

If the speakers are dead then I'll have to get a new set

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Another thing can i connect the speakers to the monitor qnd still get the os to recognize and function it like connecting it to the motherboard ?

I just tried xonnecting the green speaker cable to the monitor green slot but no joy. The volume controller on the z313 does not show any green light it previously used t.

Which are the best 2.1 speakers out right now around 3k?

If the speakers are dead then I'll have to get a new set

IIRC the OS will show Audio over HDMI or something like that, I'm assuming your connecting via HDMI? Just select it from the list under Select Playback Device (I don't use HDMI Audio so it's not in my image below). Its not direct speaker control but rather its controlling the output to the monitor I think

ms1as3B.png

34 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Idk if my speakers died or my line out port died but my speakers are not turning on. It's a logitech z313 set. I had connected the green 3.5mm wire to the same green color line out port. Is there a 3.5mm device that i can connect to this port and see if it is working ?

I don't have another pc/laptop or tv to check the speakers. Idk if connecting those speakers on a 3.5mm port of mobile is aafe so for now should i just check the port only?

https://i.ibb.co/pjc7Swq/20210108-162103.jpg

You can connect to a 3.5mm on phone to check though the green led only denotes power supply and on state and not if anything is connected to it. It should still show green if its receiving power from the power socket even if the green cable is not connected to anything afaik.

Edited by Walker

I don't use hdmi. I connect the green wire of z313 to the green line out port on mobo.

I also tried connecting to the green 3.5mm port my benq monitor but the green power light on z313 audio controller won't turn on even if the power button on controller is on.

This is the first time i guess i see a speaker set died?

My previous creative sbs 550 never lost power but only their subwoofer left speaker port died.

Yup looks like the speaker is dead. Try 3.5mm to PC and ensure volume is up on both speaker and PC. Could be the LED is dead but speaker has power?
Tried on pc and speaker volume on full but no sound please suggest some good 2.1 speakers till 3k. This pair was decent for 2.5k at that time.

Also what is the use of the hdmi port in this pic and is the spdif out the optical out port?

20210108-174923.jpg

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

Tried on pc and speaker volume on full but no sound please suggest some good 2.1 speakers till 3k. This pair was decent for 2.5k at that time.

Also what is the use of the hdmi port in this pic and is the spdif out the optical out port?

20210108-174923.jpg

HDMI is for display from onboard gfx, and yes that sdpif is optical audio.

Sorry can't suggest PC speakers as I don't use them :(

20210108-174923.jpg

If you have a monitor connect your 3.5mm to it's 3.5mm port and see.

Click on the speaker icon in win10 taskbar and select your monitor as audio output from that.

Even I have a Z313 set and the power LED died on that a long time ago, but it still works good apart from the little dial on the side being screwed, so volume up/down is erratic.

This set seems good but how would i be able to connect it to pc as they don't provide any wires

LG LK72B XBOOM 40 W Bluetooth Home Theatre
https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/lg-lk72b-xboom-40-w-bluetooth-home-theatre/p/itm3651ae5cbd45d?pid=ACCF65ZCKRDDFJFY&cmpid=product.share.pp

This set seems good but how would i be able to connect it to pc as they don't provide any wires

LG LK72B XBOOM 40 W Bluetooth Home Theatre
https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/lg-lk72b-xboom-40-w-bluetooth-home-theatre/p/itm3651ae5cbd45d?pid=ACCF65ZCKRDDFJFY&cmpid=product.share.pp

https://www.amazon.in/AmazonBasics-3-5mm-2-Male-Adapter-cable/dp/B01D5H8JW0

The speaker set seems to have 3.5mm input but that's on the front, the back inputs are RCA, for which you can use the above mentioned cables, plug the 3.5mm to your motherboard, and plug the red white RCA ends to the speaker.

On which slot to connect though, i miss the good old days of just picking up the PC speakers like Z313 or creative a250, these new smart speakers don't provide wires out of box and there are useless indian reviewer videos online with only bluetooth connection.

One review for https://www.amazon.in/Infinity-Hardrock-210-Channel-Multimedia/dp/B07W6VRZZD/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=2.1+speakers&qid=1610211928&sr=8-2 by bee tech indian youtuber shows that this speaker when connected to PC cannot get the subwoofer recognized. Check video below after maybe halfway when he tries to connect to PC

I have made a list of three candidates

Creative SBS E2900, LG LK72B XBOOM, Philips MMS2260B/94 60 W Bluetooth Home Theatre but these later two do not come with a wire that does into the PC and idk if the cable you mentioned can get the subwoofer recognized on PC.

Anyone who has connected such speakers please reply if these later 2 will get the pc to recognize the subwoofer also

Where is alpha17 these days btw ?

21 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

On which slot to connect though, i miss the good old days of just picking up the PC speakers like Z313 or creative a250, these new smart speakers don't provide wires out of box and there are useless indian reviewer videos online with only bluetooth connection.

One review for https://www.amazon.in/Infinity-Hardrock-210-Channel-Multimedia/dp/B07W6VRZZD/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=2.1+speakers&qid=1610211928&sr=8-2 by bee tech indian youtuber shows that this speaker when connected to PC cannot get the subwoofer recognized. Check video below after maybe halfway when he tries to connect to PC

Creative SBS E2900, LG LK72B XBOOM, Philips MMS2260B/94 60 W Bluetooth Home Theatre but these later two do not come with a wire that does into the PC and idk if the cable you mentioned can get the subwoofer recognized on PC.

Anyone who has connected such speakers please reply if these later 2 will get the pc to recognize the subwoofer also

Where is alpha17 these days btw ?

https://www.harmanaudio.in/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-masterCatalog_Harman/default/dw5316a65b/pdfs/Hardrock QSG.pdf

The manual of this speaker set posted above.

In box is provided an RCA to 3.5mm cable

btw in that video the guy doesn't seem to complain of subwoofer not recognized by PC? He just supposedly plugs the cables to his pc, uses the remote to switch to AUX that is the PC input, and then shows some music being played through speakers, then starts complaining about how output isn't 100w.

In any case you just need an RCA to 3.5MM cable if they don't give one in the box

• Like 1

https://asia.creative.com/p/speakers/sbs-e2900#specs

This creative speaker you have mentioned has 3.5mm jack input only, no RCA ports involved, direct 3.5mm goes into your mobo, and the other 3.5mm end goes into the speakers, cable provided in box.

57 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Where is alpha17 these days btw 

Single Aux input is only 2 channels left and right. Pc will not recognize subwoofer or control it. 

If you want bass control, LG LK72B XBOOM has separate bass control and volume control buttons on remote.

There is no option to control bass on this infinity speakers. I did not check other models you mentioned.

Edited by gmanu555

Which ones do you ecommend from the three ? The philips ones seem appealing, in amaozon reviews of e2900 people are saying display dying ? For the RC to aux cable for LG and philips should i plug those in input or output red and white port ?

21 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

https://asia.creative.com/p/speakers/sbs-e2900#specs

This creative speaker you have mentioned has 3.5mm jack input only, no RCA ports involved, direct 3.5mm goes into your mobo, and the other 3.5mm end goes into the speakers, cable provided in box.

6 minutes ago, gmanu555 said:

Any speakers with single Aux input is only 2 channels left and right. Pc will not recognize subwoofer or control it. 

If you want bass control, LG LK72B XBOOM has separate bass control and volume control buttons on remote.

There is no option to control bass on this infinity speakers. I did not check other models you mentioned.

But on LG and philips speakers they have two red and two white 3.5mm ports so will they recognize the subwoofer which is very important to me as i need decent amount of bass in my content

8 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

But on LG and philips speakers they have two red and two white 3.5mm ports so will they recognize the subwoofer which is very important to me as i need decent amount of bass in my content

Aux In is where you connect audio input from your pc with aux to rca cable. Only 2 channels. red is right channel white is left channel

Red Fr is front right and white Fl is front left for connecting the output speakers.

Edited by gmanu555
  • Like 1